Can I beat this guy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
putting in a clutch and taking it to the track the same day?
Who said I was going to the track? I'm just gonna go to Mexico like everyone else on Tech.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could tell you if it was a built K20A2 in that car, with tires it would run low 12's all day long. I have seen some all motor K20 builds in the low 300whp range with about the same torque. And in a gutted hatch that weighs ~2400lbs... that would be a very quick combo.

That being said, most guys on the streets with swapped stuff do NOT slick their cars since they mainly break axles, but if you get one that knows how to drive, you will be in for a wild goose chase cause at about 90+ it will start pulling hard.

FWIW- I have had a K20 Turbo EG hatch that put down 480whp on 91 and have had a 500whp ws6 all motor, I am not biased against either but hooking up in the civic was like... me hooking up with Alessandra.... nottttt likely.

Goodluck on the race, get to it an let us know if he was just a bench racer or really had a built K swapped hatch.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

:tardredneck:
Old 10-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
All I can advice is: Watch out for v-tech kicking in......
Old 10-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99SSinOC
I could tell you if it was a built K20A2 in that car, with tires it would run low 12's all day long. I have seen some all motor K20 builds in the low 300whp range with about the same torque. And in a gutted hatch that weighs ~2400lbs... that would be a very quick combo.

That being said, most guys on the streets with swapped stuff do NOT slick their cars since they mainly break axles, but if you get one that knows how to drive, you will be in for a wild goose chase cause at about 90+ it will start pulling hard.

FWIW- I have had a K20 Turbo EG hatch that put down 480whp on 91 and have had a 500whp ws6 all motor, I am not biased against either but hooking up in the civic was like... me hooking up with Alessandra.... nottttt likely.

Goodluck on the race, get to it an let us know if he was just a bench racer or really had a built K swapped hatch.
Awesome info. Thank you very much. I do know this guy and I'm betting on the side of, bench racer. He has seemed to have quit responding with my wall-to-wall. I don't see this being followed through now like he said.

I am very surprised with the numbers you just spit out. And if he is like any of the ricers that I've raced, he'll just squeel the tires off the line and give up before it starts getting good.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Honestly im gonna say be careful with this civic lol. K20s are no joke even all motor. I've seen crx with a gsr motor with head and vtec cams n cut out hit the high 11s mark lmao. If he doesn't win im sure it will be very very close if he's a good driver. Don't get to cocky is all im saying
Old 10-02-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mine was a slow one out of PFI... there have been some nasty street imports that came out of that shop that my buddy Jeff built..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W75XxugnH7I
Old 10-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Launching!

I'll be cautious. I know this guy from a while back and we're just betting a 12 pack of beer lol. At the very least it'll be a learning experience, but I doubt his car is what y'all are imagining in your head. We'll find out tho.

Oh and he started responding. He said he's gonna show up in slicks. I asked if he thought his axles were ok with that lol. Just to get him scared. If he was smart, he'd ask about my factory 10 bolt. lol.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
putting in a clutch and taking it to the track the same day?
Jason's clutches have been track tested by alot of us now and have been taken to the trak after being installed the same day. Diamond clutches are the ****! They will take any clutch dump you can throw at them and yes, we are on slicks. I have the stage 3 setup as do many of my friends and I can say that we beat on them daily and they don't skip a beat.
Diamond ftmfw!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Launching!

Mine was a slow one out of PFI... there have been some nasty street imports that came out of that shop that my buddy Jeff built..

http://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=W75XxugnH7I
All I can say to that is "OUCHIE..." lol I hope that's not what he's gonna show up with
Old 10-02-2010, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Jason just built my buddies z06 trans and threw in a diamond clutch as well.. Legit and stand up dude. Car runs great btw.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
Jason's clutches have been track tested by alot of us now and have been taken to the trak after being installed the same day. Diamond clutches are the ****! They will take any clutch dump you can throw at them and yes, we are on slicks. I have the stage 3 setup as do many of my friends and I can say that we beat on them daily and they don't skip a beat.
Diamond ftmfw!

Just always did a few hundred miles on the spec and twin disks clutches that I have run. Never used a Diamond, but thanks for the info.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:44 AM
TECH Resident

Jason just built my buddies z06 trans and threw in a diamond clutch as well.. Legit and stand up dude. Car runs great btw.
Yeah, his stage 2 is rated at 600 hp. Alot of other stage 2 setups can't match that. They need a stage 4 to do what a diamond stage can do.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Jason is hands down the best guy I've dealt with in the f-bod community. I'm really hoping his clutch will hold up like all y'all are saying. I got a stage 2. He even had my back before I had chance to install the clutch. (long story)

When I called him looking for a throw out bearing, he won me over with his clutches vs. Centerforce. It was only a 30hp difference, but he was way more friendly and informative than the sales at centerforce. Not to mention his shop is just a hop, skip and a jump from where I live.

dgcustomz: You should sell me back my old SS hood for like $20 lol. I'm really tired of the old boring Z/28 hood. You still got that thing?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
Jason is hands down the best guy I've dealt with in the f-bod community. I'm really hoping his clutch will hold up like all y'all are saying. I got a stage 2. He even had my back before I had chance to install the clutch. (long story)

dgcustomz: You should sell me back my old SS hood for like $20 lol. I'm really tired of the old boring Z/28 hood. You still got that thing?
lol.. I ended up buying a rolled over ss roller for $200 bucks in oklahoma with a good hood and kept that one. I had a friend dynaglass your old hood and sold it for a good profit! you could never tell it was damaged. I did let the buyer know about it and when he looked it over he asked me "where"?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

lol.. I ended up buying a rolled over ss roller for $200 bucks in oklahoma with a good hood and kept that one. I had a friend dynaglass your old hood and sold it for a good profit! you could never tell it was damaged. I did let the buyer know about it and when he looked it over he asked me "where"?
PM sent.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

I am also rollin a 00' ws6 now. forged 347-trex cam-fast92/92-built 6speed-tdp stage 3 clutch & billet flywheel-and everybolt on there is. It will be at SQR on tuesday for a new tune.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Launching!

If you still got my number, give me a call when you're there. I'd like to come see it. I work like 3 miles away. I'm off at 5pm m-f. And I'd like to buy some useless parts off you for my gf's firebird.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am also rollin a 00' ws6 now. forged 347-trex cam-fast92/92-built 6speed-tdp stage 3 clutch & billet flywheel-and everybolt on there is. It will be at SQR on tuesday for a new tune.

Oh yea!~ Im rolling a 13.9 supercharged over priced piece of ****... what you got now!? =(. This thing sucks. T>Rover+Wife for old early 20's life...
Old 10-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Launching!

Oh yea!~ Im rolling a 13.9 supercharged over priced piece of ****... what you got now!? =(. This thing sucks. T>Rover+Wife for old early 20's life...
I don't even know how to follow this right now...