Got my first ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redws618
Rofl!!! It's not stupid, but it's true, he's 17, no responsibilities really, what a day or two of your time? Judge will know you turned yourself in and be even more lenient. I used to turn myself in 30 minutes before midnight and get credit for that 30 minutes for a full day.
You can also request to just set out the ticket and not let it go to warrant.. But the thing is it will count on the point system.

Not a very good idea.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
You can also request to just set out the ticket and not let it go to warrant.. But the thing is it will count on the point system.

Not a very good idea.
who told you that !?!?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought at 17 you was still considered as a Minor and had to have a parent present...

I could be wrong again
Old 08-30-2010, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Not a very good idea.
No pissing contest here but first I've never heard of a point system in Texas. And if it counts it doesn't when it goes to warrant status cause if it did my **** would be suspended for a long time. When I was younger I got quite a few moving violations which I just let it go to warrant, turned myself in and it was done. No more that 48 hours on at minimum 700$ fine for no appear and ticket. Only thing that ever showed up was when I had a lawyer and I just paid the fine.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by imlooking
who told you that !?!?
Judge lol I had someone tell me the same thing so I asked him ..he said sure but it will count againts you.

I said no thank you and just did defensive driving.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Alright sounds good. Do I just show up to the court or do I call the number first?

Too bad I can't read the God damn court date. I think it says the 28th which means now I have to tell my mom since it's a school day. I don't think she will care but I just rather her not know, she will probably get mad because I have to miss school which is a big thing to her.

And thanks, you guys are awesome. I had no clue what to do lol.
call the court first, they will tell you literally everything you need to know, if they don't then just ask. sometimes the clerks tend to be bitches so just don't mind that and poke them till they tell you what you need to know.

the court charges more for school zone defensive driving but not double like construction. i believe it's like 10-20 bux more, IIRC.

once you start the DD course you will need to order your driver record from austin(it takes a while so don't put it off) and i think that costs $25, then there's the cost of the course, and any shipping charges they might have. some places offer free shipping but it takes longer, if you want it over nighted you will have to shell out some more money.(again just do it ASAP and you will have nothing to worry about) also if i remember right you will have to have a notarized photo copy of your drivers license. my bank did this for me.
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
I thought at 17 you was still considered as a Minor and had to have a parent present...

I could be wrong again
17 in Texas in considered an adult. I went to lew sterret at 17 and was like I'm only 17, WTF!!!!
10 Second Club

No pissing contest here but first I've never heard of a point system in Texas. And if it counts it doesn't when it goes to warrant status cause if it did my **** would be suspended for a long time. When I was younger I got quite a few moving violations which I just let it go to warrant, turned myself in and it was done. No more that 48 hours on at minimum 700$ fine for no appear and ticket. Only thing that ever showed up was when I had a lawyer and I just paid the fine.
Then you haven't had a ticket in a long time huh lol

We have been on a point system for some time now.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Then you haven't had a ticket in a long time huh lol

We have been on a point system for some time now.
2-3 years maybe? **** I have a speeding warrant and no registration warrant right now!!! I know it's stupid but I'll get a lewyer for these. I have a daughter who I get on weekends so that's a no go for me now.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

2-3 years maybe? **** I have a speeding warrant and no registration warrant right now!!! I know it's stupid but I'll get a lewyer for these. I have a daughter who I get on weekends so that's a no go for me now.
What county are the warrants in?? And yes you will need to get a lawyer.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

What county are the warrants in?? And yes you will need to get a lawyer.
Lol don't need legal advice, Dallas county.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Lol don't need legal advice, Dallas county.
I'm not going to give it lol If it was mesquite no big deal lol Dallas **** that get a lawer. lol
Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

I'm not going to give it lol If it was mesquite no big deal lol Dallas **** that get a lawer. lol
Lol I'd rather go to lew than mesquite, it sucks in mesquite jail, been numerous times and I hated it!! Not only that but Dallas gives 300$ a day!! Can't beat that.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

Lol I'd rather go to lew than mesquite, it sucks in mesquite jail, been numerous times and I hated it!! Not only that but Dallas gives 300$ a day!! Can't beat that.
lol Mesquite was nothing lol **** lew I don't care how much they pay per day.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

well, seeing as youre 17, you can always do ......teen court
Old 08-31-2010, 05:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by imlooking
you're screwed.
Agreed
Old 08-31-2010, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

well you will get points on your record now.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Just curious how I get rid of it? Never had a ticket before. It was for a 48 in a 30(school zone) and no proof of insurance but I don't think he wrote school zone on there. I can't believe I was going that fast since I barely romped on it but I am not complaining since I should have gotten 4 more tickets on top of that.

I should be able to take defensive driving right? I am 17 if age matters but it was under 20 over.

The cop was a pretty cool guy, I was pissed about something so I got sideways leaving the parking lot and barely tapped second leaving school. He saw everything but just got me for 18 over.

My friend said have it deferred or something. He has memorized the defensive driving questions so if I can do that it would be great. I don't mind paying a fine but I am proud of my driving record and don't want a ticket on there.
I got a ticket 5 months ago, waited 7 days and rolled in to the judge after work one day. Court goes till 9 here on Dairy Ashford. (look on your ticket it has a list of courthouses and what not, maybe not a choice since your in pearland, but houston has like 5) Judge made a point about how punctional I was since I was 2 weeks before I had to be there. Told her I didn't want it on my record, she asked if I had any tickets said nope, and she gave me 2 months to get my driving record from ausint (20 bucks) and take the online driving class (25) The online sucks because you can't skip through it. You have to sit and wait for the 6 hours of time, and also you can only miss a few questions or else you have to retake it, so make sure you pay attention.

Once your all done, have your papers go back down and give it all to the cashier and they will enter it and your done. Just don't get pulled over again in 6 months.

Only kicker for you is since your in a school zone you may get screwed. They are really cracking down and zero tolerance for school zone speeding. I was doing like 25 over on mine but on the hwy, police wrote me up for 5 over, my lucky day
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

>30mph....fucked

>15mph in school zone.....royally fucked.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tripps
>30mph....fucked

>15mph in school zone.....royally fucked.
yeah that's what I think, I think your gonna be hurting on this one cuz it's in a school zone, I'd go in asap, and be as nice and polite as possible to that judge and pray for a wing and a prayer. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket today