How to tell an OEM SS Hood from aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you pick up the silver hood from the guy in Bedford? If so I picked up the spoiler from him this afternoon and they are definitly OEM SLP. Post some pics up when you get it all aligned. Mine will take some time as my car is pewter so it will be going to paint this week sometime.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SprayJ
Did you pick up the silver hood from the guy in Bedford? If so I picked up the spoiler from him this afternoon and they are definitly OEM SLP. Post some pics up when you get it all aligned. Mine will take some time as my car is pewter so it will be going to paint this week sometime.
Yep, I got it from the guy in Bedford. Nice guy, even helped me swap the hood on to get me home as I think both of us felt safer with the hood on the car rather than in the back of my truck. We put the Z28 one in the my truck - wrapped in blankets of course.

He has a nice set of rims and tires too - if they were chrome, I would have taken them off his hands!!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Default Hood pics

Old 08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Teching In

You will notice that the passenger side rear corner is raised up a little bit - is there any adjustment in the hinge (up and down) or the fender (up and down)....
Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rsscoggins
You will notice that the passenger side rear corner is raised up a little bit - is there any adjustment in the hinge (up and down) or the fender (up and down)....
I can't see the pictures at work, but if you are talking about where the hood meets the fender closest to the windshield, then You have to slot the holes on the bracket a little if there isn't enough adjustment there or you can try and pull the fender up a little or a combination of both. Like I said I can't see the pictures, but I've done it a multiple times and its not hard it just takes a little patience. I usually don't mess with the hinges themselves unless its a last resort as they don't have as much play for adjustment so the work isn't worth the pay off lol!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rsscoggins
Loosen the last bolt on the fender and pull up while you tighten it and it should get you pretty close to where the hood lines up with it.
If it doesnt budge, you might have to loosen the next bolt as well.

Quick Reply: How to tell an OEM SS Hood from aftermarket?