Its 4th and 1 yard, and lets QB sneak it

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not all in coaching, Defense gives up big plays, Receivers dropping passes, amatuer execution, and injuries. Foster is the only guy playing like he wants it. It's just an easy way out to blame it all on the coach, but there are alot more reasons why they have hit a wall.

I think their main problems are on D. Just sucks and is frustrating when almost all your losses are close games.

Ps. Kubiak prefers to run the ball in short yardage situations, but in the past they have almost all resulted in a fumble. I could see why he ran the sneak. Just to bad the O line was getting slammed.

To bad we're not in the NFC west. Some armpit team will make the playoffs from that division.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Kubiak has WAY too much talent to have a .500 team AGAIN.

Doesnt matter how the team is performing when you have that much talent, its up to the HC to get the team to perform. I hate to say it but look at the other team in TX at what happened there.

Like I said, I dont think Kubiak will be back next year unless the Texans make the playoffs.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Well, Kubiak has WAY too much talent to have a .500 team AGAIN.

Doesnt matter how the team is performing when you have that much talent, its up to the HC to get the team to perform. I hate to say it but look at the other team in TX at what happened there.

Like I said, I dont think Kubiak will be back next year unless the Texans make the playoffs.
The offense is performing, but the defensive secondary is dead last in the league. Believe me, Firing Kubiak will not solve anything.

The main thing Kubiak has said is that things need to change on defense, and he is right. Besides, he has a contract that extends through 2012.

There will be some changes, but I doubt it will be Kubiak.

Last edited by redz_02; 11-15-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Anyone want to post a replay of the last hail mary play?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Anyone want to post a replay of the last hail mary play?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpFyjJZ5Db0
Old 11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

LOL^^^^^ I feel sick now. What happened to catching?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can fire a coach during the contract. Contracts mean nothing these days.

I do agree about the secondary but they have never focused on it. The dline and LB core is pretty damn decent.

Regardless, Kubiak still needs to go. The dude is an idiot. Just look at the title of this thread. He has screwed up some EASY coaching calls just this year. Then, start going back a few years and you can see where it gets screwy. However, for some reason, McNair will keep him.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bballr4567
You can fire a coach during the contract. Contracts mean nothing these days.

I do agree about the secondary but they have never focused on it. The dline and LB core is pretty damn decent.

Regardless, Kubiak still needs to go. The dude is an idiot. Just look at the title of this thread. He has screwed up some EASY coaching calls just this year. Then, start going back a few years and you can see where it gets screwy. However, for some reason, McNair will keep him.
He's an idiot, yet he has 3 superbowl rings as a coach. Seems like he was a pretty good OC at Denver and SF.

LB core is good, but they struggle on midfield coverage. Besides, coach's rarely get fired mid season when they lose two games in the final seconds. Kubiak also took over a team that was 2-14 when he came in. Firing a coach mid season is extremely expensive. Jerry did b/c he didn't have a choice. Wade sucked, and his billion dollar stadium was lacking sales. Plus Wade is a terrible HC, and has pretty much sucked every where he coached.

Fire Kubiak and we still struggle, b/c it is the same damn defense. Mario is a great player, but he doesn't make a defense.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redz_02

Fire Kubiak and we still struggle, b/c it is the same damn defense. Mario is a great player, but he doesn't make a defense.
A good Offensive or Defensive Cordinator does not always make a great head coach. You can just look through the NFL ranks, and see all the former head coaches that have gone back to being cordinators.

Change the head coach, and it is the same defense.

Yeah, I'm sure that is how it works.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn straight that's how it works. Texans Secondary is dead last in every category. How would a coaching change fix that? Tell you what, if you're playing fantasy football, go pick the Texans Defense as your starting D the rest of the season and you'll see how great they really are. The offense has to overcome a ~30 pt deficit pretty much every game.

For all you coach haters, you need to start looking in Frank Bush's direction.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Damn straight that's how it works. Texans Secondary is dead last in every category. How would a coaching change fix that?
How many downs have you played in college or beyond as Defensive Back?

You have no clue what you are talking about. You can blow your fantasy football crap up your *** all day long.

You have to look at the coverage, which a lot of TV angles won't show you. In many cases, you can see the cover 2, 3, 4, different man or nickle D's and most importantly, what the backers are doing.

Bottom line, the D is not getting it done. The D backs are horrific. But to start throwing up fanasty crap with real world football without even a grasp on the understanding coverages under a chinstrap is stupid. Reminds me of female reporters on the sidelines during the games.

Head coach can change that. Period.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic