How would you like to have this job? Crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would feel a lot safer if i had a parachute! lol
Old 09-29-2010, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

screw that, even if i had a chute and could jump off id hate to snag a support cable on the way down lol guys are crazy
Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tata
Really not to bad, only part I say **** that at is when they skimp on using the harness and I better be wearing a chute over my harness cause I sure as hell aint climbing down that thing.
Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
I am going to say that is not in the US. Here you have two lanyards and you alternate as you go up so you are tied off 100% of the time. If that is here those guys are dumb because that is no different than committing a crime and taping it.
Originally Posted by Inspector12
It said OSHA does allow for free climbing so I am going to say this is in the US ha ha ha.
Originally Posted by Domsz06
I really don't think that is in the US, OSHA is so strict, they really let them do that? I don't buy it...

Pretty cool though.!
Originally Posted by CAMARO_THUNDER
I climb towers every once in awhile for my dads company.
The original video was posted weeks ago and yanked because the guy committed 27 OSHA violations (reason the other face is blurred now upon repost I assume)and is completely dumb for hooking up to the lightning rod. Does he not know that the metal becomes weaker each time it is struck by lightning?
This was actually climbed here locally.. it is the towers for one of the local TV stations.. I am not going to say which one, as what was mentioned earlier about the OSHA violation. But for those that thought this was an illegal climb. it is well within OSHA guidelines for a climb on a tower.. a buddy of mine works with the guy that violated the OSHA rule.. said that they posted the video up once, and took it back down when they realized what happened, and edited out some of the video. ( I do not know the guys personally that climbed).

The way they explained it was, they take an elevator up some of the way, and then they have to climb.. OSHA allows them to free climb, as it was explained to me because it would take them all day to climb and hook the entire way. I too thought it was in violation. But if it was I dont think the dude would have posted the vid for all the world to see. From what he was telling me, they make pretty good money... not sure its enough to get me up that high climbing..