iPhone 4 crashed last night...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by buddyleex
There was no debate really. If you want GAY, look at the RCC/LMR/Powell posts regarding clutches.
Already did. It's been cleaned up.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to come in here to say that this thread makes me lol. That's all.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

You know what, if you have a I phone 4 and you have issues with it, im sorry but in all honesty you asked for it! People don't demand quality from the start. People accept half *** products and half *** service. Here you have a company that blatantly shows their customers that they don't give a crap. They make up BS lies about the issues blaiming everybody else, when we all know its a HARDWARE issue or simply put design issue. People waited in huge loooong lines to pay top dollar for this phone as soon as they heard of a arrival date. I mean come on at this point i think Steve Jobs could **** in a box and put a apple logo on it and people will go bonkers for it. I wont be a part of anything that apple or any company that follows the same practices as them. Yes i have a ipod, (i wont even use itunes to load music on it) but i got it as a gift haha. I think customers as a whole need to grow up, (lines for a phone???) and stop wasting money on a product and or company that doesn't live up to its promise over and over again. Remember this is the same phone that not to long ago could not accept or send MMS messages. Now please understand that I am not picking on anybody here, even if my rant included you. I just get upset to see people accept such poor service for such a high price. You are the customer...if your not happy, there is no apple.

sorry for the rant...just wanted to vent.

Last edited by John98LS1; 07-21-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Buying a phone when its first released is like buying a car in its first initial release....they always have bugs/issues/glitches so its best to wait till they are sorted out.
that used to be the case but is so not true anymore. With the amount of technology they put into cars it's not an issue. I have had many first year cars with zero problems. Just like the iPhone, zero issues. Of course there is the rare occurance, but when something is mass produced it can't be made perfect.

Originally Posted by bigdave619
Well I've been hearing that there is going to be a recall on iPhone 4 cause un foreseen issue. And my source. Is pretty reliable
Not gonna happen. That's what the free bumper is for. If you listened to Job's speach last week he said there was .5 of 1% people complaining. They will not do a recal based on that small of an percentage. A company that large just doesn't make economic sense. They sold 8 times as many iPhone 4's as the others, there really isn't an issue, and the free case will eliminate the people that have issues. I have a 4 and flipping love the phone.

Originally Posted by Charlay
I love my I4. You can do alot of things to save the battery. I have the battery doctor apps which I think has helped a little with battery life but they also give you lots of tips that work. Some of the things I do that saves tons of battery life.
Things to do when your at work or not using your phone much:
1) Turn your location service off.
2) Turn your 3G off ( If you still have wi-fi wherever your at with a good connection you will be fine )
^ these two alone save me tons of battery life while im at work.
Overall the phone has been flawless. Yes I can put the left botton corner where the black strip is in my palm and cover it and the signal bars will go down ..... but I have yet to drop a call!!! Apple is giving away free bumpers so check on their website daily!!
I haven't really had an issue with the phone. I use about 4-5 gigs a month of data transfer and charge it once a day... Heck of a lot better then my 3g which was 2-3 times a day. And I send 5-10k in texts a month.

Originally Posted by Bad_tx_Z28
The day i bought my phone i got 2 cases for it and havent had any problems whatsoever with dropping calls or signal. I really dont see why someone wouldnt buy a case to protect a new phone like that. But to each his own.
I didn't buy one but I normally do. I can't stand any of the cases I saw, and the bumpers were sold out. I'm on a waiting list for the vapor case (www.elementcases.com)

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Damn, all these AT&T vs. Verizon debates are just like the Ford vs. Chevy debates.

GAY!!!
so true!!! I hate verizon too, you can't talk on the phone and surf the net at the same time.....

Originally Posted by LoudmouthWS6
that is so funny

There was no debate really. If you want GAY, look at the RCC/LMR/Powell posts regarding clutches.
bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Droid betchez!!!
it's nice, but since you can't surf and talk verizon has a really big issue going against it.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Damn, all these AT&T vs. Verizon debates are just like the Ford vs. Chevy debates.

GAY!!!
So would that make sprint the dodge?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Teching In

If the networks were equal and the phones were equal, that's pretty much the only main difference between AT&T and VZW is GSM vs. CDMA. I've personally never once had the need to do both but I can see it being useful for some people.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

If the networks were equal and the phones were equal, that's pretty much the only main difference between AT&T and VZW is GSM vs. CDMA. I've personally never once had the need to do both but I can see it being useful for some people.
I do it all the time when talking to family or what not using a bluetooth accessory. Esp when trying to figure out dinner or movie stuff.

Other then that I'm like everyone else and we all have our favorites. I hated verizon in cali, so switched to ATT Everyone has their good n bad stories, just like cars. lol Its a never ending argument
Old 07-21-2010, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

What a load of dogshit that this entire iphone 4 thing has turned into. I have constantly tried to replicate these problems with these "tests" with my iphone 4 and no such luck. Please people do research when you start talking about this. Every other phone has the same problem with reception when you hold your at the antenna. Plus the "tests" that people made aren't even valid because the bar system is a completely separate algorithm compared to the actual signal coming in. They made an algorithm that was too sensitive and didn't put any lag in it. If you want an actual signal figure out the number actually coming in. It just annoys the hell out of me when people don't know what they're talking about i.e. the math/algorithm/what goes on behind the scenes on these things and the research is not really hard...it's taken me 5 minutes to get a huge amount of information on things like this.

It's the same with people who say they know alot about cars, but they don't know what a camshaft is...
Old 07-21-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redz_02
So would that make sprint the dodge?
Yeah and Cricket is TaTa Motors.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00fastta
What a load of dogshit that this entire iphone 4 thing has turned into. I have constantly tried to replicate these problems with these "tests" with my iphone 4 and no such luck. Please people do research when you start talking about this. Every other phone has the same problem with reception when you hold your at the antenna. Plus the "tests" that people made aren't even valid because the bar system is a completely separate algorithm compared to the actual signal coming in. They made an algorithm that was too sensitive and didn't put any lag in it. If you want an actual signal figure out the number actually coming in. It just annoys the hell out of me when people don't know what they're talking about i.e. the math/algorithm/what goes on behind the scenes on these things and the research is not really hard...it's taken me 5 minutes to get a huge amount of information on things like this.

It's the same with people who say they know alot about cars, but they don't know what a camshaft is...
Everyone I know who has the iPhone 4 loves it and has had no problems with it.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

See people don't put things in correct perspective.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you mean it went into restore mode? Theres no way to actually "brick" an iPhone unless its just plain hardware failure and then the phone wouldnt even come on. Average iPhone users dont know how to restore, reset, put into DFU Mode or shut it down. Im an iPhone hacker so I know how to do most of these things. Sucks it did this to you but it just probably was an unstable OS. When you took it back did they just do a restore?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW the signal loss issue is software related not hardware, it has been seen on the 3GS as well.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

My wife's 3G crashed about a year ago and we had to have the Apple store restore it. It took about 15 minutes and the earth did not explode. It has been fine ever since. Thanks baby Jesus. I owe you one.

Also, I have owned two iPhones and the only thing that has ever failed on either of them was the screen. It cracked into about 50 pieces because it fell 5 feet and landed face first on the god damned concrete. Stupid Apple! Can't even put bullet proof glass on their phones. What a bunch of cheap ********.

I like my current 3GS. I talk on it, take pictures, videos and surf the net. I don't care if (in certain areas) youtube loads .47 seconds slower on it than an Android. Also, I don't give a crap.

Last edited by -Ross-; 07-21-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LoudmouthWS6
My gf has the evo...and she's had nothing but problems. It keeps freezing up and locks up. She's decided to return it and get something else.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Wearin' da big hat

I think your GF might have been the problem
Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolguy
You know what, if you have a I phone 4 and you have issues with it, im sorry but in all honesty you asked for it! People don't demand quality from the start. People accept half *** products and half *** service. Here you have a company that blatantly shows their customers that they don't give a crap. They make up BS lies about the issues blaiming everybody else, when we all know its a HARDWARE issue or simply put design issue. People waited in huge loooong lines to pay top dollar for this phone as soon as they heard of a arrival date. I mean come on at this point i think Steve Jobs could **** in a box and put a apple logo on it and people will go bonkers for it. I wont be a part of anything that apple or any company that follows the same practices as them. Yes i have a ipod, (i wont even use itunes to load music on it) but i got it as a gift haha. I think customers as a whole need to grow up, (lines for a phone???) and stop wasting money on a product and or company that doesn't live up to its promise over and over again. Remember this is the same phone that not to long ago could not accept or send MMS messages. Now please understand that I am not picking on anybody here, even if my rant included you. I just get upset to see people accept such poor service for such a high price. You are the customer...if your not happy, there is no apple.

sorry for the rant...just wanted to vent.
Agree with you. Last gens of Ipones had issues that never got fixed so why fix them now. To many blind as **** apple nutswingers and apple knows it so they don't care and won't care. Problem won't get fixed don't count on it.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
I think your GF might have been the problem
Nope...I purchased the phone at best buy...they didn't know how to fix it either. All they said was...."We are sorry...The phone is new, they have glitches, take it to a sprint store."
Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
TECH Junkie

I find it odd that people who own other phones always feel the need to go out of their way to bash the iPhone. You rarely see any iPhone owners doing this.

It's also funny how people want to say you are an Apple nutswinger and iPhones are just a trend then they turn around and brag on their Droid as if Jesus himself came down from heaven and personally delivered it to their hands compliments of his father.
Droids are trendy too. You bought into the same **** iPhone users bought into except yours has a different name on it.

I heard the 2011 Mustang GT is beating the 2010 Camaro SS in reviews and performance tests. We might as well talk about that since it would turn into the same retarded debate these iPhone vs. Droid talks do.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 AM
RCC
On The Tree

Coming from the guy with doogie houser riding a unicorn for an avatar, Ill take that as a compliment I guess.

I have service with verizon and at&t, both have their pos and cons. I have an iphone4 and have had the different generations of iphones since their release. I have also had the verizon's android and few other of verizons answer to the iphone. Yes all the phones have cool features but I have yet to find one that does any/all of them as well as the iphones do. This is my opinion so flame away.