why dont i put up good dyno numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks you bad chad for telling it like it is!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by s-10ls1
thanks you bad chad for telling it like it is!
telling what like it is lol!
I bet the price you paid will never go up because of the repuatation he has.
Flaco's prices will go up..maybe not in a couple of days or weeks but eventually it will! He is a good tuner and his name is being put out there. You paid $250 for a backyard tune, you got what you paid for. Badchad paid $250 but he got a good deal, if Flaco had started this a couple of years ago badchad would of paid the going rate. Do you think he would still be charging $250! LMAO.. o.k bud. Good luck! To make this o.k for me to be posting on your thread... I have also personally seen dyno numbers go down because of the wheel size you are running. I bet if you had some 15"s with some drags it would feel like a totally different truck. with the gear ratio you have and tire size it makes it slower.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
Flaco's prices will go up..maybe not in a couple of days or weeks but eventually it will! He is a good tuner and his name is being put out there. You paid $250 for a backyard tune, you got what you paid for. Badchad paid $250 but he got a good deal, if Flaco had started this a couple of years ago badchad would of paid the going rate. Do you think he would still be charging $250! LMAO.. o.k bud. Good luck! To make this o.k for me to be posting on your thread... I have also personally seen dyno numbers go down because of the wheel size you are running. I bet if you had some 15"s with some drags it would feel like a totally different truck. with the gear ratio you have and tire size it makes it slower.
telling it like it is. yeah i payed 250 for me tune and its looking like its not working out for me. bad chad payed 250 from flaco and got a damn good tune. yeah his prices might go up but thats besides the point. but i am not trying to get into it with you. what has been done is done. i plan on getting flaco to do my next tune.

i know my billet wheels hurt me on the dyno. i have some 15 inch drag lites with 26" et streets on them. they are almost the same size as my 20 with a 285/30/20 tire. i know the billet 20s are alot heavier then the 15" drag lite and that hurts my numbers on dyno.

well i plan on getting 1 3/4 long tube headers and a tune by flaco
Old 11-28-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by s-10ls1
telling it like it is. yeah i payed 250 for me tune and its looking like its not working out for me. bad chad payed 250 from flaco and got a damn good tune. yeah his prices might go up but thats besides the point. but i am not trying to get into it with you. what has been done is done. i plan on getting flaco to do my next tune.

i know my billet wheels hurt me on the dyno. i have some 15 inch drag lites with 26" et streets on them. they are almost the same size as my 20 with a 285/30/20 tire. i know the billet 20s are alot heavier then the 15" drag lite and that hurts my numbers on dyno.

well i plan on getting 1 3/4 long tube headers and a tune by flaco
Lt headers will wake it up alot, but you say you are keeping the cats. Why not just get some stock cats and hollow them out. It is just for a visual inspection.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

here is a pic of the headers i am going to get. i am keeping the cats for emissions.

Last edited by s-10ls1; 12-18-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
You may have JUST heard of Flaco but he has been tuning and dealing with LSX cars for many years. I'm not saying his prices won't got up when he opens his shop, I'm sure it will because he will have more overhead. Over the past few years Flaco has helped my tune my turbo car at the track and Never once asked for a dime...

Like I said, just because you take it to someone that does work out of their back yard does not mean you will get poor quality work. Everyone has to start somewhere, I know the sponsors on here did not just wake up one morning and say "I'm going to build LSX based cars for a living and be the best"...

I do agree with you about Chuck other than his prices will only go down in time... LOL
Old 11-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Default dyno numbers

Man I wouldnt sweat the dyno numbers on a stalled auto with heavy tall rims too much. I would get another tune just to be safe and make sure the a/f ratio is ok. The truck already runs damn good. Slap on the headers and get back too the track.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man, prolly getting flaco to tune it friday
Old 12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

you get those long tubes on yet? IMHO I really think they will wake that thing up dramatically, both on the dyno and the only place it really matters, shiny black strip
Old 12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need a fast until you reach some high limits. I was doing 460whp na 600whp n20 with a factory ls6.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
you get those long tubes on yet? IMHO I really think they will wake that thing up dramatically, both on the dyno and the only place it really matters, shiny black strip
no, no long tubes yet. the guy that has the lt for sale in the pic i posted wants a grand for them. last month i sent around 3,500 on my truck from a new tran to a car hauler. i am trying to take it easy on spending right now. got christmas right around the corner and going to colorado is january. but i am getting it retuned by flaco for sure!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ultradriver10000
You don't need a fast until you reach some high limits. I was doing 460whp na 600whp n20 with a factory ls6.
yeah man i am not going to be getting a fast intake anytime soon. unless i find a killer that i cant pass on
Old 12-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

I beleive I seen your truck run out at the angelton track not to long ago. Truck is super quiet but still surprised me on how hard it got out the hole.

Good luck with it.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mr_montellano
I beleive I seen your truck run out at the angelton track not to long ago. Truck is super quiet but still surprised me on how hard it got out the hole.

Good luck with it.
yeah man it was prolly me, i always run at angleton. if you saw it the last time i was there, i ran my best times ever that night! its not bad for a bagged street truck and thanks for the kind words
Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

well i thought i would post a lil update for you guys. i got my truck retuned by flaco friday. i must say he is a really cool guy and answered all of the questions i had. the truck is running really good. i got him to change the way it shifts and the speed the converter locks at. he also made it were it doesnt lock up in 3rd gear.
To all of the people that were wondering about my tune from chuck,flaco said there wasnt anything really bad with the tune. flaco just knocked down the timing some and changed alot of small things. also, he said the WOT was fine.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

also it was a street tune, no dyno tune just yet. so for now i dont know the hp it puts out. i still havent gotten LT headers, thats why i havent put it on the dyno.