ps3 black ops thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011 | 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
Verizon has a connection called FiOS, it stands for Fiber optics service. Its hands down the best internet service in the area, problem is AT&T has a contract for the majority of houston. The only Area's that get Verizon's FiOS is League city,baytown,pearland bascially where you can get a verizon land line.

To give you a bit of a run down...Most people on here ether have Comcast "Performance" tier internet (15megs DL/3Megs UL W/Powerboast) or AT&T DSL service (12megs DL/1.5megs UL)

Now Verizon FiOS starts out at 15megs down and 5megs up and is the same cost as the above services but the ping and upload speeds are leaps and bounds better. The most important thing about online gaming especially if your the host is Ping,upload speed and Jitter.

And yes, I'm stuck with Comcast Cable cause im in the houston metropoltian area >.<. Can't wait to buy a house in pearland !!
Its gods gift to online gaming for Console users
http://www22.verizon.com/Residential...lans/Plans.htm Check it out.
ehhh... Marketing- I know cause I work in Marketing.

AT&T 12mbps IS what I have and it has served me just fine. Although I would like to see the top offering of 24 mbps.

FiOS concept is cutting edge but AT&T Fiber-optic/ copper solution is very practical, readily available and cheaper to support.

In the end FiOS or not, it comes down to network workload at peak times. If the infrastructure can handle Full Bandwidth On Demand HD/ 3D TV without any buffer issues it is great service. With AT&T's @ 12mbps it has been enough to get the job done with no issues.

Did you know AT&T has 3D & 1080i HD on demand service? It's great, I'm sure they have plans to expand their service to support 1080P.

I don't think I am prepared to run out and buy a bunch of proprietary components to support a network that only offers their service in limited areas.

Let's not forget the Circuit City's attempt to coral buyers with their "DIVX" and "DIVX players" format.

Honestly I considered FiOS hardware but I ultimately chose to stick with a "broader view" service.

Essentially how service GETS to your house is similar in both Verizon/AT&T but in order to have Verizon service, your in-home equipment has to be FiOS capable...I cant have a S.P. telling me what to buy in-order to pay for their service.
Old 01-04-2011 | 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

My user name is killaisme add me
Old 01-04-2011 | 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackfly
ehhh... Marketing- I know cause I work in Marketing.

AT&T 12mbps IS what I have and it has served me just fine. Although I would like to see the top offering of 24 mbps.

FiOS concept is cutting edge but AT&T Fiber-optic/ copper solution is very practical, readily available and cheaper to support.

In the end FiOS or not, it comes down to network workload at peak times. If the infrastructure can handle Full Bandwidth On Demand HD/ 3D TV without any buffer issues it is great service. With AT&T's @ 12mbps it has been enough to get the job done with no issues.

Did you know AT&T has 3D & 1080i HD on demand service? It's great, I'm sure they have plans to expand their service to support 1080P.

I don't think I am prepared to run out and buy a bunch of proprietary components to support a network that only offers their service in limited areas.

Let's not forget the Circuit City's attempt to coral buyers with their "DIVX" and "DIVX players" format.

Honestly I considered FiOS hardware but I ultimately chose to stick with a "broader view" service.

Essentially how service GETS to your house is similar in both Verizon/AT&T but in order to have Verizon service, your in-home equipment has to be FiOS capable...I cant have a S.P. telling me what to buy in-order to pay for their service.

Well I have had the AT&T DSL Internet service before, it was slow in comparsion to Comcast, but then again it was also a deciated line so there was no Throttling of bandwidth or cap.

I have recently switched to the "Performance" Tier Comcast internet, im happy with it as long as its not 4-6pm in the afternoon when everbody is hogging down the bandwidth.

Verizon doesn't charge you to rent the equipment nor do they have all those bs charges comcast and at&t charge for a 1 time fee. Verizon supplys you all the equipment needed for the connection, FiOS is also Fiber straight to your router in your home and its dedicated bandwidth. AT&T went the cheap route when they wired houston and went Fiber to the hub then coxial/copper to the residents.

I understand the praticality of AT&T, I just know from exprience that the quality of service is leaps and bounds better with Verizon
Old 01-04-2011 | 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW, if anybody is serious about geting better you won't find a better Black ops Commentator than Woodysgamertag. Here is one of his recent videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYh5hZ5aIU4
Old 01-04-2011 | 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and playin Demolition is damn near impossible with all the little whiny bag kids wanting their Kills....Must of had 10 12yr olds start cussing at me cause I went for a bomb plant....
Old 01-04-2011 | 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL I understand that, Search some of his other games for generic tips and knowledge to be applied as a whole.
Old 01-04-2011 | 07:27 PM
Banned

Verizon has a connection called FiOS, it stands for Fiber optics service. Its hands down the best internet service in the area, problem is AT&T has a contract for the majority of houston. The only Area's that get Verizon's FiOS is League city,baytown,pearland bascially where you can get a verizon land line.

To give you a bit of a run down...Most people on here ether have Comcast "Performance" tier internet (15megs DL/3Megs UL W/Powerboast) or AT&T DSL service (12megs DL/1.5megs UL)

Now Verizon FiOS starts out at 15megs down and 5megs up and is the same cost as the above services but the ping and upload speeds are leaps and bounds better. The most important thing about online gaming especially if your the host is Ping,upload speed and Jitter.

And yes, I'm stuck with Comcast Cable cause im in the houston metropoltian area >.<. Can't wait to buy a house in pearland !!
hmm, I live in pearland. How much is teh verizon internet ,and do I have to get their phone service as well?
Old 01-04-2011 | 07:28 PM
Banned

so is teh fios worth it or no?
Old 01-05-2011 | 10:32 AM
On The Tree

...AT&T went the cheap route when they wired houston and went Fiber to the hub then coxial/copper to the residents.
True.

I'm not arguing.

In order for one to take advantage of FiOS on TV or other components it needs to have FiOS built in. THAT'S where my issue is. If one's components are not FiOS capable then one is not taking full advantage of the technology one is paying for.

my 12mbps service has been fine. I have 5 cable boxes (1 DVR), 3 computers (all connected Via Cat5, no coax) and 3 wireless devises (ipod, DSiXL, PSP), I stream music/ Photos from my PC to my TV and enjoy Ondemand 3D HD movies just fine.

I'm only justifying: The amount of stress I add to my service, could be considered abit above normal and it has served me just fine - especially for the average user.

For Extreme gaming (seems you qualified this in: "God's gift to gaming") FiOS is cutting edge for the serious gamer.
Old 01-07-2011 | 06:33 PM
Banned

Who's gonna be on tonight? Add me if you haven't.....boodoo_adibi
Old 01-07-2011 | 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Who's gonna be on tonight? Add me if you haven't.....boodoo_adibi
You are pretty good bro!!!

I'll be in tonight trying to get better haha
Old 01-20-2011 | 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So Deerhunter, I was trying to join your party but it just wasn't happening man. Then finally you and oneSSv joins up and yall drop lol. Me and V8 torn it up for a few games after that then we jetted, we all need to get a party of 9 working and do some ground war lol.
Old 01-20-2011 | 12:50 PM
9 Second Club

It was fun last night. we tore it up the headquarters games
Old 01-20-2011 | 04:35 PM
Banned

Yea man HQ just really isn't my game, to be honest it's not really fun to me. I just like to stick to team deathmatch. I'll also play free for all if it's a big group of us, hardcore tdm, I'll even play search and destroy.
Old 01-20-2011 | 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't remember who is who lol..

I am treydawg92.. We need to update the OP with everyones names.
Old 01-20-2011 | 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

Ok this needed to be done, Im doing this instead of playing right now. I WILL NOT UPDATE THIS LIST, so if you are not on here then copy and paste it and add yourself.

LS1Tech -------------------- PS3

jb7241986 ----------------- 02chevycamaross
Charlay --------------------- OmeCharlie
GreatWhiteZ28 ------------- Archnemisis
marlbororacer -------------- Acetwu34
v8sten ---------------------- FuzzyTacoLicker <<<<< BEST NAME ON HERE
TurdsOfMayhem ------------ Formula02
had20z --------------------- Had20z
blubyu02 ------------------- bbw_fetish
DetroitSpeedJunkie -------- PlatinumPyro05
SS_2000 -------------------- true_blue_1987
jebuzws6 ------------------- jebuzws6
Chrismikeb ----------------- AbomLnabieSnowman
JetBlack98Z ---------------- Maximus_Iratus
PSSYCO --------------------- PewterLS1
Luckymex_dallas ------------ illegalamigo
DeerHunter_Z28 ------------ boodoo_adibi
badboy4life ----------------- OneSS2NV
99problemz ----------------- LS1_RAPTOR
blackbyrdWS6 -------------- Deez_Nutz1
SRfastZ --------------------- SRfastZ
BlackFly --------------------- BlackFly105
jasontaws6 ------------------ jason01ws6
Quick_10_SS ----------------- DeathByVenom49
GoldRust -------------------- SpdDmn1320
who281 ---------------------- WHO713
1bad03snake ---------------- mattbo2003
1bdBULLITT ------------------ Ruddfukr09
Deviant Hawk ---------------- DJ_SONNY_MAJIC
01 WS6 6.0 ------------------ grim_reaper70
Texhotrod593 ---------------- Screaming_hymen
Copper_tone ------------------ slugginfences
retardedpenguin ------------- Treydawg92
Darkhorse SS ---------------- TEXCAM_SS
DKM DWN -------------------- DKMDWN4SANCHO
wm2002Z28 ------------------ Dallasz28wm
Texas-Firehawk --------------- TEXAS-FIREHAWK
5_Liter_Eater ------------------ McLovinTX
bigfatls6 ---------------------- killaisme

Last edited by v8sten; 01-21-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2011 | 04:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I keep hearing all these people talking about aim bots and ****. WTF is happening to black ops???
Old 01-21-2011 | 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Yea man HQ just really isn't my game, to be honest it's not really fun to me. I just like to stick to team deathmatch. I'll also play free for all if it's a big group of us, hardcore tdm, I'll even play search and destroy.
Its all good, I just play HQ with a party cause its hands down the fastest way to get alot of exp/cod points. TDM with a full party is just a rapefest lol. Sorry we didn't hook up more last night, I was rolling with a party of 4 constantly.
Old 01-21-2011 | 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Correcting my Name,

LS1Tech -------------------- PS3
jb7241986 ----------------- 02chevycamaross
Charlay --------------------- OmeCharlie
GreatWhiteZ28 ------------- Archnemisis
marlbororacer -------------- Acetwu34
v8sten ---------------------- FuzzyTacoLicker <<<<< BEST NAME ON HERE
TurdsOfMayhem ------------ Formula02
had20z --------------------- Had20z
blubyu02 ------------------- bbw_fetish