neighborhood association on me..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah tell em to **** off its a pretty car plus it has tags and insurance they cant do **** i would go get a lawyer and get them ******* for harassment
Old 11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Move it a couple of inches back and forth everyday. Technically YOU moved it. Its not stationary anymore! LOL!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know the neighborhood you live in, but at my old place the streets were owned by the city and the HOA had no authority over who parked there. Used to **** me off too, I bought an old '89 plane jane honda accord with no dents and shiny paint and a week later the HOA threw a fit because it had Oklahoma plates (which were current), all the while my neighbor had a POS rusted out 70's monty-carlo parked on the street that didn't run.

But then again you will need to keep current tags and check into vehicle abandonment laws, or the city might tow your ride.

Best solution is to park it in the garage, better yet, fix it and drive the dam thing.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GulfM3
fix it and drive the dam thing.
^ That.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Just play ping pong with the damn car....move it from one side of the driveway to the other everyday. And be loud when you do it.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Launching!

I hate the HOA , why don't they try to **** with people who really don't keep their house up? Or try to get court orders trying to keep convicted burglars and sex offenders who live in our neighborhoods out.We used to have contract Deputies patrolling are area , now we don't even have that.Or better yet keep owners from renting out houses to low life's....
Old 11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

It has no engine. Bet that is a dead giveaway that it doesn't operate. Also, some of you guys must have been misled into thinking lawyers work for free. In case you haven't ever hired a lawyer before, let me just throw a ballpark figure out there that you'll blow in the first few days of working with one. Figure $5,000 is a good budget to start with, then about $10-20,000 if it goes toward an actual 1-day trial.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It has no engine. Bet that is a dead giveaway that it doesn't operate. Also, some of you guys must have been misled into thinking lawyers work for free. In case you haven't ever hired a lawyer before, let me just throw a ballpark figure out there that you'll blow in the first few days of working with one. Figure $5,000 is a good budget to start with, then about $10-20,000 if it goes toward an actual 1-day trial.
Lawyers are free when they're family friends. Not the point, though. You can't tell, unless you're looking for it, that it's sitting high. And at that, it's sitting about as high as any modern V6 "muscle" car today. My Charger sat higher than that before we lowered it. Or hell, a Firebird would sit that high.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Notice my neighbors "lovely van"
Old 11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jay7199
Notice my neighbors "lovely van"
That's what I was going to say. That thing hurts my eyes just looking at it.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
That's what I was going to say. That thing hurts my eyes just looking at it.
I just got off the phone with them... our old, grumpy neighbor seems to be the culprit in this matter. We have... a week to get the car put together, up and running, and registered/inspected. Cool.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks man. I would just try to clean up as much stuff as possible in the garage, and move the TA in there. You don't have like a shed or something in the back where you can store stuff from the garage?
Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

no Shed, havnt lived here long enough. Hes going to hate me when the cars together. you and andrew can come by, let 3 muscle cars idle.. see what he can complain about then.

Im gona see if i can't get it in the garage, but theres like 4 motors in the garage and a car and then tools....
Old 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

iv had issues with my HOA but they are not official so i told them to **** off. sucks man...also that van is ******* ugly as ****
Old 11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should try to hide a 2 ton Chevy in your driveway. after many letters and visits, we finally won. They kept saying it was a commercial vehicle. It is a personal vehicle. I told them to prove it was a com and I would move it. They came back and said since it has truck tags on it that makes it comm. I rode my bike around the nieghborhood and wrote donw 75 license plates in a 2 block range and asked them if they wrote these people a letter. No they didn't. I had to prove it wasn't a comm truck. I showed them the registeration and they finally relented and let me keep it at the house. And they quit writing me letters to mow the damn grass also.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

I was fined for mine being in my driveway for almost a year when I was slowly putting it back together. What I did was put in under a car cover, and take pictures of how it sat. I then sent the pictures to the hoa with a letter stating that it was my wknd car, and I didn't drive it everyday. They dismissed the fines, and said it was ok to have the car in driveway under the cover since it was a working vehicle.
Try it man, cause they won't know that it's not working.

Call me if you need help getting your car back together.

-Kris

Last edited by Vesper TA; 11-12-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
oh yeah exactly what he said!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

I still don't get it. You choose to move there lol.

I got pissed off when they wrote me up for the oil stains, but then I went back and read the covenants and realize i was the dumb ***. I choose not to read it when I signed it, so it was my bad. Fight it all you want, the HOA will win.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This makes me hate people. If it was missing body panels, ok maybe they have an argument. It just looks like a parked car. What is the big ******* deal? If you have a lawyer friend, and he's willing, i would seriously escalate this, or else they are going to run over top of you for everything. Obviously the relationship isnt that good already, so its not like you conforming to this, is going to fix any problems you might have. I understand HOA's for things like people not mowing their lawns, or stripping cars in the driveway, but your car is in perfectly acceptable condition. This would **** me off so bad, i might go buy a piece of **** that runs, put plates on it, and stick it in the driveway, and move it back and forth every day. But i'm a more agressive, pissed of person than some.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

****'em all! Don't you own a shotgun?