Another - Stay the Hell away from ARD

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it grenaded the stock diff, who'd have thought with a 468 LSX and nitrous you might be needing a bit more than the stock IRS?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Yeah it grenaded the stock diff, who'd have thought with a 468 LSX and nitrous you might be needing a bit more than the stock IRS?
That's only because no customers have brought in their own Ford 9" to be installed
Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
That's only because no customers have brought in their own Ford 9" to be installed
That's messed up....lol
Old 10-09-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ZING lol
Old 10-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Oh yeah my turn finally!!!!! I have not been on here for a few months now b/c I've been so busy at work but here is my experience with Ard after spending over 8K cash at the same time for a stage three transmission,cam kit, and exhaust.
12/23/07 towed my 98 SS in to ARD for a transmission rebuild for 3400 this is including a 3200 stall. Ok about three weeks later my car was ready, I picked it up and about 300 miles later my transmission completely burned out less than a week later on a Sunday. I called and they picked it up Monday, About another 2 weeks it was rebuilt under warranty and I picked it up. This time it lasted about 3 weeks and I lost third and fourth again. They picked it up and again covered it under warranty, this time they assured me it was fixed (this is on a stock motor with stock exhaust) Owen persuaded me into a cam kit, tune and exhaust which I went with. I left the car and had them do the mods and picked it up about a month later (b/c I drive trucks and work several weeks at a time). When I picked the car up my ice cold a/c blew hot air, the car could not idle without shutting off and ran like straight ****! They tried time after time to tune it but the car ran like total crap with no a/c (oh on a mild 228/228 116 lsa cam) not the largest in the world i thought lol. Long story short i was fed up and told them to just put it back STOCK . Jay wanted to charge me for this which I thought was absurd and I let him know. It was put back stock and ran fine, I had to pay to have my a/c recharged and my seatbelt holder deal replaced that they broke. My transmission went out again (time # 4) if your counting and they repaired it, while in the process they broke the starter while removing the trans and charged me 150 for a premium starter, I paid it and the car got totalled out about three months later. I bought it back from the ins company and sold my buddy on here the drive line only for him to have the tranny go out again a week after putting in his ride, when he had a real transmission shop look at it it was a junk transmission with a STOCK TORQUE CONVERTOR painted white!!! ARD totally sucks *** and they will take your money and not perform! Jay is a great guy who really tries to look out for the customers but Owen is not cool or knows what he's doing. In essence they kept my old 228 cam and did not refund any of my money after downsizing cams to stock. Stay away Please unless you're in the mood to thow away a couple of thousand bucks
Old 10-09-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
Jay is a great guy who really tries to look out for the customers but Owen is not cool or knows what he's doing.
FWIW, Jay is the one that built my car and cut it to pieces, he is also the one that hacked up my perfectly good Painless harness. He is also the guy that claimed he couldn't get my gauge cluster to work...in reality he never wired them in. He is also the guy that claimed he wanted to buy my firebird chassis, had the car towed to the shop, and then never paid, forcing me to pay a wrecker to go get it.

Jay is a liar and a thief, he knew I asked for and paid for a rebuilt LQ9 but gave me a stock longblock mid-mileage LQ4 anyway. He also knew I was against having the C-section done on my trunk to replace the pump, he did it anyway.

He also gave my father a very shoddy rebuilt 10 bolt which went out not but 3 months later, and they refused to warranty it, that was after Jay burnt up 3 sets of brakes claiming "I just don't know what's wrong with it.".

Don't let his friendly attitude convince you he is a genuine guy, he is just Owen's crony that does his bidding and throws on a smile to get customers to let them rape and pillage their cars and wallets.

All in all they stole about 13k worth from us, and I think anything they get they had coming a LONG time ago from the sounds of it.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So how is this place still in business???
Old 10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Because they haven't had some one drag their name through court yet. Wish I could have, but after losing that kinda cash, hard to spend that or more on court lol
Old 10-10-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

why hasent someone jsut burned it down yet?
Old 10-10-2010, 02:48 PM
12 Second Truck Club

whats funny is none of them have tried to come in here and defend themselves, hahahaha, fkn losers. they know they are pieces of **** deep inside.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
whats funny is none of them have tried to come in here and defend themselves, hahahaha, fkn losers. they know they are pieces of **** deep inside.
lmao i talked to the driver briefly in the staging lanes,(silver 2010,big lsx,pray,auto).

me:nice car man
him:thanks

me:do u ever get on ls1tech
him:no i dont get on there much

probly dosnt come on here cause every knows how there shop really is,but seriously with all this bad press how do they stay in business?is it that easy to run a business,when you do shitty and shady things?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Launching!

I wonder if everyone that has had these encounters with them could all go in for a class action law suite (sp)
Old 10-10-2010, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JUISSD
So how is this place still in business???
uneducated rednecks and retards are plentiful in Houston.

as long as those people are around, ARD will continue to get their business.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FastB
I wonder if everyone that has had these encounters with them could all go in for a class action law suite (sp)
Now there's a thought...
Old 10-16-2010, 02:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SStriker
If I would of known that the transmission was out of warranty and they were going to charge that much – I would have taken it to a better shop…
You could have saved a lot of time and possibly money if you would have asked a question about that very important detail right up front.

Then again, if the shop did a horrible job the first time and it was still under warranty, i would still have gone to a shop with better rep.

Not trying to be a dick by any means, im just saying.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Advanced Racing Disasters? Another Retarded Design?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gringo dfw
You could have saved a lot of time and possibly money if you would have asked a question about that very important detail right up front.

Then again, if the shop did a horrible job the first time and it was still under warranty, i would still have gone to a shop with better rep.

Not trying to be a dick by any means, im just saying.
Correct but the shop should have called with their findings and gave him the price over the phone...
Old 10-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gringo dfw
I don't think that would have helped to be honest. I just know how Owen does business and he would have skirted the topic. It would have been "Oh, just let me look at it and I'll take care of you" and he would have still charged him.

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Correct but the shop should have called with their findings and gave him the price over the phone...
^this
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
I don't think that would have helped to be honest. I just know how Owen does business and he would have skirted the topic. It would have been "Oh, just let me look at it and I'll take care of you" and he would have still charged him.

^this

BINGO........I asked every time I talked to them and Jay was always "let me talk to Owen and I will let you know" Every Time...
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

**** man, Owen needs to get on here so he can get bashed...err..i mean defend himself.

Quick Reply: Another - Stay the Hell away from ARD