Getting Called out by NSX owner at Work

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Destroy him and post many vids/pics I drug the **** outta one years ago in my old 87 RX7 turbo2, so ya got more than plenty to handle his little VCRAP 6cyl.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thats a ****** ugly car. i raced one back in the day on bw. it was joke. made more noise than anything else. sounded like a ****** f1 car. but was just another slow honda.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say don't talk to him at all. Let the coworkers do the talking. Pretend like you dont care, acting like you don't race much. Have the coworkers make the bets for you (keeps you out of trouble)... and then one day you just happen to turn into the same highway (or long straight road) as him. You go for the kill n you win.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dirty 30
I say don't talk to him at all. Let the coworkers do the talking. Pretend like you dont care, acting like you don't race much. Have the coworkers make the bets for you (keeps you out of trouble)... and then one day you just happen to turn into the same highway (or long straight road) as him. You go for the kill n you win.
Thats the better idea I have seen yet, but make sure he is willing to put up the money before you show him how fast your car really is.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Aren't they really unreliable too?

no they are not. very reliable as long as it is treated nicely.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

some overall buyers information on NSX's

- First, if you haven't done so already, read up on the car at www.nsxprime.com There's a wealth of exhaustive information in there, more than you care to know. Great bunch of guys too.

- Just do yourself a favor and stay away from the 1991-92 models. They have a potentially costly repair called SNAP RING FAILURE. A replacement for a transmission is $$$$$$$. Of course, if you have proof from the previous owner(s) that it's been replaced (it was goodwilled by Honda a while back), then you're good to go. If you don't have such document in hand, good luck. Don't skimp on the inspection. Get Acura to hoist it up and do a thorough inspection!

- For a budget of $30k max, you're looking at the 93-94's. Many prefer these because it does not have power steering and its the last model years that comes standard with the hardtop. For tracking the car, these are your best bets.

- Unfortunately, at this price range, you will find that many have been already riced-out and butchered up the ying-yang. This makes finding one in "cherry" condition extremely hard--damn near impossible. I suggest increasing your budget to cover up to the 97-98 models (started coming out with 6-speed transmissions).

- If you're looking in autotrader, you'll have to adjust your search radius to cover the entire country. These cars are very rare and chances of you finding one down the street are pretty slim. I live in CA and bought mine from Memphis, TN. This is not uncommon.

- The NSX is made of aluminum so you don't ever have to worry about rust. I know this is a common concern when buying cars out of state, particulary in the northern regions where the weather can be unfriendly towards automobiles. Also, with aluminum, a simple dent repair will be costly. They can't just pound those things out like you do with cars made of mere sheet metal.

- The car is smog certified in all 50 states. This is only of concern if you live in a state that has very stringent rules about smog like CA.

- As with anything worth its value, if you respect the NSX, it will respect you back and give you years of dedicated fun. Reliability is top notch and you will enjoy Honda reliability. However, if you disrespect it, it will make you pay, literally. Last time I heard, a replacement engine from Honda Japan will cost you $25,000.

Like I said, you got this all wrapped up if you guys are planning on some dig races.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

after you beat him, buy him a fresca.........
Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
You could do that if you liked the company of men and Broadway musicals.

or......

fck that and know that a glock 40 cal get a hater talkin real quick, when that glock to his dome, be like, "What you say son, say you can beat a Corvette with that broke *** NSX, can you beat this NO .40 cal heat I'm fixin to pump in to yo skull?" That's really the least confrontational way to handle this. After that, whilst you still got the heat to his head, ask him to **** his pants. I think all in all, it'll show that your an easy to talk to person and in no way confrontational.
Bizzatch I like your style.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tripps
The NSX is made of aluminum so you don't ever have to worry about rust. I know this is a common concern when buying cars out of state, particulary in the northern regions where the weather can be unfriendly towards automobiles. Also, with aluminum, a simple dent repair will be costly. They can't just pound those things out like you do with cars made of mere sheet metal.

bingo
Old 07-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Teching In

According to the current Application Guide on Procharger's site they don't even make a kit for the NSX. Judging from the stuff he has been saying he obviously doesn't know anything about cars.
Those engines have a 10.2:1 compression ratio so you can't run a whole lot of boost on them without a built bottom end. I'd say even with forced induction you aren't going to have any problems with him unless he comes up with a built motor and lots of boost.
Running with him n/a is going to be a joke.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Teching In

I saw one in Dallas for sale that was procharged. You can put a charger on anything for the right price.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D1StrokerC5
According to the current Application Guide on Procharger's site they don't even make a kit for the NSX. Judging from the stuff he has been saying he obviously doesn't know anything about cars.
There's a company that makes a custom supercharger kit for the NSX and it does make them quite quick when you add a charger to them. But N/A you will walk all over him...
Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
some overall buyers information on NSX's

Like I said, you got this all wrapped up if you guys are planning on some dig races.
No way he is going to go from a stop with those tires and I'm running MT's. That would be suicide, regardless of his power level.

Roll Racing is gay, but that is what it is going to be, more than likely. ****, if we ever line up.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, this should be fun. If he is really talking s#!t I would love to see his face whenever he loses.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

he would NEED a turbo set-up with countless boltons to at least be competitive.

even with a 150 shot of gas he "may" trap @ 115mph.

those cars were lucky to even trap 101/102mph in stock form.

just another torqueless underachieving **** box of a car.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Launching!

wait near the exit of work for him to leave. then follow him onto the street and proceed to drag his nsx.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Teching In

I say you make a picture of your zo6 tea bagging a nsx and put it under his windshield wiper!!!

You have nothing to worry about. As soon as the third horn hits and you punch it, you will leave his *** so fast he will claim you sprayed him.

Nsx's are neat looking cars but not fast at all in their stock form. Plus he has stock exhaust out the bk. 90% chance of you cracking that ***.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn it, I cant wait. Anything happen today?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

i love nsx's but there is no way he will touch u lol, this thread is halarious
Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Nothing today, I have the car at work with the MT's still on. He is not here. Sorry guys, I'm waiting too.

Quick Reply: Getting Called out by NSX owner at Work