Pacquiao vs margarito :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Manny is a small guy compared to Margarito, even compared to Mayweather.This will not be an easy win for Manny. It's simple he just doesn't have the reach to fight these taller guys. Margarito still has to respect Manny's power if he manages to land a power shot. Speed is not gonna help Pac as much as it does with the shorter opponents. It will be interesting.
Manny was the smaller guy when he fight dela hoya,de la hoya is 5ft 10,longer reach,bigger than manny,did Manny had problem because of his size?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ws6toto
Manny was the smaller guy when he fight dela hoya,de la hoya is 5ft 10,longer reach,bigger than manny,did Manny had problem because of his size?
So Manny beat a washed up Delahoya big deal. Everybody and their grandma beat Delahoya towards the end of his career, beating Delahoya was nothing to brag about at that time.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

So Manny beat a washed up Delahoya big deal. Everybody and their grandma beat Delahoya towards the end of his career, beating Delahoya was nothing to brag about at that time.
The type of beating pacquiao gave delahoya nobody expected,thats a testament to his greatness.pac was a heavy underdog coming to that fight.i dont care what they say about delahoya being dehydrated and washed up,what i saw that night was a great little man pummeling a good giant.it was a wrong match up for delahoya,we all knew he could not handle a southpaw much more a great southpaw.before delahoya fought pac,he outclassed a durable stevie forbes and almost beat mayweather.thats why i dont buy any of those crap why delahoya lost.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Teching In

I can't see Margarito giving Pacquiao much of a challenge. The only thing he has going for him in this fight is his chin.

1) He's slowwwww
2) defense is poor
3) offense is predictable, like Kelly Pavlik's
4) no one punch knock out power

After seeing what Shane Mosely did to Margarito I can't imagine the Pacquiao fight ending in any other way. Pacquiao is going to overwhelm him, he's too fast and too active. You can also look at their common opponents. Clottey gave Margarito fits!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Launching!

The type of beating pacquiao gave delahoya nobody expected,thats a testament to his greatness.pac was a heavy underdog coming to that fight.i dont care what they say about delahoya being dehydrated and washed up,what i saw that night was a great little man pummeling a good giant.it was a wrong match up for delahoya,we all knew he could not handle a southpaw much more a great southpaw.before delahoya fought pac,he outclassed a durable stevie forbes and almost beat mayweather.thats why i dont buy any of those crap why delahoya lost.
Ok i respect your opinion, but we will soon see. If i win then if you ever come to Houston you owe me a beer big dog! lol!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then he dropped hatton in the 2nd round, then destroyed Cotto who i thought was gonna be his toughest match, and then fought clottey who was a punching bag for manny.

Manny is always the smaller guy no matter who he fights. He is not gonna be dumb like Juan marquez fighting waaaay out his weight class and getting dominated by mayweather or drain himself like oscar did. He moves up just enough to make sure hes not gonna be at a total disadvantage. Hes already giving up height and size. If you cant beat manny with a huge size advantage than that tells you he is really that good.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Then he dropped hatton in the 2nd round, then destroyed Cotto who i thought was gonna be his toughest match, and then fought clottey who was a punching bag for manny.

Manny is always the smaller guy no matter who he fights. He is not gonna be dumb like Juan marquez fighting waaaay out his weight class and getting dominated by mayweather or drain himself like oscar did. He moves up just enough to make sure hes not gonna be at a total disadvantage. Hes already giving up height and size. If you cant beat manny with a huge size advantage than that tells you he is really that good.
No i agree Manny is a great fighter , but Margarito would kill Delahoya has beaten cotto and would be a better fight for Mayweather than Manny. Manny is just too little for these bigger fighters ,you will see. I look forward to the Margarito -Mayweather fight! but then anything can happen and I like Manny more than Margarito. We saw what Mayweather did to Marquez who gave Manny a run for his money. They are too little hence the Mayweather marquez fight.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Pacman in 6 anything over would be a surprise to me, margarito is slow, no punching power, no defense, and just comes foward it will be any easy fight for Pacman.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Ok i respect your opinion, but we will soon see. If i win then if you ever come to Houston you owe me a beer big dog! lol!
alright if i win and u came to dfw u owe me a beer to big dog
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Launching!

alright if i win and u came to dfw u owe me a beer to big dog
You got it!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

No i agree Manny is a great fighter , but Margarito would kill Delahoya has beaten cotto and would be a better fight for Mayweather than Manny. Manny is just too little for these bigger fighters ,you will see. I look forward to the Margarito -Mayweather fight! but then anything can happen and I like Manny more than Margarito. We saw what Mayweather did to Marquez who gave Manny a run for his money. They are too little hence the Mayweather marquez fight.

Im curious how the cotto and margo fight would have turned out if margarito gloves werent loaded. Cotto was clearly beating margarito.idont know if the toll of those gloves started to kick in.

Im curious to see what would have happend if mayweather and Juan Marquez fought at his normal weight between 130-135 i think is his actual weight and the weight that him and manny fought. Thats why Brian Kenny @ ESPN made fun of mayweather during an interview and said good luck to fighting the smaller guy..LOL.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Im curious how the cotto and margo fight would have turned out if margarito gloves werent loaded. Cotto was clearly beating margarito.idont know if the toll of those gloves started to kick in.

Im curious to see what would have happend if mayweather and Juan Marquez fought at his normal weight between 130-135 i think is his actual weight and the weight that him and manny fought. That"s why Brian Kenny @ ESPN made fun of mayweather during an interview and said good luck to fighting the smaller guy..LOL.
How can I say this without getting i trouble it was never a question of weight it was a question of reach.

Last edited by kennyxg; 10-02-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

the 24/7 is gna be interesting of these two fighters training and getting for the fight
Old 10-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Teching In

On that 24-7,sounds like Freddy's coming up with excuses, he don't seem so sure about this fight, sorry pacman fans but he's gonna get a beat down!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

^^^yuuup im thinking the same...margarito is looking strong, pac is gna get a beat down..fight is this weekend
Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

i keep hearing that manny did not have a good training camp. so yeah, margarito can pull off an upset. so if he beats manny, how does that make floyd mayweather look who keeps insisting on blood tests and accuses manny of PED?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
^^^yuuup im thinking the same...margarito is looking strong, pac is gna get a beat down..fight is this weekend

X3

when ur trainer has to use double padding you know the heffer is packing a punch. Sorry pac man fans
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

its gna be a long night for pacman..i think margarito gots a good chance on knocking out poor manny
Old 11-11-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

F'in boss texts me yesterday that he has tix for this in the Bank of America suite. I was like WTF dude, where's mine?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Teching In

I'm so sure Margarito gots this fight, I'm willing to put up the title!! Anyone wanna bet????

Quick Reply: Pacquiao vs margarito :)