Old 11-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that suxs jay,iv seen alot worse get hassled
Old 11-12-2010, 07:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jay7199
the stupid neighborhood is complaining about my car sitting in my drive way... And i don't know what to do, because now they are saying they are going to start sending a fine for $50 then $100 and then send some legal action.

Has anyone had any experiance with this? I mean what is the problem? they are telling me my car isnt running, and yeah so what its not running? its got all its body panels on, its clean.. it had a flat that they drilled me about, but i fixed the flat they keep sending letters.

I had a car cover on it, they said take the car cover off.. so i took the car cover off, now they want the car out of the "sight of the street"

I just don't understand, its my car.. its my house.. why exactly can't my car be parked here?

Any advice?
You need to reed your rules. In my HOA I can not have a car on the street or the Driveway without moving it for over 48 hours. Your smart, put it on rollers and roll it lol.

Every HOA is different.

not yet antique, but i can sure as hell say its a race car. Thanks for the info.
Again read your rules, every HOA is different, this may or may not work for you.

Originally Posted by 8urls1
I got ticketed for a damn oil stain in the driveway.

H.O.A. sucks but they do keep the neighborhood from turning into a trailer park.Kind of a Love/Hate relationship.
Yeah I got that too, use some acid to take it off, Muratic acid mixed with 6 parts water works wonders!

Originally Posted by meinthe73
your only defense would be if it is tagged and inspected then you can tell them to suck it if not you might have to suck it.
Nope not true, again depends on your rules.

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
What car is it? What are their exact complaints? Are they saying it's a POS that needs to move or what?
Why isn't it running?
It's probably just like mine, it has not been moved in 48 hours.

the Tags did go out recently, but they don't have a exact complaint! they are just telling me to move it because its not running.. but how do they even know its not running! i pulled the motor at night.

Its a 96 trans am, black.. good paint the back bumper is fading just a little bit but... i just don't understand.

They did send a letter about the flat that said.. something like reason: flat tire.

So i fixed the flat, the new letters just say " move it or pay us"
I'm not sure they can really fine you.... Most in order to fine you have to take you to court, and that's a real PITA and it's their last resort. Mine doesn't say anything about a fine, not sure that's even real, or just a threat.

in addition to the tag thing, the car is up the drive way down slope and right in front of a garage, the only way for them to know the tags are out, is to walk up onto my property and look.
again doesn't matter if in your "Covenant" (Rules) if it says it can't be in the driveway for x-number of hours.

Originally Posted by Tata
I would consult your HOA as to what the rules and regualtions are of vehicles on personal property. I'm sure there is some loop hole or BS thing you can do to get them off your back or resolve the problem. I could understand if it's in the street, but in your own driveway is a different story. Sucks to hear but I'm sure there is a solution.

On a side note, man the HOA are some weird people. Cant paint the trim of a house a certain color, but can have a replica Eiffel (sp?) tower mailbox down the street. My in-laws had a complaint filed from there HOA for a tarp covering the front of there house after someone drove there car through it two days earlier.
I would do this too, if it says it can't be in the same spot for 48 hours, call them, have them come out and mark the tires, then make sure you move it to cover those marks, then call them out in 48 hrs and show them it's moved. Most say it has to move, there is no explanation on "how far"

ok as a update, I just read the letter myself, it says " no unsightly article shall remain on any lot in a visible location" the following violation occured in the Driveway

Is this a ******* joke? because they think my car is ugly??? because it says notthing other then they think its "unsightly"
They have to inforce it because I bet a neighbor called in and complained. I had to do the same on my neighbor because something is leaking from their house and it is causing my whole back yard to turn into a mud pit. I told my neighbors, even pointed out where it's leaking from the pipe on their house, and for 2 months now they have not fixed it. I had to tell the HOA because I'm tired of my 3 dogs tracking mud into the house every freaking day. I can't even use the dog door anymore since they have to have their paws cleaned every time I let them out.

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
tell em to **** off. its not like the car is a rust bucket
Doesn't matter. If he gets defensive they can take him to court, and actually kick him out of his own house. It was done in FL

Originally Posted by TrippyJoey
Get washable pain and paint it pink, that will sure make it pretty

Can't you appeal their decision, or take it to civil court?
Not if it's in the Covenants. I mean he can, but he will loose.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:13 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Dead giveaways for most HOA about cars like yours:

Flat tire(s)
Front end way up in the air (no engine)
Never washed
Never moves
Expired tags

They don't really care about what type of car it is, it just appears to someone that the car is not running and isn't maintained properly. You really should clear your garage of the junk and just push it inside, if possible.

Don't mess with the HOA, they will just make your life miserable from here on out.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Teching In

From the pics it looks like a nice neighborhood. You bought the house. You agreed to the HOA rules. So put your **** in the garage, or get a storage unit. It may be a nice car to you, but for most people in your neighborhood it is an eyesore.

I never understand why people bitch about HOA. They dont just make up the rules as they go. If you dont like it, buy a house in the middle of no where.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:09 AM
TECH Regular

Man my neighbor hood is full of haters too jay, my neighbors used to call the cops on me all the time
Old 11-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Teching In

its your drive way..... so there isnt anything they can do. There was a story on the news about a man who owned a truck that he had parked in his driveway and same thing happened to him. he lived in a rich rich rich neighborhood took them to court and judge ruled in his favor. I hate HOA I think they are so F*&((*(*ing stupid they wrote me a "ticket" for my trash can on the side of my house. they wont do that again
Old 11-12-2010, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

I'll come pick her up and get that eye sore out of your neighborhood. Problem solved!

-Buddy-
Old 11-12-2010, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this a ******* joke? because they think my car is ugly???
**** good thing I park my car in the garage!!! I would get this **** everyday lol My car runs but, "Because my car is ugly" I would just get the rolling ticket drive by lol here's todays ticket Sean.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty good to me
Old 11-12-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

The fascist HOAs can go to hell. My property rights are not predicated upon anyone else's approval of what I do. The maintaining-property-value argument is an utterly invalid argument. Don't subjugate yourselves to these organizations. They're really just a scam with city council.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tbennett13
its your drive way..... so there isnt anything they can do. There was a story on the news about a man who owned a truck that he had parked in his driveway and same thing happened to him. he lived in a rich rich rich neighborhood took them to court and judge ruled in his favor. I hate HOA I think they are so F*&((*(*ing stupid they wrote me a "ticket" for my trash can on the side of my house. they wont do that again
your not exactly correct.

If in the HOA it says you must park in the garage then you must park in the garage. Mine says that. So yes they can.

Yeah he can go to court and try and fight it, but why waste the money? Like nineball said don't fight the HOA they will just make your life hell!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Jeez that thing is a piece of **** no wonder they're bitchin!!

Just kiddin, thats a nice *** neighborhood though I garuntee u they are only bitchin cuz A) ur T/A was loud as **** when it ran, or u have another car thats loud as **** or B) cuz its a 14 yr old badass car and not a brand new silver infinity like every other snob
Old 11-12-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

I understand the purpose of HOA's and why they exist, but they do go all commando at times.

When I had my house in Baytown, got letters all the time for BS. Got wrote up for having my waterhose not rolled up and in plain site in the driveway--turns out that was the same day I was out washing my truck.

We had a rule about non-moving cars in driveways also, but we had a rule about parking in the street also, but 90% of the people did that too. They would not enforce the street parking cause they said they couldn't but really just didn't want to mess with it. I never paid any fines and they never pursued it legally. I suggest attending your HOA meetings and getting people with similar issues to attend. The more voices you can get heard sometimes helps.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
your not exactly correct.

If in the HOA it says you must park in the garage then you must park in the garage. Mine says that. So yes they can.

Yeah he can go to court and try and fight it, but why waste the money? Like nineball said don't fight the HOA they will just make your life hell!
admn its a good thing my dad's HOD doesn't give us **** about parking in the garage since we have a 2 car garage and 4 cars 2 of them ARE in the garage though.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
admn its a good thing my dad's HOD doesn't give us **** about parking in the garage since we have a 2 car garage and 4 cars 2 of them ARE in the garage though.
yeah i mean you just have to read it all.

My mom's house for example you can park in the driveway, you can park over night in it, etc etc and they live in a very nice part of harris county 7 figure homes.... but you can't park in the street from 2-6am.....
Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tbennett13
That story was posted here a few months ago. His story was different from the TC. His truck ran and moved everyday. But someone/HOA did not like the looks of the work truck.

Here's the link
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...810#62333829-1
Old 11-12-2010, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by matthew S.
That story was posted here a few months ago. His story was different from the TC. His truck ran and moved everyday. But someone/HOA did not like the looks of the work truck.

Here's the link
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...810#62333829-1
Yeah I read that. But like I and others have said it all depends on your HOA. IF I was doing what the OP was posting I couldn't win a fight in court at all because it says in the covenants I can't park it over 48 hours.

Doesn't say anything about what it looks like or anything, just says vechicle in driveway.

pretty cut n dry.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

The HOA can always become a pain in the ***. They have nothing better to do than drive around and act like a little Hitler. Sometimes they make valid points on what needs to be done and other times there just bored and need something to do. Kinda like a bored cop that just pulled you over and says your tires are to bald and starts harassing you.

When i was a kid our HOA rep lived on our block. Which never was a problem fir the first 4 or 5 years. then he started giving about 6 houses crap on my street alone. Well 4th of July one year all the parents got wasted went and bought us a ton of fireworks brought them to us and told us what to do with them. We went and put them in every flower bed, bush, tree, he had on his property. we walked out just as we were lighting them and said what you boys doing. we lit them and yelled some profanity as we were running off.

That was the last time anyone on my street ever received a letter from the HOA.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Teching In

The thing is, this wasn't the beginning of all of this. They've been gunning for us for a while now. First, it was my car being parked in the street. Fine fine... I'll put it in the driveway! Not a big deal. Since I moved it into the driveway, we got complaints about it being there because it blocked the sidewalk. Now, our neighborhood is still under construction and at that time, there weren't any sidewalks connecting to either side of ours. Regardless, there was nothing we could do about that. And then we got notices about not being able to have a Project Vehicle under a car cover. What? At this point I was beginning to think someone was making stuff up. But the same letters came and they threatened the same fines for both of them, until they moved onto another problem. This time it's the Trans Am. But this time we have a date and the promise to increase the penalty amount. It has been moved multiple times since we pulled the motor... it's even facing the opposite direction now. It's cleaner than my GTO most of the time and neither the GTO or his GTP have moved in over 48 hours, and lord knows they're up and running. Even with all that said, I have a feeling they're not about to drop it. Curious as to when they'll get tired of being on our asses about it. Thanks for everyone's input!