Who's red 2010 SS? Full repaint

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some rainbow stripes would really set it off..

Car looks good now, the stripes are probably going to **** it up though.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Juicy J;13811375]Maybe he is a pimp. Am I the only one that has ever heard the saying, "green for the money, gold for the honey"?

But, the pimp thing to do is green paint and gold wheels. Nobody knows this?[/QUOTE

The Bishop?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

now i'm interested to see the results.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

Color does not look to bad but I think the stripes are going to mess it up. Will they be painted or just vinyl stripes?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by enigmah
I have seen plenty of green camaros..

Id drive it.
I would too.

I have one. Just an IOM and not Synergy Green like the one in the above picture.

The interior lighting in the New Camaro's look sweet. I love the new independent rear suspension, seats are comfy...it's a completely different car. The Clutch is as described (pogo stick) it takes getting used to. I love my '02 and the '11 for completely different reasons.

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
The shop doesn't even look dirty, idk what everyone is bitching about, the only thing I see in the picture are some tires leaning up against the wall. It only takes 1 average car to completely **** up a clean shop. Now once you get into the rusty *** cars where you have to sandblast and what not, the amount of trash generated from that one car is just insane. It's impossible to keep the whole shop clean at once so we just do sections at a time.

I know y'all aren't going to believe this but the car actually looks really good, a completely different green than what I had in my head.

Looks like the '69 color paint swatch. Owner of this car may know what he is doing. let it develop, I want to see the outcome as well.
I work about 2 blocks from this paint shop, maybe I should swing by during lunch and check it out in person.
HERE is a link to Gen III with the green/gold paint scheme. Looks pretty nice.

My grandmother had one like the one below.

Last edited by Blackfly; 09-02-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Banned

I dont know about the gold stipes, but the dark green is ten million times better than red. I think covering up red paint is the only reason to do a half assed paint job on a car, but I wouldnt even paint a $500 car without taking it apart and doing it right.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redneck2
I dont know about the gold stipes, but the dark green is ten million times better than red. I think covering up red paint is the only reason to do a half assed paint job on a car, but I wouldnt even paint a $500 car without taking it apart and doing it right.
Like I said it's all in what the owner wants to pay. I talked to a few other shops and they said it's the right way or no way at all. Most people don't have money for that so if you want to stay in buisiness, you do what you gotta do. You can't tell anyways.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This might just turn out acceptable. Not my style, but I can appreciate it.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

more pics
Old 09-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Like I said it's all in what the owner wants to pay. I talked to a few other shops and they said it's the right way or no way at all. Most people don't have money for that so if you want to stay in buisiness, you do what you gotta do. You can't tell anyways.
Unless the substandard repaint is put on the carfax report, there could be big problems. If the car gets sold and the second owner isnt informed that its a substandard repaint, then he can sue the shop and the cars former owner. Crap work like that gets other people scammed, thinking they bought a car with good paint.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DKM DWN
The Bishop?
He is the originator.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Unless the substandard repaint is put on the carfax report, there could be big problems. If the car gets sold and the second owner isnt informed that its a substandard repaint, then he can sue the shop and the cars former owner. Crap work like that gets other people scammed, thinking they bought a car with good paint.
Please tell me how someone is going to get sued over a paint job? It is not going to take a rocket scientist to know the car was re-painted when under the hood is red. The guy that owns it can do whatever he wants with it and the Paint & body shop is doing what they are being paid to do.

Insurance companies report to the Car Fax.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Drove by and saw, what looked like a, Mustang Fastback in the prep area. I could not see the camaro.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes there is a 72 or something mustang in the prep bay along with my Camaro up front. The 2010 looks friggen amazing though, you can't even tell it was repainted. I looked everywhere and the only sign is the shock towers but they are being painted black. Should have been a factory color for sure.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The paint is the exact same **** everyone else uses. Just because they didn't paint the floor pans and the insides of your fender or whatever doesn't mean the paint is going to peel off two weeks later.

Here is the car but it's really dusty and no light. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would like the car when I started this thread but I love it. It's done and ready to roll now, just need to lay the stripes on and that's it.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks sick!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSdreamz
i thought the kandy green ones were a "special" and only a 6 cyl??
It was for 2010. It's still a limited color for 2011 but it's available on the SS now.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im diggin the dark green, i always liked that dark highlander green that came on the 01 bullitt mustangs... def get some better pics up, i might try and stop by there tomorrow and see it in person, does your boss get mad if people just walk in the back where all the cars are parked?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just ask him and he'll let you. It doesn't look good though since it isn't wetsanded and buffed.

I'll get some more pics when it's completely done guys.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast