San Antonio Peeps. Restaurant Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elireyes1
Ruth's Chris, Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs....
The Ruth Chris is a chain, but a much better experience than the one in Houston. The jazz bar on the 2nd floor on the weekends really livens up the atmosphere. The food was right on par with the one in Houston. The restaurant is more enjoyable than the one in Houston, it is more open, much less stuffy, and you can go upstairs and have a good time at the bar. It borders on getting in to a bad area outside of downtown, but the historic locamotive and tracks make it neat.

The only PF I have been to, is the one at La Cantera. Just a normal PF with in a crowded mall.

Hands down, my favorite place to grub at, is Mi Tierra. Great food, awesome, historic SA atmosphere, and they will adjust and make any dish that you want off the menu. Yes, it has a lot of tourist, but that is what you expect in SA. They have a great Pablano sauce, and can do it a few ways. The bar is super cool. Makes you think that you are back 100 years if you go in at 1-2am after hitting the bars.(old hispanic cowboys on some nights in big groups) Really a great place.

http://www.mitierracafe.com/

Last edited by winters97gt; 12-22-2010 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Hands down, my favorite place to grub at, is Mi Tierra. Great food, awesome, historic SA atmosphere, and they will adjust and make any dish that you want off the menu. Yes, it has a lot of tourist, but that is what you expect in SA. They have a great Pablano sauce, and can do it a few ways. The bar is super cool. Makes you think that you are back 100 years if you go in at 1-2am after hitting the bars.(old hispanic cowboys on some nights in big groups) Really a great place.

http://www.mitierracafe.com/

You can't go to San Antonio with out going to Mi Tierra. The bakery there is awesome also. I have to say that I too went to Saltgrass, it was good. I think they had the best margarita on the riverwalk and I tried one from just about every place.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HotRod68Camaro
Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
Definitely, hands down the best service in San Antonio!

or

Thai Chili...great Thai food

or

Piccolos Italian Restuarant...good Italian food

or

Coco Chocolate Bar & Bistro...its not bad French food