Oil Leak= No Service?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my car use to have a leak, and I can tell you that you'll be wasting your time cleaning it, unless you do it right before the oil change, cuz it won't take long to come back. But if you're willing to spend the time cleaning it, why not just change your oil. Also I don't know how many miles are on your car, but you might wanna check on your crankcase ventilation, pcv valve and such, I've had rear main leaks on two different vehicles that were caused by to much crankcase pressure and I was able to easily fix both.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
I'm assuming your shop doesn't do MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of dollars a year. Ppl know NTB is easy to get over on so they go there and get **** done for FREE(not saying all ppl) and when your a shop that size, yeah you turn away work bc the dumbass driver will come back and say you never told them that something was wrong and then you end up buying them the motor they wanted you to replace in the first place.

How's that lame??

Also how can any of you guys say having someone else change your oil is Stupid?? $20 bucks and not getting a lick of oil or grease on you is not worth your time, give me a break. You can't even do a DIY oil change for that price. Then again, you get what you pay for...
I worked at NTB and I was saying that their policy was very vague...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irbs
We lose money on every $20 oil change we do at NTB. Its really just to keep the customers happy. Any car that we do not feel comfortable working on we can turn away. Once a cars leave the shop we are liable for it so we have to do what we can to cover our own *** because if there is an oil out the person who signed the ticket and double signed is getting fired on the spot.
There's a reason I keep going back and having my vehicle serviced by them. They make me happy and usually do a pretty stand up job of taking care of me and my vehicle. Up until now I've been please, but now I'm pretty disappointed.
Originally Posted by Cowboy97
Well my car use to have a leak, and I can tell you that you'll be wasting your time cleaning it, unless you do it right before the oil change, cuz it won't take long to come back. But if you're willing to spend the time cleaning it, why not just change your oil. Also I don't know how many miles are on your car, but you might wanna check on your crankcase ventilation, pcv valve and such, I've had rear main leaks on two different vehicles that were caused by to much crankcase pressure and I was able to easily fix both.
It's always been the $700 repair bill that's kept me from having it done. I've got over 150k miles on this car. I've replaced the PCV valve last year.
I think it's just due time that this car start springing leaks, and me start replacing ****.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
There's a reason I keep going back and having my vehicle serviced by them. They make me happy and usually do a pretty stand up job of taking care of me and my vehicle. Up until now I've been please, but now I'm pretty disappointed.

It's always been the $700 repair bill that's kept me from having it done. I've got over 150k miles on this car. I've replaced the PCV valve last year.
I think it's just due time that this car start springing leaks, and me start replacing ****.
Man you just have to understand that if your motor takes a **** cause it doesn't have oil in it and we did the oil change it makes us liable. It's not that they don't want your business it's just that we can get fired if there is an oil out.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irbs
Man you just have to understand that if your motor takes a **** cause it doesn't have oil in it and we did the oil change it makes us liable. It's not that they don't want your business it's just that we can get fired if there is an oil out.
I understand. I honestly wasn't aware that the shop would be held liable for something like that. Makes sense though.
On the same hand, if they want my continued business they should work with me to bring the car up to their standards.
Expecting me to pay $700+ for a $6 part is a bit ridiculous. Wouldn't you agree?