Pics of the Cosmetic Mods on the V2:)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
yeah it's 160 bucks, but not sure it would work... It uses a wheel to apply the paint and I would venture to say it needs to be a smooth surface as well.

probably, but i was just giving you heads up in case you didn't know, but you did.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it looks sick, Silver car with black rims is the best color combo IMO. Did you just have the stockers powder coated or what?
Old 10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whatsa347
I think it looks sick, Silver car with black rims is the best color combo IMO. Did you just have the stockers powder coated or what?
yup thats what I did.

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks good man!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

debadge the cts part and the v emblems have painted black over the colored areas. just an opinion obviously. i had my wheels powder coated flat black as well. man the bad thing is when you wash it and tire shine gets on them and turns them into a gloss its gonna make you rethink it. i know i did but just solved that problem and put flat black tire shine haha
Old 10-28-2010, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
looks good man!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by mjcotroneo
debadge the cts part and the v emblems have painted black over the colored areas. just an opinion obviously. i had my wheels powder coated flat black as well. man the bad thing is when you wash it and tire shine gets on them and turns them into a gloss its gonna make you rethink it. i know i did but just solved that problem and put flat black tire shine haha
I plan on taking the cts off, just forgot.

I really dont' like the way it looks when you paint over the V's and the Crests. I have seen it and just don't care for it.

As far as the tire black I'lll let you know how that goes. I have had gray rims before/still do and it doesn't make them gloss... TBD (where the hell did you get flat black tire shine?)
Old 10-28-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

the pep boys that was down the street from where i used to live carried it and i think napa does too. i used to have the guys at the dealership detail my car and the stuff they use for tire shine is amazing and well they sprayed over my wheels. at first i was like "damn that looks good", then it was "dammit", then i heard of flat black tire shine. its not as glossy obviously but it does go along with the matte black wheels.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mjcotroneo
the pep boys that was down the street from where i used to live carried it and i think napa does too. i used to have the guys at the dealership detail my car and the stuff they use for tire shine is amazing and well they sprayed over my wheels. at first i was like "damn that looks good", then it was "dammit", then i heard of flat black tire shine. its not as glossy obviously but it does go along with the matte black wheels.
k, i'll check it out.

thanks!

Quick Reply: Pics of the Cosmetic Mods on the V2:)