Old 08-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Video from the meet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjtNL...layer_embedded
Old 08-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Launching!

My first time at the Houston one...Had a good time even though I didnt bring my car (needs a clutch) hopefully i'll return next month with my car!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:55 AM
11 Second Club

just found out on one of the other sites that the white c5 didn't get popped. If you all looked up you saw the chopter, apparently next month the choppter will be hovering the whole event as well as a fuzz or two will be dedicated to the event to bust people laying rubber. SO..... You were warned, guess we will see if it's true.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
just found out on one of the other sites that the white c5 didn't get popped. If you all looked up you saw the chopter, apparently next month the choppter will be hovering the whole event as well as a fuzz or two will be dedicated to the event to bust people laying rubber. SO..... You were warned, guess we will see if it's true.
WOW - we knew this was coming. How many times to people have to warn the idiots at these meets that their actions will cost everyone. I've seen far far too many good meets get shut down and property owners change their minds not allowing the shows anymore due to a few bad apples. Personally, I'd rather hang out with cool cars, cool guys and have fun then watch some dbags show everyone how they can shorten the life of their tires.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DAVE00
WOW - we knew this was coming. How many times to people have to warn the idiots at these meets that their actions will cost everyone. I've seen far far too many good meets get shut down and property owners change their minds not allowing the shows anymore due to a few bad apples. Personally, I'd rather hang out with cool cars, cool guys and have fun then watch some dbags show everyone how they can shorten the life of their tires.
Agreed. Doing burnouts are awesome, if done in the right setting. However, if you have a bad azz car, you dont have to do burnouts to prove it.... Just sayin.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 AM
HoustonPerformanceDriving

The word is starting next month HPD will be out at this event monitoring and lurking by the exits.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

I don't care if people do burn outs, and I really don't care if they do them on the street. I'm just glad we don't have the rice doing them in the parking lot.

I think the business's there like it so far, the coffee shop says they love it because their business is up like 2000% lol
Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
I don't care if people do burn outs, and I really don't care if they do them on the street. I'm just glad we don't have the rice doing them in the parking lot.

I think the business's there like it so far, the coffee shop says they love it because their business is up like 2000% lol
I know and agree, however wait til some dbag gets in a wreck with an oncoming car on the feeder road and hurts someone. It's a distinct possibility that the owners of the property can and will get sued for allowing the event on their land. Once this happens, then BAM, no more C&C at uptown park - PERIOD. Remember the shops are just renters and don't have a say in allowing or disallowing the event, it's the land/shopping center owner that will make the call. If their liability goes up and police put pressure on them it will get shut down.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

I know and agree, however wait til some dbag gets in a wreck with an oncoming car on the feeder road and hurts someone. It's a distinct possibility that the owners of the property can and will get sued for allowing the event on their land. Once this happens, then BAM, no more C&C at uptown park - PERIOD. Remember the shops are just renters and don't have a say in allowing or disallowing the event, it's the land/shopping center owner that will make the call. If their liability goes up and police put pressure on them it will get shut down.
yup I hear ya.

That's the issue. They should just close that ramp down for the 2 hours and let people leave and do all the burnouts they want!!

You hearing this HPD???
Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Guys, some of us have been around for 8 or 9 years...every single big car meet in the history of Houston always gets ransacked by cops...no one to blame but the ******** that wide open throttle on a feeder at 10AM in front of donut shops...