Supra with a real motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and speaking of consistentcy and lucky..

look how much custom work is being done to your car (which is BAD *** btw) but can you even be sure that it will hit 240 MPH...or run a decent 1/4 mile ET??

i can go buy any SUPRA and go straight to BOOSTLOGIC and buy their off the shelve products and have me a 240 MPH/ 7 second car with SW driving..LOL
Old 09-07-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RCC

As far as the mile cars, I wouldnt call any of the record setters consistent. Cars with that much power will make one or two runs and do something extraordinary and then blow up or break something.

but when it blows..i can go to a junk yard and buy a 2JZ block for a few hundreds and have another motor built cheap and be racing again...

can u say that??
Old 09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
RCC
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sc300
and speaking of consistentcy and lucky..

look how much custom work is being done to your car (which is BAD *** btw) but can you even be sure that it will hit 240 MPH...or run a decent 1/4 mile ET??

i can go buy any SUPRA and go straight to BOOSTLOGIC and buy their off the shelve products and have me a 240 MPH/ 7 second car with SW driving..LOL
Only time will tell, I know it will make the power to put up a number but I trying to do something never attempted with a vette. So yes you could do it with a supra somewhat easier as it has been done and then done again and just when you thought the supra combo was done someone did it again.

I have always been very impressed by what the supras were capable of, but I want to try something different. Like you said I could go buy supra order some off the shelf parts and do exactly what Im trying to do, to me thats not any fun, I want to do something different.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Stepping away from this war that's about to begin... Namely because I am leaving the office in 15 minutes! LOL!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I for one just want the engine out of the damn thing...LOL.
whatever dude..you wish this was your car....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEWBv...layer_embedded
Old 09-07-2010, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

whatever dude..you wish this was your car....
Kid has to be half redneck, and half asian. Mullet mobile, lol...
Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Sadly I think the BL Supra has been faster with a 2JZ (7.59 @ 189), stock suspension and a single tubro... Sucks that guy wasn't good/smart enough to do the same... Oh well still that is def. hauling some major ***!

are you really insulting NRE?

EDIT: or the chassis builder/setup?

Last edited by | Powered by Satan |; 09-07-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

and since you are aiming for the mile...up until the last MILE event..what kind of motor/set-up was winning that event?

sorry duy, but guess what kind of motor ISN'T holding the record anymore.

And it isn't taking it back either.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

the supra is going to be the guy that remembers how cool it was to win the high school championship in 1996, but forget that things change and others take over the game.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
sorry duy, but guess what kind of motor ISN'T holding the record anymore.

And it isn't taking it back either.

Do you want to put a friendly wager on it...

I will put my money on SW if he comes back with the supra, which I think he is...

The reason supras hasn't gone faster is because of the stock rear end with it's gear ratio...Tommy was reving all the way up to 10k......at 247 mph...

Let me ask ya again? How many of the fast guys are running a stock rear end again? Lol

I don't think SW is coming back with a stock rear this time....
Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

are you really insulting NRE?

EDIT: or the chassis builder/setup?

Not insulting them...but can u tell me how many wins they have and where they stand in the points in the adrl?
Old 09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
8 Second Club

Tyler do you just skip over post now a days?

And just an FYI SW will be back this year. They had some problems getting the car ready for the last mile. It will be hard though because IF UGR gets Jonah's car down the track it will be a force to be reckoned with...
Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

the supra is going to be the guy that remembers how cool it was to win the high school championship in 1996, but forget that things change and others take over the game.
I owned my first supra in 1989.... And been defending it since then...

Why should I stop now...the 2jz is still a force to be reckoned with...
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

i would take a closed deck 2jz over an LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6 and LS7 10 times outta 10.

that's just speaking on engines.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Do you want to put a friendly wager on it...

I will put my money on SW if he comes back with the supra, which I think he is...

The reason supras hasn't gone faster is because of the stock rear end with it's gear ratio...Tommy was reving all the way up to 10k......at 247 mph...

Let me ask ya again? How many of the fast guys are running a stock rear end again? Lol

I don't think SW is coming back with a stock rear this time....
At this point who gives a **** if a fast car has a stock rear end or not? At that stage in the game a stock rear end is more of a hindrance than a bragging point as proven by the same post that you bragged about it
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
At this point who gives a **** if a fast car has a stock rear end or not? At that stage in the game a stock rear end is more of a hindrance than a bragging point as proven by the same post that you bragged about it
Uh. That's the point I was trying to make. Look what they were to do with what was giving to them. Imagine what they can do if they went aftermarket like others....
Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Uh. That's the point I was trying to make. Look what they were to do with what was giving to them. Imagine what they can do if they went aftermarket like others....
My point was you were bragging about something that just a sentence before were bitchign about. Im sure with an aftermarket solution they will be even faster but bragging about putting down these numbers on a stock rear end is a mute point. No one cares that you have a stock rear end, only that it puts down the numbers.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll give cliffs.

Guy puts in a motor that has more potential power than the 2jz did (even though we know how great a motor is)

we clearly see it still needs chassis tuning, but all in all it runs a great number and this thread is all to see a interesting car.

you give props, yet insult the guy for clearly being "stupid" since he hasn't run the number BL has.....

but lately, you have been such a huge blow hard of BL, you ruin almost every thread now.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

and Duy, I'll be there this fall.

Loser buys a couple lap dances.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM
8 Second Club

I'll give cliffs.

Guy puts in a motor that has more potential power than the 2jz did (even though we know how great a motor is)

we clearly see it still needs chassis tuning, but all in all it runs a great number and this thread is all to see a interesting car.

you give props, yet insult the guy for clearly being "stupid" since he hasn't run the number BL has.....

but lately, you have been such a huge blow hard of BL, you ruin almost every thread now.
You missed the post apparently where I was told about the car by my brother and said that its actually bad *** now that I have the low down, but you obviously can't read now. Sad a UT Graduate that can't read a thread entirely. As far as BL I haven't mentioned **** lately other then about my car. If you considering talking about my OWN car I am sorry I have to bring it up when it's called into the question. But whatever. I really don't care what anyone really thinks.

Quick Reply: Supra with a real motor