Dead Soldiers Purple Heart Stolen - Crowley TX

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:43 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by trenaman
KCS - I respectfully ask that you stop posting in this thread. If the family wants to post details, they may. But until then, stop assuming and making light of this.
I'm sorry, I really was going to just let it go, but seeing how people are still bringing this thread up and even bringing my character into question, I think it would be fair to at least defend myself against these critics. I will stop after this though. Which brings me to these two:

Originally Posted by bills02raptor
I am amazed that you have taken this post and made it about you and your opinions. This almost disturbs me as much as the theft.
How did I make this post about me? Read back through the posts and point it out for me, because I don't see it.

My original post was to offer a solution: replace the medal and restore the display at the public library with a little attempt at consolidation that while the medal can be stolen, the soldiers actions can't. Did anyone else try to offer any type of solutiuon? No.

Instead, everyone wanted to argue with me about the value of the medal, starting with the guy appropriately named "LoudmouthWS6", who made me the subject by basically implying that I am a hypocrite. Even though I said multiple times I understand the attachment the family must have, you guys kept it going while new guys jumped in with their opinions. If I am guilty of making this thread about me, so are all of you who participated.

It's very simple: I don't agree...but I understand. This should have ended when TechCam and I agreed it's just two sides to the coin, a logical and an emotional viewpoint, and neither are right or wrong. Let's leave it at that.

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
KCS, you have to be fukin with us. Everybody on here including you know that if some piece of **** had stolen your Purple Heart, you would be one mad dude. You are kinda being an ***.
I've said it several times already, I would be upset. However, I would have no issue simply buying a new medal for $15.00 and putting it back on display. In my eyes, the medal is a material object, it is not going to last forever anyways. The point of a medal or ribbon is to be on display for everyone to see, for the actions of an individual which can't be shown or displayed, and probably can't be fully understood. The value to me is in those heroic actions, not in the object that represents those actions.

If anybody else wants to call me names, or keep this agrument going, you are more than welcome to send me a PM or arrange something over a beer, and we can continue there. 01SOM was right, and this is not where we should even be having this discussion.

Last edited by KCS; 07-14-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: For people who obviously can't read...
Old 07-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
I'm sorry, I really was going to just let it go, but seeing how people are still bringing this thread up and even bringing my character into question, I think it would be fair to at least defend myself against these critics. I will stop after this though. Which brings me to these two:

How did I make this post about me? Read back through the posts and point it out for me, because I don't see it.

My original post was to offer a solution: replace the medal and restore the display at the public library with a little attempt at consolidation that while the medal can be stolen, the soldiers actions can't. Did anyone else try to offer any type of solutiuon? No.

Instead, everyone wanted to argue with me about the value of the medal, starting with the guy appropriately named "LoudmouthWS6", who made me the subject by basically implying that I am a hypocrite. Even though I said multiple times I understand the attachment the family must have, you guys kept it going while new guys jumped in with their opinions. If I am guilty of making this thread about me, so are all of you who participated.

It's very simple: I don't agree...but I understand. This should have ended when TechCam and I agreed it's just two sides to the coin, a logical and an emotional viewpoint, and neither are right or wrong. Let's leave it at that.

I've said it several times already, I would be upset. However, I would have no issue simply buying a new medal for $15.00 and putting it back on display. In my eyes, the medal is a material object, it is not going to last forever anyways. The point of a medal or ribbon is to be on display for everyone to see, for the actions of an individual which can't be shown or displayed, and probably can't be fully understood. The value to me is in those heroic actions, not in the object that represents those actions.

If anybody else wants to call me names, or keep this agrument going, you are more than welcome to send me a PM or arrange something over a beer, and we can continue there. 01SOM was right, and this is not where we should even be having this discussion.
Think about it though, as you are saying, what about the flag that is folded and given to the family of a fallen vet. you can buy a new one of those I guess too, huh? I have both my grandfather and my fathers flags still, and they have more sentimental value than actual replacement cost.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 PM
9 Second Club

to the OP. if they never find this pos and the plaque with the citation and medal was stolen. (i dont know what service he was in) but we call it IPAC in the marines (thats basically the base administration). call IPAC for whatever base he is/was on, his SRB (Service Record Book) will indicate all of his awards. and ask if they could reissue the citation. I hope they do find this POS and he gets what is nessary. I personally think he should be court ordered enlistment into the infantry, that'll set him right.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KCS

Instead, everyone wanted to argue with me about the value of the medal, starting with the guy appropriately named "LoudmouthWS6", who made me the subject by basically implying that I am a hypocrite.[/B]
I made a statement, not an arguement, this is my first reply since i said what i said, i did not mean it in a bad way or anything like that, i just know if i was given a medal for heroic actions i wouldnt just go buy another and feel that it replaces it, plain and simple
Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TACE02
Think about it though, as you are saying, what about the flag that is folded and given to the family of a fallen vet. you can buy a new one of those I guess too, huh? I have both my grandfather and my fathers flags still, and they have more sentimental value than actual replacement cost.
KCS law states that you shall be allowed no emotional/sentimental entanglement to physical/tangible objects.

Examples include:
Medals
Plaques
Flags
Certificates
Trophies
Cars
Etc.

As these items are replaceable mass produced generics not unique to one another.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

WTF is wrong with yall!?!?!?!? KCS stated his opinion, argued his point, and has been politley asked to stop. he did. politely.

WHY IN GODS NAME ARE YALL KEEPING IT UP!!???!!? ITS EVERYBODY OTHER THAN KCS THAT ARE MAKING THIS ABOUT HIM. SHUT THE **** UP AND BRING THIS THREAD BACK ON TOPIC FOR THE FALLEN SOLDIER
Old 07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So any updates on the stolen Purple Heart Medal?

Quick Reply: Dead Soldiers Purple Heart Stolen - Crowley TX