Court says TX plates must be on front bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God i'm glad i don't live in a 2 plate state. i think the plate holder for the 93-97 fbodies is now discontinued from GM so i would think that would be a legitimate excuse for not having it mounted there?
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front plates are all kinds of fail. What ever happened to that petition that everyone and their mom signed a while back to have this law dropped?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I drove by a trooper that alread had another car pulled over when he busted a u-turn and pulled me over. Told me he was pulling me over for no front LP.

Asked me if I'd ever had a warning for it before, I told him no. He gave me a warning and said "If you had had a warning before, I would have to write you a ticket" then sent me on my way.

Do warnings show up when they pull your DL up or no?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obseSSed
I drove by a trooper that alread had another car pulled over when he busted a u-turn and pulled me over. Told me he was pulling me over for no front LP.

Asked me if I'd ever had a warning for it before, I told him no. He gave me a warning and said "If you had had a warning before, I would have to write you a ticket" then sent me on my way.

I'm pretty sure they don't because I have recieved multiple warnings for dark tint and no front license plate.

As for this foolish law...I refuse to put a front plate on any vehicle that wasn't designed for it.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

I got a similar "warning" for having a license plate bracket that covered up the bottom part of the plate. Talk about an even more senseless law!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's new, thats always been a law.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

i never used to think so but i think they do. talked to a lady who had gotten a ticket for no front plate because she had already been warned 3 months before.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

How retarded, everyone knows that cocaine is measured in kilos not pounds...
Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
i never used to think so but i think they do. talked to a lady who had gotten a ticket for no front plate because she had already been warned 3 months before.
YEP, they sure do in Tx.I drove by a DPS who was finishing up with another car which he had stopped he pulled out behind me siowiy pulled up behind (2-3 miles before he pulled up) we were out in the county on a fm road, the first thing when he walked up from behind "Texas law requires two plates and you have only one" he never looked at the front,he ran my lic. came back and stated " you were stopped and warned on I 10 in east HOUSTON in this same car for no front plate 23 months ago and I will assure you if you are stopped in this car for same problem a third time by Tx DPS, you will be written , have a good day"
just be fore warned
Johnny
Old 09-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Randy_S
How retarded, everyone knows that cocaine is measured in kilos not pounds...
because one killo is 2.2lbs an it was half a pound so u cant exactly say it was a killo u might could get away saying a quarter key.
As for front LP ive never had one and in laporte ive received two tickets in the 2 years ive owned the truck and they never once said a thing about my 5% tint an my camaro has no front LP cause they look like dog ****
Old 09-18-2010, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Front plates are all kinds of fail. What ever happened to that petition that everyone and their mom signed a while back to have this law dropped?
lol @ trying to change the law with some random on line petition.........