Got my first ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010 | 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There was a Houston cop at work and he said I may be fine. So I guess I will just have to pray and keep my fingers crossed.
Old 08-31-2010 | 06:39 PM
Launching!

just go in there on your date, say guilty and ask to speak to the prosecuiting attorney (cant spell). you can say no contest but if there was no wreck or someone who wants to sue you then it doesnt matter. ask for deffered. if they allow it, they will tell you 6 months no tickets and take defensive driving, i have taken DD 13 times in 6 years. and a clean driving record.
Old 08-31-2010 | 11:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I looked on the ticket and it only says "fines doubled" under construction but it is checked for the school zone. That would be my luck though. So do I just call the number and ask for defensive driving?

I don't mind paying a couple fees because it was entirely my fault, yet I don't it on my record because my insurance is enough as it is.

And Kp483, I think it had more to do with being *** end WOT around a turn haha. I don't know how true the stories about the motorcycle cops are but apparently I am very lucky. I left my windows down at school so my interior got wet and I was letting off some steam.
Yep I understand.. got off work somewhat in a pissy mood.. WoT to 75 then set cruise control.. to my surprise the cop i see everyday on my way to and from work sitting there on the other side of the overpass..
Old 09-01-2010 | 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

I got my first ticket right around this time in 1993. I pulled out of Sonic at night and drove for about 50' without my headlights on. I flipped them on and about 1 minute later, I was was being pulled over by a cop. The ******* gave me a ticket.

The next ticket I got was about a year later on my way to a car show for having tinted headlight covers on the car. I got this in broad daylight! Cops can be real ******** to 16 year old kids driving a car they wish they owned.
Old 09-01-2010 | 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by -Ross-
The next ticket I got was about a year later on my way to a car show for having tinted headlight covers on the car. I got this in broad daylight! Cops can be real ******** to 16 year old kids driving a car they wish they owned.
I didn't know that they made headlight covers for Oldsmobiles...
Old 09-01-2010 | 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

isn't it a buick?

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket today