Houston Astros

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
You make reference to the 220 million dollar payroll the Yankees have which is high, but they are the Yankees and can do that.

For everybodies sake pulling for the Rangers, they better hope they do it this year, b/c after this season Cliff Lee will be apart of the Evil Empire's payroll. I don't see Nolan Ryan putting a higher offer together, but it would be nice.
Money does have such a way of controlling people but I wouldnt be so sure that Cliff would sign with the Yanks. No telling what he will decided untill this post season is over as long as we keep winning in the post season it brings more revenue to our salary for next year.

Yankees are an empire. Either you love them or hate them. I think pedro martinez said it best when he referred to Yankees as there daddy and defeating the evil empire when they finally conquered the yankee empire coming back from a 3-0 deficit in 04 when he was in boston.

Ross I am glad you said you are done here. Simple mind.......
Old 10-19-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Money does have such a way of controlling people but I wouldnt be so sure that Cliff would sign with the Yanks. No telling what he will decided untill this post season is over as long as we keep winning in the post season it brings more revenue to our salary for next year.

Yankees are an empire. Either you love them or hate them. I think pedro martinez said it best when he referred to Yankees as there daddy and defeating the evil empire when they finally conquered the yankee empire coming back from a 3-0 deficit in 04 when he was in boston.

Ross I am glad you said you are done here. Simple mind.......
Old 10-19-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

I came in here to throw some support out for the Rangers. This may be our only chance to get a title.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

GO RANGERS! they put a ****** on the yanks last night, oh wait...this is an astros thread, let me get on topic, yayyy, they have an AstroTurf field.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
LOL! I thought this thread was "about the Astros"?

You saying you are done with the cowboys until next season and stating "they dont deserve to win" pretty much shows your bandwagon tendencies. I bet you weren't much of a Rangers fan until 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Have a good one. I'm done here.
He really is simple isn't he?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Looks like the astros will be watching the rangers play atleast a few more games.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks like the astros will be watching the rangers play atleast a few more games.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

This is so stupid. This is almost like making fun of the Houston Oilers losing via one of the greatest comebacks in NFL playoff history (versus the Bills).
Old 10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

What do you expect, look at the douche that started it
Old 10-20-2010, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Cry me a river you babys.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

E-Web is serious bizzness....just saying
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am done with the cowboys untill next season.
So this thread was started by a bandwagon troll? You support your team, shitty or not.

Yeah the Astros sucked, but they finished the season looking pretty good. They are going to be good next season, no doubt. All I can say is you better DVR the rest of the Rangers' games. I don't think a repeat season will be in the cards.

I like to see the Rangers beat up on the Yankees. I'd also like to see them beat the **** out of San Francisco. I always support Texas vs any team from any other state. Especially California teams.

Guys like you remind me of nerd ******* in bars. They talk all kinds of **** while I'm trying to enjoy that I finally got Sunday off, with some football and drink beers.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
So this thread was started by a bandwagon troll? You support your team, shitty or not.

Yeah the Astros sucked, but they finished the season looking pretty good. They are going to be good next season, no doubt. All I can say is you better DVR the rest of the Rangers' games. I don't think a repeat season will be in the cards.

I like to see the Rangers beat up on the Yankees. I'd also like to see them beat the **** out of San Francisco. I always support Texas vs any team from any other state. Especially California teams.

Guys like you remind me of nerd ******* in bars. They talk all kinds of **** while I'm trying to enjoy that I finally got Sunday off, with some football and drink beers.
Sigh. The cowboys deserve no support...
Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

C'mon guys, everyone knows that the only reason the Rangers are doing so well this season is beacuse they now have a native Houstonian as their main owner!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been a Rangers fan since the mid 90's. Don't worry, not all Ranger fans are complete douches like the OP. We are actually pretty modest fans considering our history. The ones that are talking trash are usually the band wagon fans, and Dallas is full of them.

Still remember 5 years ago you could get tickets bihind the dugout for under 100 bucks. Now, that is next to impossible.

Be carefull what you say. Houston has made some pretty good moves and should be a good up and coming team.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redz_02
Don't worry, not all Ranger fans are complete douches like the OP. We are actually pretty modest fans considering our history.
I completely agree with you. We went to an Astros vs. Rangers game a couple of years ago (in July...hotter than hell) in Arlington. The fans were super nice. The Rangers whipped our butts that day and we (wearing our Astros gear) got no BS taunting or anything like that thrown in our direction. It was a good experience except for the loss.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I completely agree with you. We went to an Astros vs. Rangers game a couple of years ago (in July...hotter than hell) in Arlington. The fans were super nice. The Rangers whipped our butts that day and we (wearing our Astros gear) got no BS taunting or anything like that thrown in our direction. It was a good experience except for the loss.
I also went a couple of years ago and it was hot as hell. I had a completely different experience though. We were in our Astros gear and there was a lot of **** talking going on. It was the 3rd game of the series and the Rangers had won the first two. The Astros ended up winning the game so we had the last laugh but we got a lot of **** coming and going from the stadium. The funny thing is the Rangers were in last place at the time. There was actually less shot talking when we were at Wrigley, which was surprising.