Thank You Cowboys!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've already blown our shot at Peterson and are quickly blowing our shot at Prince... we need to pick up atleast 1 G and 1 T in the first 4 rounds as well as a CB and a FS.

Doug Free has been a very solid LT all year - he's gone up against a "who's who" list of pass rushers and our running game behind him has been very strong. Freeney is the first person to get the better of Free and even then he only had 4 or so bad plays out of 50+. He's definately not an issue compared to the rest of the OL.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I understand why Garrett is doing what he is doing but **** the season is blown lets pick up a good O lineman with a good draft pick and some recievers that actualy catch the ball. I hope JG gets rid of Roy Williams, thats hard for me to say being a UT fan but he sucks and is a waste of money.
Absolutely ridiculous post.

The Cowboys have got to be in everyone's top 3 with regards to WR talent. Austin, Williams, and Bryant, plus Witten, Bennett, and Phillips... and that's seriously the part that you decide to pick on? Not to mention the quality WR backups in Hurd, and Ogletree. I think I would smash my TV if I see a WR picked up in this year's draft.

As for the O line, if we want to make some improvements in this year's draft it will need to be in free agency, and the later rounds of the draft. There isn't really much first round talent from what I have read.

The first pick should be secondary if a quality one is available. Safety is a major weakness, but I think we should address Newman's age by picking up Peterson, or Prince at the CB position. I doubt they are available when we pick though.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
This is the most retarded post I have ever seen... Cowboys arguably have the best core of WRs in the league... Dez Bryant (healthy), Miles, Roy, and Witten? Throw in Hurd or Ogletree, or Marty B if one of those go down... I'm not being a homer, just stating the obvious, WRs are not the problem. Plus we have a bigger need with the defensive secondary and O-line.

Roy has performed well enough to stay on the roster. He is not a problem.
Originally Posted by Juicy J
Absolutely ridiculous post.

The Cowboys have got to be in everyone's top 3 with regards to WR talent. Austin, Williams, and Bryant, plus Witten, Bennett, and Phillips... and that's seriously the part that you decide to pick on? Not to mention the quality WR backups in Hurd, and Ogletree. I think I would smash my TV if I see a WR picked up in this year's draft.

As for the O line, if we want to make some improvements in this year's draft it will need to be in free agency, and the later rounds of the draft. There isn't really much first round talent from what I have read.

The first pick should be secondary if a quality one is available. Safety is a major weakness, but I think we should address Newman's age by picking up Peterson, or Prince at the CB position. I doubt they are available when we pick though.
Do you two just watch the highlight reels or actually watch the game? RW is absolutely horrible. I agree we have some decent WRs but thats where it ends, they drop way too many damn *****, theyre almost as bad at UT. Have any of you actually looked at RW's stats? They SUCK, especially for how much money JJ is wasting on him.
http://www.nfl.com/players/roye.will...e?id=WIL511864
Whitten and Dez are decent this year but even Dez that ya'll are talking up doesnt have very good numbers either. RW and Dez both have HALF the yds of Andre Johnson and RW is making almost THREE times as much as Andre.

You people need to pay attention instead of watching the ESPN highlight reel on Mondays.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you two just watch the highlight reels or actually watch the game? RW is absolutely horrible. I agree we have some decent WRs but thats where it ends, they drop way too many damn *****, theyre almost as bad at UT. Have any of you actually looked at RW's stats? They SUCK, especially for how much money JJ is wasting on him.
http://www.nfl.com/players/roye.will...e?id=WIL511864
Whitten and Dez are decent this year but even Dez that ya'll are talking up doesnt have very good numbers either. RW and Dez both have HALF the yds of Andre Johnson and RW is making almost THREE times as much as Andre.

You people need to pay attention instead of watching the ESPN highlight reel on Mondays.
Sounds like you're the one sippin' that BSPN haterade. I haven't missed one Cowboys game since 93'. Try again.

Andre Johnson is a number 1 WR. You're comparing him to Roy who has WRs and TEs around him, like hmm lets see -- Miles Austin (who since starting last year has more receiving yards than any other WR in the league), Jason Witten (who imho is the #1 TE in the league, and will be a future HOF'er), and Dez who emerged this year. Roy Williams' stats are a product of JG's playbook, and spreading the ball around to all of the talent on this team. Not Roy's "lack of skill".

You're logic is stupid. Ok lets get rid of Roy Williams, and spend a draft pick on a rookie WR in the draft (when we have other needs like OL and DBs) who will have to learn the playbook anyways and get accustomed to the speed of NFL (who knows how that will pan out, some WRs pick it up quickly, others take 1-3 seasons to finally break out, others never do), so lets regress one spot on our roster, while still having to pay for that WR we let go in place for a rookie.

Yeah, great ******* idea

We can have 5 Andre Johnson's on this team. It wouldn't matter if we don't have the protection up front to give our QB time to get the ball to them.

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 12-06-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:43 PM

Youre god damn right Im comparing RW to a #1 reciever because he is getting paid almost THREE times MORE than a #1 reciever. He is NOT worth the money is my point. We need to quit wasting money on him, cut our losses and move on. The Texans only use AJ huh?
http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=HOU
Have you forgotten about the one man wrecking crew that is Arian Foster?

Did you also not watch him lose the game for us week before last when he didnt protect the football on his what shouldve been a TD run? He knew he was being pursued, cover the damn football up.

Not denying Whitten is a beast and will be a HOF'er if he continues on, but I also stated we need O lineman too. With the 13mil/yr salary of RW think of all we could do with that. Much more beneficial than a mediocre at best WR in RW.

You must sleep through the games then because Im seeing a much different team than you are. Im not blinded by the fact that I love the Cowboys, they need a lot of improvement and their recieving isnt getting the job done.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Youre god damn right Im comparing RW to a #1 reciever because he is getting paid almost THREE times MORE than a #1 reciever. He is NOT worth the money is my point. We need to quit wasting money on him, cut our losses and move on. The Texans only use AJ huh?

Did you also not watch him lose the game for us week before last when he didnt protect the football on his what shouldve been a TD run? He knew he was being pursued, cover the damn football up.

Not denying Whitten is a beast and will be a HOF'er if he continues on, but I also stated we need O lineman too. With the 13mil/yr salary of RW think of all we could do with that. Much more beneficial than a mediocre at best WR in RW.

You must sleep through the games then because Im seeing a much different team than you are. Im not blinded by the fact that I love the Cowboys, they need a lot of improvement and their recieving isnt getting the job done.
You forget who the hand under the sock is in all this nfl operations. Jerry Jones, you can complain about players and salary all you want but look at the facts. Dez Bryant is a better receiver than Roy and look who gets the #2 slot on every pass attempt. Another example is Marion Barber, overpayed, injured every other week yet a more healthy and speedy back like Tashard Choice only got 14 touches untill yesterdays game. Why $$$$ and pride. As much as I hated on Jason Garrett these few years as a OC I must admit I was wrong. Bill Cower would be nice but ive been hearing alot of news talk about how the Ravens and a few other teams actually made offers at Jason I can see the cowboys going deep into the playoffs next year. Better luck next year
Old 12-06-2010, 03:15 PM

Ive ALWAYS stated the #1 problem with the Cowboys is JJ. If we got rid of him I think we couldve even made it over the Wade problems. Barber has been dismal thats for sure. There are a lot of roster changes that need to be made, trim some fat and get some fresh faces in. Id like to see Gruden make his way over to Dallas but Ive read where the U may be getting him. A while back I also read rumors about Stoops heading 167 miles south too. Who knows, Garrett is audtioning right now so we'll see. Id still really like to know how we have an offense all of the sudden when Garrett is still calling the plays. Was Wade shooting down Garrett's calls(doubt with his D background), was Garrett making bad calls to make Wade look bad, or is Garrett's leadership really changed things that much? I hope its the later. I also agree Dez is MUCH better than RW and deserves a piece of his cheese.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

You're all welcome! You guys need the wins more than we do.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:39 PM

I wouldnt be too happy, Peyton has looked like **** the last couple of games, ya'll arent going anywhere unless he gets his **** straight ASAP.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jesus christ yall crack me up, your acting someone insulted your first born child or something. Bottom line is Peyton isn't in the right frame of mind right now and the Cowboys took advantage. Garrett is looking pretty good right now and im optimistic to see what the Cowboys do next season...
Old 12-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned

I never said they only use AJ, I was implying that he isn't surrounded by as much talent as Roy is at the WR positions here in Dallas.

Roy didn't lose that game. It was just a good play made by Jenkins. Roy did cover the ball. Regardless, the game wasn't over at that point. HAD RW not fumbled, the offense still needed to score a touchdown to make it a two position game. And who's to say if they were stopped and went for a FG, the saints offense wouldn't have marched down the field and went for two to win the game? Besides, after the fumble, the defense still had the opportunity to stop them to win the game, they didn't, and they lost. The entire team lost that game. Bueler missed a kick as well that would have sent the game in overtime.

Their recieving isnt getting the job done.
Salary aside, find me 4 other players at the WR/TE position on the same team together as talented as Dez, Miles, RW, and Witten.

You're probably the same "fan" that was calling for Choice to be cut after the fumble for TD in Washington in week 1, but was all over his nuts this past game, and saying he needs to start.

I'll tell you who's a waste of space on this team that is getting over-paid; Newman and Barber. Cut those guys, get a quality CB, OL, and S in the draft. Newman is old already, and Barber's days of being the lead back are over.

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 12-06-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

2 things...

1.) It's never a good day to be a Cowboys fan.

2.) It doesn't really matter because the Cowboys suck and won't win the division no matter what happens.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok I kind of sifted through all of that crap. You know so much about the Cowboys but you can't spell one of the most widely known player in the league's name? I will let you figure out who I am talking about.

Do you expect Dez to come out of college and be the top receiver in the league in his first year? The guy is the #3... You have a horrible point. Regardless, you are crazy if you don't see the talent and the big play ability of this kid. Every time he gets the ball you don't know what's going to happen.

You seem to be getting stuck up on Roy Williams. Roy is overpaid, no doubt about that. JJ would probably admit that. But after seeing him this year, I would love to keep him if he accepts a big pay cut. The guy has been looking a lot better this year. They didn't even start throwing the ball to him much until Romo went down.

Receiving is this team's biggest strength. When you have so many capable guys, no one is going to put up huge stats. Mix in the fact that the Oline can't stop ****, and Kitna has to run around and pretend he is Mike Vick, and we can't get a run game going (except for yesterday), it's a wonder that anyone has caught a ball.

Miles Austin was putting up big numbers until Romo went down. Kitna tends to spread the ball to everyone evenly. No one is going to put up huge numbers on this team with the way the offense is being run by Kitna.

Collectively as a team however, the Cowboys are ranked #5 in passing yards. Pretty good for a team that was in such a huge slump for 7 games.

I really don't get your point, and I don't think you have a clue about what you are talking about.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, his name is Witten
Old 12-06-2010, 06:51 PM

All you two have to back you up is your opinion, post up some actual numbers if Im such an idiot to prove me otherwise. Not that it matters as we've got more problems than an overpaid, under-performing reciever staff. BFD I spelled Witten wrong, I was busy taking care of my 2 month old son and typing a couple sentences at a time. Hell the tab I pulled his stats off of has his name right at the top.

We'll have to agree to disagree I suppose, either way a lot has to happen for us to do anything worthwhile, but we'll get there a lot easier than the Texans.

And jmorgan, we've already won our division before and a few super bowls so its your team that has to prove itself. So your NEVER comment doesnt exactly work since its already been done, and Id make a wager that we will win ANOTHER division championship before your precious Texans.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Banned

All you two have to back you up is your opinion, post up some actual numbers if Im such an idiot to prove me otherwise. Not that it matters as we've got more problems than an overpaid, under-performing reciever staff.
I've come to the conclusion that arguing with you is like arguing with a tree.

I just told you to find me a WR/TE combo like; Miles, Dez (when healthy), Roy, and Witten. I should probably throw Marty B in there just because I think he blocks just as well as Witten, and could probably start with any other team in the NFL.

Then you reply with "post some numbers"?? WTF??? Have you ever even played a down of football in your life??? If you have, you'd know that defense and a solid running attack (backed by a good offensive line) is what wins championships, not WRs. If you don't believe me, go back and look at the previous SB winners of this decade.

Even if Roy were cut/traded, Dallas' receiving core is better than 3/4s of the league in Dez/Miles/Witten/Felix/Choice/Marty B. Having Roy is just another weapon on the field. Even with this season's slump, and having to have Kitna in, this receiving core ranks 5th in the league in passing yards.

YOU have no stats to prove anything. All you have is your opinion. If you think other WRs on other teams don't drop ***** or fumble, then you're just plain retarded. Yes, we've had our fair share of bad luck with dropped ***** off WR's hands for interceptions, but some of that was ball placement and premature reads by Romo or Kitna because the offensive line would give up pressure too quick.

WR is not a need on this football team, anyone that has been following the Cowboys for the past season could tell you that. This aint college football.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jmorgan
2 things...

1.) It's never a good day to be a Cowboys fan.

2.) It doesn't really matter because the Cowboys suck and won't win the division no matter what happens.
Damn your right, both teams will be watching the playoffs from home. I just wish they could have played each other so one of the two fans would have NOTHING to say and just STFU. Oh wait.......
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Cowboys need to keep all receivers, draft secondary and one LB in the 1st 4 rounds then spend ALOT of late picks on O and D Linemen. If there is any market for Barber trade his *** and draft a 3rd string back in the later rounds, preferably a smaller QUICK/FAST back for a change of pace and a new weapon. Also see what trades can be made to get experienced linemen. The most important thing they need right now is in the trenches and the defensive secondary.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All you two have to back you up is your opinion, post up some actual numbers if Im such an idiot to prove me
Originally Posted by Juicy J
Collectively as a team however, the Cowboys are ranked #5 in passing yards. Pretty good for a team that was in such a huge slump for 7 games.
I feel like using stats as like dyno racing, but I already posted your numbers. That's not an opinion.

Since you decided to compare our 2 and 3 to Andre, did you compare the Texans 2 and 3 to Andre? It doesn't really work out in your argument's favor does it? Your argument about the money is really the only point that is worth mentioning. The Cowboys overpaid Roy. It was a mistake, and everyone knows it. That doesn't take away the fact that Roy has been a good backup this year. He may not be "worth" the kind of money he is making, but I would love to keep him if he would take a major pay cut. If Roy goes this off season, then I would love to give Kevin Ogletree a chance.

BFD I spelled Witten wrong, I was busy taking care of my 2 month old son and typing a couple sentences at a time.
I wouldn't have pointed it out if you hadn't done it in two different posts. I am finding it hard to believe it was a mistake.

I just think it's ridiculous to say the Cowboys need another receiver. It's not like I am saying we don't have any weaknesses, because we have huge holes, but receiver is not one of them. I guess it's not worth arguing with you about though, because I don't think even Jerry Jones would be capable of making the mistake of wasting a top draft pick on another WR.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:35 PM

Whatever you say, its no secret we have no running game but I attribute that more to the lack of blocking for any of our RBs. But you have to have a passing game to open up the run too, they go hand in hand. If the D backs arent worried about our recievers a RB is going to have a hell of a time getting anything done.

Cool, we are ranked 5th in passing, and what has that gotten us? They DONT make plays when we need them to. Case in point RW last week. Its the same lowlight reel that the Texans fans are used to. Great numbers on paper that dont mean **** in the real world.

As far as the reciever combo
http://www.nfl.com/standings
take your pick of pretty much any of the top teams, while they may not put up the bling yardage their recieving scores points.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Banned

Cool, we are ranked 5th in passing, and what has that gotten us? They DONT make plays when we need them to. Case in point RW last week. Its the same lowlight reel that the Texans fans are used to. Great numbers on paper that dont mean **** in the real world.
Dude are you ******* blind or just ignorant, or what? Just go look at the Colts game. How many ***** did WRs drop that were catchable? Just that one that Miles dropped on a streak that was batted down by #20. Kitna didn't have an incompletion till the last drive of the first HALF. Roy had a key completion for 22 yards on 2nd and 19 that extended a drive. And also had that 2pt conversion, and 3rd down completion that extended another drive.

What is "make plays when they need them" to you? 100 yard bombs? What the **** WR is going to catch EVERY ball thrown to them? None, so STFU already. You're retarded if you continue arguing that WR is a problem on this team. I'm not even going to comment on that anymore. I've proven my point, you've done nothing but fathom 5 Andre Johnson's on this team, and that's not happening. We've got more than enough talent at the WR position on this team to win.