Issue Resolved With Andrew/Andres/Andy Lopez

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He owes me for the time I wasted following all this garbage.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Heat
lol Jimmy, you know your *** had nothing better to do at work then read through that entire thread.

Anyways, I need the old thread deleted by Friday... Thanks!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
lol Jimmy, you know your *** had nothing better to do at work then read through that entire thread.

Anyways, I need the old thread deleted by Friday... Thanks!
Can you really be held legally liable for a thread on a forum that you don't own? I would think that you couldn't but not an attorney either.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Can you really be held legally liable for a thread on a forum that you don't own? I would think that you couldn't but not an attorney either.
As long as I made an attempt to have it closed, then that's all that matters. From there on I can't control how long the mods take to close it... I brought this up with his lawyer. I made sure I was covered before posting this thread.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Banned

You could just delete the first post and the whole thread would go bye bye, just fyi.....
Old 09-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Banned

You could just delete the first post and the whole thread would go bye bye, just fyi.....
For once you're of value to this forum.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Ding ding ding... WRONG... Try again....
Old 09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Strini SS
Ding ding ding... WRONG... Try again....
Now im suing you for being a pain in my ***.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Launching!

sounds like the lawyer scared you into agreeing to this.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

I had to agree to this or else I wasn't going to get anything back.
dude, that is some motherfucking bullshit.

are your ***** tucked inside of your stomach !?!?

i've posted this in the other thread, but what in the siberian **** makes you think this cheese dick has a lawyer !?!?

guy is about to get kicked out of his shithole house and you think he's GOT A LAWYER !?!?!?

am i the ONLY one that thinks this !?!?

where is his lawyer employed !?!? where is his office !?!? can you go visit him if he gives you an address !?!? is he listed anywhere in the yellow pages !?!?!

his "lawyer" could be his 64 year old grandma that barely speaks english..........

this could be another epic thread where you get fucked TWICE !!!!!!

brb, throwing a bag of popcorn in the microwave.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Old 09-01-2010, 10:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Everything has been resolved. I have spoken to Andres' lawyer, and we have come to an agreement on what/when he is going to pay me on a legally binding contract. $500 today, $500 this coming Friday, and $1000 on October 1st for a total of $2200 (since he already paid me $200).

I want to thank Andres for doing the right thing and giving me at least some of the money back for everything he caused. Maybe he can salvage some sort of respect by having done this.

In the contract it states that I need the old thread deleted, so I have deleted it. Please do not post any threats, or insults in here, lets keep it clean.

Thanks for all the support. If you have any questions on this, please PM me.

He is still screwing you out of $800!!! I would make him pay you back $3500 for all your trouble. Your a nicer person than me to let him take you for $800.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Banned

I can't discuss details on here guys, sorry. People are watching, and I'm sure his lawyer has subscribed to this thread. I signed a contract, and not obeying it will result in a breach of contract thus me getting double fucked.

If you need to contact me about anything pertaining to this matter, and this matter only, just PM me...

BTW, I have deleted the other thread myself. Someone re-opened it for some reason. I've done my part, so beyond that it's not my ****.

And yes, I agree that I've been to nice on this matter. But I originally started the other thread with no intention of getting money back. Had I not started that thread, I'd still be suffering right now. As my dad always tells me "Todo se paga en esta vida" -- For you gringos... "Everything is paid for in this life". Can't be greedy guys.

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 09-01-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Banned

And oh yeah, I just bought COD and Madden '11 bitchezzz it's on like donkey kong. Add me: GT - I ROMOCOP I
Old 09-01-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't discuss details on here guys, sorry. People are watching, and I'm sure his lawyer has subscribed to this thread. I signed a contract, and not obeying it will result in a breach of contract thus me getting double fucked.

If you need to contact me about anything pertaining to this matter, and this matter only, just PM me...

BTW, I have deleted the other thread myself. Someone re-opened it for some reason. I've done my part, so beyond that it's not my ****.

And yes, I agree that I've been to nice on this matter. But I originally started the other thread with no intention of getting money back. Had I not started that thread, I'd still be suffering right now. As my dad always tells me "Todo se paga en esta vida" -- For you gringos... "Everything is paid for in this life". Can't be greedy guys.
your dad sounds just like my dad..... lol they must be from the same place. ja
Old 09-02-2010, 07:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Just FYI, but each of you is legally liable for your own posts, on any public forum. Do a search, many thousands of people have been sued for what they say on the internet. A lot of people shrug off this fact, thinking it can never happen to them. Don't be one of those people, it can cost you thousands.

Don't confuse it with this site not being liable for what you guys post, because the site isn't liable for other peoples actions. We become liable if we do not remove threads when asked, and those require a good reason first.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 AM
11 Second Club

I don't get or understand how you went from he owing you 3k to now you only get 2k. or how he went from only paying you 200 a week then to 200 in 2 weeks to now 5oo and then a grand. Doesn't make sense. Also someone that can't afford to pay you, but now can afford a lawyer? Lawyers are not cheap, even crappy lawyers cost money.

But regardless If your happy then rock on. His shop will fail because no one will go there. Idiots will but idiots will talk back too...

Good luck.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Domsz06
I don't get or understand how you went from he owing you 3k to now you only get 2k. or how he went from only paying you 200 a week then to 200 in 2 weeks to now 5oo and then a grand. Doesn't make sense. Also someone that can't afford to pay you, but now can afford a lawyer? Lawyers are not cheap, even crappy lawyers cost money.

But regardless If your happy then rock on. His shop will fail because no one will go there. Idiots will but idiots will talk back too...

Good luck.
Like I said, I can't post specific details on what happened, and what was said during our convo. But pretty much now I am GUARANTEED my money back, or else I can just take this paper to court as it's a legally binding contract. (I'm dumb for not taking up his offer to sign a contract for the 3K before getting a lawyer). Basically, the $2200 is what I could technically "prove" that he owed me. $684.80 I had paid myself in parts that I had ordered to have shipped directly to his house (we had an argument about how I couldn't know for sure that he actually installed those same parts I ordered and could have used my stock bolts and or gaskets. Now I am going to have to go back into the entire motor just to be on the safe side, and that's money coming out of my pocket now). I'm really lucky that I'm even getting any money back really, as I paid mostly everything in cash. Lesson learned there...

I'd rather know that for sure this guy is going to pay me back $2,200, rather than waiting till the 12th and every two weeks on his word to pay me back $3000, then being dicked around, and not being paid at all.

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 09-02-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good to hear it is being worked out, something is better than nothing...

I would not waste the money tearing everything down to look at it unless he is paying for it. If the motor is running good then leave it be, If anything get a leak down done... It is obvious you do not work on your car and it will be a wasted to pay someone $800.00 - $1,000.00 just to say "well we tore it apart so you need new gaskets and bolts anyways". Just have someone go over everything to ensure everything it bolted together correctly and move on.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Just FYI, but each of you is legally liable for your own posts, on any public forum. Do a search, many thousands of people have been sued for what they say on the internet. A lot of people shrug off this fact, thinking it can never happen to them. Don't be one of those people, it can cost you thousands.

Don't confuse it with this site not being liable for what you guys post, because the site isn't liable for other peoples actions. We become liable if we do not remove threads when asked, and those require a good reason first.
I understand we're liable for our words, but my point was that he was told to remove an entire thread - something we typically don't have control over and can only request be done. Thanks for clarifying