Getting Called out by NSX owner at Work

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i swear to God that if ya'll ran from a dig, you'd easily have 4-5 lengths on him by the time you hit 75-80.

it's a waste of a wide open throttle pull.

launch out in second gear to give him a chance........
Old 08-02-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Nothing today, I have the car at work with the MT's still on. He is not here. Sorry guys, I'm waiting too.
tell him I'll drag his *** in my SUV lol
Old 08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

id DD one
Old 08-03-2010, 03:46 AM
On The Tree

what if he gets butt hurt and tires to get you fired?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Subscribing!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

He is here and I'm at work. Anybody near the Galleria area(Woodway/Chimney Rock), shoot me a PM with your number if you can follow a long tonight and video or watch it. I'm just going to wait for him to leave, so we might get a race, we might not.

I don't have a camera with me today, and I don't even know if he will run. We get off work at 9, and I really don't have anything to do except office work, so I'll be on the computer.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Haven't heard from anybody, so we will see what happens. I'll let you guys know tomorrow evening when I get to work if he ran me or not.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

IMO, I would go buy some cheap rear tires. And do a big nasty 1991 John Force NHRA burn out in front of his car.. Then park your car and walk in side.... And wait for your co-workers to start blabbing about the craaaaazy/awesome guy who did a burnout in front of that NSX....
Old 08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Race is over, guys.

We both got off at 9pm. I guess he saw me walking out to my car. I opened the dumps, cranked the car up and let the oil temp get to 140 before driving out. By that time, he was already in his car.

He followed me out of the Country Club heading west on Woodway. It's a major street with two lanes in each direction. He stayed on my back bumper for about a mile in the inside lane while I was on the outside lane. About 200 yards before Chimney Rock, he downshifts, takes off and passes me turning left. He though that I would overshoot and wouldn't be ready for that ricer move. I was already on the brakes as soon as he downshifted because I suspected some **** like this. I turn the corner hard and I am on his back bumper and quickly pass him. Mind you, this is 35MPH leaving Tanglewood and heading to the edge of the Villages in Houston. This is not a great place to play around, and furthermore, it's stupid.

I let him catch up and he decides to go in to full ricer mode bobing in and out of traffic on a fairly windy, up and down, 35mph stretch of road(On Chimney Rock in between Woodway and Memorial heading north). Traffic completely stops him and I am behind him at Memorial. I-10 is only about 1/4 mile north of us. He goes toward I-10, then pulls in the Chevron at Chimney Rock and 10. I pull in and we chat. First thing out of his mouth is how much does your car put down, then how much does it weigh. I don't lie, tell him exactly. Then he starts talking about his old gutted NSX turbo.

I finally said, let's go, right now. Right then, I knew that he didn't want to go, but he was in no position to back out. He had talked the talk for weeks at work, tried to pull a ricer turn while passing me, and there was no way out. We pull out East on I10 feeder road, which is now giant(haven't been back to that side of town in a while).

1st gear, side by side, we are at about 15mph. I wave him to go, twice. No gay horns, nothing like that. I wanted absolutely no excuses to everybody at work this week. He pins it, and I was being dumb. Instead of modulating the throttle with my m12 and 3.90's, I pin it, and go in to spin. Slam second, back in gets sideways and let off for a fraction of a second. By the top of 2nd, I am about 1 full car ahead. Top of 3rd, and I shift to 4th and am now about 4 car lengths ahead at about 95mph. I shut down at about 110 and was 5-6 cars ahead, he was way back there before Antoine. (All my ABS, traction control, Active Handling, and Competitive Driving mode are out on my car)

I wish somebody would have showed up. The Restaraunt Manager at our club(has a fast c5 vette, doesn't race) who got this all started, that can verify the story tomorrow, since I am sure people will be talking about it. He is a member at corvetteforum, but I'm sure he would post over here. Wish somebody had it on video!

Last edited by winters97gt; 08-03-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 PM
9 Second Club

FINALLY, some resolution! Lol. Good job. I wouldn't be surprised if he says he almost beat you at work tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

FINALLY, some resolution! Lol. Good job
No ****, Thanks! That should be interesting, though. A lot of people are going to be interested in the outcome, since a lot of people at work know about it. Word gets around when you have to work and eat breakfast/lunch/dinner in the same room with a staff of hundreds of people.

I have to admit, his car was good till about 50mph, but the outcome was what I expected. I gave him him the hazards and you couldn't see him in the rear view mirror, so he was way the **** back there.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Good kill man
Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

LMAO! Cant wait to hear about the ricer excuses!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Race is over, guys.

We both got off at 9pm. I guess he saw me walking out to my car. I opened the dumps, cranked the car up and let the oil temp get to 140 before driving out. By that time, he was already in his car.

He followed me out of the Country Club heading west on Woodway. It's a major street with two lanes in each direction. He stayed on my back bumper for about a mile in the inside lane while I was on the outside lane. About 200 yards before Chimney Rock, he downshifts, takes off and passes me turning left. He though that I would overshoot and wouldn't be ready for that ricer move. I was already on the brakes as soon as he downshifted because I suspected some **** like this. I turn the corner hard and I am on his back bumper and quickly pass him. Mind you, this is 35MPH leaving Tanglewood and heading to the edge of the Villages in Houston. This is not a great place to play around, and furthermore, it's stupid.

I let him catch up and he decides to go in to full ricer mode bobing in and out of traffic on a fairly windy, up and down, 35mph stretch of road(On Chimney Rock in between Woodway and Memorial heading north). Traffic completely stops him and I am behind him at Memorial. I-10 is only about 1/4 mile north of us. He goes toward I-10, then pulls in the Chevron at Chimney Rock and 10. I pull in and we chat. First thing out of his mouth is how much does your car put down, then how much does it weigh. I don't lie, tell him exactly. Then he starts talking about his old gutted NSX turbo.

I finally said, let's go, right now. Right then, I knew that he didn't want to go, but he was in no position to back out. He had talked the talk for weeks at work, tried to pull a ricer turn while passing me, and there was no way out. We pull out East on I10 feeder road, which is now giant(haven't been back to that side of town in a while).

1st gear, side by side, we are at about 15mph. I wave him to go, twice. No gay horns, nothing like that. I wanted absolutely no excuses to everybody at work this week. He pins it, and I was being dumb. Instead of modulating the throttle with my m12 and 3.90's, I pin it, and go in to spin. Slam second, back in gets sideways and let off for a fraction of a second. By the top of 2nd, I am about 1 full car ahead. Top of 3rd, and I shift to 4th and am now about 4 car lengths ahead at about 95mph. I shut down at about 110 and was 5-6 cars ahead, he was way back there before Antoine. (All my ABS, traction control, Active Handling, and Competitive Driving mode are out on my car)

I wish somebody would have showed up. The Restaraunt Manager at our club(has a fast c5 vette, doesn't race) who got this all started, that can verify the story tomorrow, since I am sure people will be talking about it. He is a member at corvetteforum, but I'm sure he would post over here. Wish somebody had it on video!
ZFLASH is called out and responds! I'm the manager that got this started, the NSX guy has talked all summer how his car would blow ours away! Well as stated mine is pretty quick but mine is just good to look at. That's why I got Mark involved, since he's always racing and is setup for it. Well it sounds like it turned out just as we thought, good job and get your D*MN car fixed! When I get the A&A charger installed, I might let you drive it! L8R THE FLASH
Old 08-04-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

haha. nice. been following the thread. good kill
Old 08-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Launching!

haha showed him what was up, gotta love the ricer excuse. its a good thing you made the turn and caught him, he probably would have told everyone he raped you then turned to go home. i had a little *** hole in a turbo civic try that **** on me im just cruising along he pulls along side me and without any warning he firewalls the hell outta that little car, funny thing was it wasnt going anywhere so i dropped a gear hit it hard jumped out like 5 cars on the hit then let out. i just smiled at him and shook my finger at him like no, no, no, when he drove by and all his friends were staring at me like they'd seen a ghost. funny chit right there man gota love ricers.......
Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Teching In

danm wish i would of seen this yesterday im at 290 and mangum could of been there in 5 min....
Old 08-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02r1
danm wish i would of seen this yesterday im at 290 and mangum could of been there in 5 min....
Likewise lol I'm at N Post Oak Rd and I10
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZFLASH
ZFLASH is called out and responds! I'm the manager that got this started, the NSX guy has talked all summer how his car would blow ours away! Well as stated mine is pretty quick but mine is just good to look at. That's why I got Mark involved, since he's always racing and is setup for it. Well it sounds like it turned out just as we thought, good job and get your D*MN car fixed! When I get the A&A charger installed, I might let you drive it! L8R THE FLASH
Wow, how did you find this, Derrick? You do lurk around on the boards! Haven't been down to the mess hall today, been teaching in the water. Did you see him today?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good kill man! Sounds awesome, congrats.

Quick Reply: Getting Called out by NSX owner at Work