What is wrong with UT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tripps
t-shirt fans.
That or VERY fair-weather fans....there is a difference! Tech doesn't have many t-shirt fans, but we have a TON of fair-weather fans....which annoys the ever living **** out of me If we're winning by a ton, they leave early...if we're losing by more than touchdown, they leave early.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Burnt Orange is not the only color in texas. UT sucks.

I'm glad they're getting their assess handed to them because their arrogance is ridiculous.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 00fastta

I'm glad they're getting their assess handed to them because their arrogance is ridiculous.

don't be butt hurt.

we'll turn this season around... per usual we'll continue picking out the studs and continuing our tradition of 10+ wins a season.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
don't be butt hurt.

we'll turn this season around... per usual we'll continue picking out the studs and continuing our tradition of 10+ wins a season.
+1

University of Texas

And we haven't lost a home game since McCoy was a sophomore. Hopefully Gilbert will do the same.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tripps
t-shirt fans.

oh i know man, and having the "Texas" name and being consistently the best in the state, we pick up the most
Old 09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I'm sure you are all going to be the best in the state...You dropped how many spots on the polls today? from 7 to 21? Good luck going to the championship with that.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

lel, good luck getting to a championship TCU.

Talk about the team the cries that most about wanting a bcs bid yet ***** their pants when they get there...

We'll check back in @ the end of the season and see who ends where.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If TCU is serious about getting into the championship game they should join the Big XII. I would be for that. Maybe we can see if UH wants in too, for more of the Southwest teams to be together again.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

lel, good luck getting to a championship TCU.

Talk about the team the cries that most about wanting a bcs bid yet ***** their pants when they get there...

We'll check back in @ the end of the season and see who ends where.
Not the point. TCU won't get to a championship because they are playing like children right now.

Point is UT is arrogant and they need a reality check.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Launching!

always love a texas loss

next best thing to an aggie win
Old 09-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by khaos288
always love a texas loss

... But neither one of those happen very often do they? Haha

I'm a Horns fan to the core and we need to get our **** together, cause we are better than this! Win or loss, Hook Em! (and fire GD)
Old 09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by khaos288
always love a texas loss

good thing these happen rarely.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

I enjoy nothing more than watching UT lose. A lot of my friends and people that I work for went there. You're almost a second class citizen to some of them if you went to another school in Texas.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good thing these happen rarely.
The nice thing about this loss was it finally showed the nation how OVERATED TU has always been. I will give it to you that the Championship team of 05 was a hell of a squad and definately deserved to be there. However, to say you deserve to be there now is streching it and that you will get back to being a 10+ win team is funny as the BIG12 has been a constant embarrasment on the national stage in the past 5 years and you don't have Vince anymore.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol, you're just hating because your team hasn't performed.

us being in the national championship game last year was no fluke. Us winning the fiesta bowl with "cart mccoy" wasn't a joke either.

We get the top kids from the state, we will continue to be a force in the big xii and after the big xii.

Last edited by | Powered by Satan |; 09-28-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

Purple isn't any better.

don't be butt hurt.

I wish UT the best, but they won't win 10 wins this year. Will be the first time in years, (10 years to be exact in 2000 they were 9-3) They lost last week, then play OU (good chance to beat em) then they play Nebraska at Lincoln, damn hard place to play. Then there are all kinds of possibles, I mean KSU at home, and KSU has had their number, OSU an Austin, and then don't forget the aggies....

If UT can pull off a 10 win season this year I'll be impressed...

Yeah I'm sure you are all going to be the best in the state...You dropped how many spots on the polls today? from 7 to 21? Good luck going to the championship with that.
UT won't be going to a championship, they know that. That drop was the second worst drop in history behind Michigan when they went from ranked to not by loosing to the 1-AA team.

Originally Posted by HAZ-Matt
If TCU is serious about getting into the championship game they should join the Big XII. I would be for that. Maybe we can see if UH wants in too, for more of the Southwest teams to be together again.
Big 12 doesn't want TCU in it as they don't have enough to bring to the entire picture. TCU tried to buy their way in, but Big 12 didn't want it.

Originally Posted by k_dub09
... But neither one of those happen very often do they? Haha

I'm a Horns fan to the core and we need to get our **** together, cause we are better than this! Win or loss, Hook Em! (and fire GD)
Glad you support them and also glad your not a fair weather fan, those fans **** me off.

Originally Posted by DAVE00
The nice thing about this loss was it finally showed the nation how OVERATED TU has always been. I will give it to you that the Championship team of 05 was a hell of a squad and definately deserved to be there. However, to say you deserve to be there now is streching it and that you will get back to being a 10+ win team is funny as the BIG12 has been a constant embarrasment on the national stage in the past 5 years and you don't have Vince anymore.
UT has not been overated this last 5 years. If you look back and think about it,or for you go google it because you have no clue what your talking about the last 5 years have been some DOMINATING years for college football. There have been 5-10 teams every year that could be playing for the BCS game. It just so happens that UT plays in one of the hardest conferences day in and day out. Any given Sat a big 12 team can beat the other one. They get some of the best recruits in the Nation. Why the hell else do you think every other conf recruits out of TX?

Your obvisously a SEC or Pac 10 supporter and blah blah blah, this last few years your good, watch the next few it will be someone else. Take off your sunglasses and read some stats.

lol, you're just hating because your team hasn't performed.

us being in the national championship game last year was no fluke. Us winning the fiesta bowl with "cart mccoy" wasn't a joke either.

We get the top kids from the state, we will continue to be a force in the big xii and after the big xii.
UT will be a force long to come, as will OU, SC, Bama, Penn state etc. There are power houses of football and they will always dominate. Kids want to come to these schools from birth and lots will even give up rides to other schools with a chance to walk on and earn a ride to that school. People that work for something want it worse and perform better.

Bejesus, did I just write all this to support UT fans? WTF was I doing....
Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

So if TCU doesn't bring in enough what does Baylor bring in? TCU would bring in a lot more than Baylor. Hell they should be an embarrassment to the big xii.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TCU will join the big12 very soon.

When A&M, Texas, TexTech, OU, and OSU leave.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

So if TCU doesn't bring in enough what does Baylor bring in? TCU would bring in a lot more than Baylor. Hell they should be an embarrassment to the big xii.
what does TCU have besides football?

Baylor has the medical school, golf, tennis, womens basketball, mens basketball, baseball, and better acdemics....
Old 09-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Domsz06
what does TCU have besides football?

Baylor has the medical school, golf, tennis, womens basketball, mens basketball, baseball, and better acdemics....
None of which bring in nearly as much revenue to the conference as TCU football could. Im not a TCU or big 12 fan but i think your reasoning is way off on why they dont want TCU. TCU scares teams, namely big money teams who want the easiest route to a bowl game. No one wants to play TCU for there N.C.G. because no one wants to risk there BCS bids by playing them. Ask Oregon State. It has always been about the money.