Bought my first springfield XDm!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdave619
dumb question so whats the major difference between the xd and xdm?? i've fired a xd .45 and i can say its by far the best pistol ive ever fired
Difference between xd and xdm is the "m" stands for match grade barrel and slide. I had the xd40 tactical (5in barrel) and sold it for the xdm. It is put together much better than a glock. Love all of them really want to get a Kimber next. People say its just a 1911 until you fire one.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd never own a glock. Ive fired about 4 different glocks and everyone has stoves stoves pipe on me. Showed the wife this thread as kind of a hint... Lol she asked what they cost and if I'd want the xd or xdm.... M of course
Old 11-25-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I carry an XD40sc. Nice pistol, I like it much better than the Glock27 I had previously.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Launching!

When i was gun shopping i almost got the XD. I still like the gun and it fells great in my hands. I couldnt find one locally that was a sub compact and then I fell in love with my Kimber ultra carry and bought that instead. I tried talking the wife into the XD but she liked the feel and trigger on the Glock and got one instead. Im pretty an XD will be my next gun though.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
cool, a chance to ***** mine out! yay!

That is a beautiful weapon! i have my light/laser on order as well! I was able to put another 100 rounds through it over thanksgiving and today, and all i can say is wow! i absolutley love this thing. I was a little iffy on the 3.8 barrel being a little hard on recoil but i was wrong. By far the best pistol i have owned!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jamminj007
Difference between xd and xdm is the "m" stands for match grade barrel and slide. I had the xd40 tactical (5in barrel) and sold it for the xdm. It is put together much better than a glock. Love all of them really want to get a Kimber next. People say its just a 1911 until you fire one.
Seriously??? That is a opinion at best. Would take a glock over a XDm any day of the week. XDs have a weird grip (for me) and I appreciate the lower bore axis of the Glock.

XDm is a great gun, but i will take reliability over your ergonomics anyday.

http://www.desivideonetwork.com/view...-by-nutnfancy/

Last edited by 92maro; 11-26-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: addition
Old 11-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by 92maro
Seriously??? That is a opinion at best. Would take a glock over a XDm any day of the week. XDs have a weird grip (for me) and I appreciate the lower bore axis of the Glock.

XDm is a great gun, but i will take reliability over your ergonomics anyday.

http://www.desivideonetwork.com/view...-by-nutnfancy/
That video proves nothing, who knows what the care of that gun was. A buddy of mine shoots XDs exclusively and hes got close to 20K rounds through his with no problems. He knows a **** load more about them than I do so maybe Ill have him chime in.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

I didnt post that to bash the Xd. I posted that in response to the guy who says the Xd is a better built gun than the Glock.

Ask your buddy to completely de-lube his Xd and put a few clips through it. Its going to hiccup from time to time. Glock on the other hand.... not so much.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 PM

Who delubes their gun? Maybe I could possibly see some rationale behind that if we were tlaking about guns for the armed forces but evrey private sector owner is atleast going to have a little oil in their gun. Glocks are good guns but to post a video to basically say an XD isnt reliable simply because one video shows a problem means nothing. There are videos on the net of the glocks failing too, does that mean their **** too?
Old 11-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Who delubes their gun? Maybe I could possibly see some rationale behind that if we were tlaking about guns for the armed forces but evrey private sector owner is atleast going to have a little oil in their gun. Glocks are good guns but to post a video to basically say an XD isnt reliable simply because one video shows a problem means nothing. There are videos on the net of the glocks failing too, does that mean their **** too?
When the video is not trying to be biased at all and just showing real world usage of different guns, i think it means something. I dont care if you like the video or not.... I didnt post it for you. I was simply showing that a glock is just as well built and reliable as the XD, contrary to what the other guy posted...

The XDm has a amazing barrel on it an i like its trigger better than the glock, but to say its in anyway better of a gun than a glock is ridiculous.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:06 PM

Since the XD series introduction only damn near ever firearm publication has said the XD is a better gun, that has to count for something too right?

At any rate, everyone is going to shoot what they like, glocks are good guns but I like teh feel of XDs better and mine has a couple thousand rounds through it with no problems and Ive NEVER cleaned it. Still as smooth as the day I bought it but the trigger does feel better as most have reported with the XDs.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Since the XD series introduction only damn near ever firearm publication has said the XD is a better gun, that has to count for something too right?

At any rate, everyone is going to shoot what they like, glocks are good guns but I like teh feel of XDs better and mine has a couple thousand rounds through it with no problems and Ive NEVER cleaned it. Still as smooth as the day I bought it but the trigger does feel better as most have reported with the XDs.
Because magazines are the be all end all when it comes to a guns? i guess thats why everyone here uses magazines to base there opinions on cars too huh???

Shoot what you like, shoot what you are comfortable with. On a side note, i wouldnt take shooting advice from anyone who has put several thousand rounds through there gun and never cleaned it... even if you are doing it to make a point, its just plain dumb.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Wearin' da big hat

I clean mine after every time I shoot it. Probably overkill, but I like to take care of my guns. Also, stripping down your gun makes you more aware of how it works and gives you a better feel for the gun IMO.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bigdave619
I'd never own a glock. Ive fired about 4 different glocks and everyone has stoves stoves pipe on me. Showed the wife this thread as kind of a hint... Lol she asked what they cost and if I'd want the xd or xdm.... M of course
Limp wristing will do that...

Last edited by 92maro; 11-26-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:56 PM

Because magazines are the be all end all when it comes to a guns? i guess thats why everyone here uses magazines to base there opinions on cars too huh???

Shoot what you like, shoot what you are comfortable with. On a side note, i wouldnt take shooting advice from anyone who has put several thousand rounds through there gun and never cleaned it... even if you are doing it to make a point, its just plain dumb.
Considering how much they rode the nutts of glocks pre XD era, Id say yeah. Im not saying that magazines are the end all for any discussion but it seems everyone who actually owns one has nothing bad to say about them. I dont think its a coincedence.

I just think its funny how glock fanboys are always so quick to defend them when anyone says anything against them. There simply isnt any truly empirical information available that says the glock is a better gun. I think the market share that springfield armory has taken from teh great glock speaks for itself as to how great a gun it is and one might even venture to say a better gun that a glock.

A jam here, a jam there isnt anything to throw a fit about and call a weapon a POS, that kind of "proof" can be readily found on the internet for any of the manufacturers, the simple fact of the matter is Ive never read in any of these firearm threads about an XD jamming nor any of the people I know personally who've put 10s of thousands of rounds through their weapon. Now if you go to the firearm forums of course there are accounts of it happening but they are few and far between.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Considering how much they rode the nutts of glocks pre XD era, Id say yeah. Im not saying that magazines are the end all for any discussion but it seems everyone who actually owns one has nothing bad to say about them. I dont think its a coincedence.

I just think its funny how glock fanboys are always so quick to defend them when anyone says anything against them. There simply isnt any truly empirical information available that says the glock is a better gun. I think the market share that springfield armory has taken from teh great glock speaks for itself as to how great a gun it is and one might even venture to say a better gun that a glock.

A jam here, a jam there isnt anything to throw a fit about and call a weapon a POS, that kind of "proof" can be readily found on the internet for any of the manufacturers, the simple fact of the matter is Ive never read in any of these firearm threads about an XD jamming nor any of the people I know personally who've put 10s of thousands of rounds through their weapon. Now if you go to the firearm forums of course there are accounts of it happening but they are few and far between.
Thats very debatable... A jam at the range, sure no biggy... A jam when someone has broken into you residence and entered your childs bedroom.... different story.

Kinda like how you dont see any LS1 killed my cobra on SVTperformance ??? People who jokey a certain brand tend to overlook its shortcomings and refuse to admit its flaws... If i wanted accurate XD info i wouldnt go to a XD site. Much like if i was looking for Glock failure info i wouldnt go to glock talk...
Old 11-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Wearin' da big hat

The funny thing about the XD pistols is they're really just rebranded cheap HS2000's. Still awesome guns though, even though you pay a few hundred dollars more for one that says Springfield on the side.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on guys, this isn't a glock vs. Xd thread. I was just posting about my new purchase. Anyways, how many of you guys have you chl? Where would you recommend I go?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Check out texasguntalk.com Lots of good info in CHL providers.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:53 AM

Thats very debatable... A jam at the range, sure no biggy... A jam when someone has broken into you residence and entered your childs bedroom.... different story.

Kinda like how you dont see any LS1 killed my cobra on SVTperformance ??? People who jokey a certain brand tend to overlook its shortcomings and refuse to admit its flaws... If i wanted accurate XD info i wouldnt go to a XD site. Much like if i was looking for Glock failure info i wouldnt go to glock talk...
You missed the point of my post skippy, you coveniently didnt bold the part of my statement that makes my point. A video on the internet doesnt mean ****, videos of failures of any gun maker can be found on the internet. Ive never had any sort of misfire from mine or ANY person Ive ever talked to that has an XD. If you like your glocks fine, but dont try and convince people that an XD is an inferior gun because you found a video on the internet of a gun that you have no history on had a problem.

Quick Reply: Bought my first springfield XDm!