I'm getting real tired of Toyota feeding the "green" movement...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm getting real tired of Toyota feeding the "green" movement...

I was watching the Orange Bowl and a Toyota Prius commercial grabbed my attention. Some girl was talking about the glorious solar powered ventilation system for the Pruis. "Why don't we install solar powered ventilation systems for medical tents in third world countries?" It was one of those Ideas For Good Toyota commercials. I nearly spit out my drink in disbelief that Toyota is going that low to sell a useless 2000 dollar option.

Toyota is basically brain washing their target audience, the damn uneducated tree huggers. This is what Toyota is pretty much saying in that commercial.

"Hey hippie, put down the bong and granola bar and listen up. Check out this **** we made for the mother earth saving Pruis. We installed a solar power on the roof that airs out the weed in your Pruis. Sure it doesn't work very well because solar power is a inefficient and expensive energy source but you are saving the planet buying this worthless option. Hold on, I just thought of the greatest idea of all time. Take a bong rip and think of this for a second. What if we installed our AMAZING solar powered ventilation system on tents for sick people in poor countries? Now those sick, poor people can be slightly ventilated with this useless and expensive technology!! Yay!!! Now that you feel good about Toyota, the company that had the most recalls last year, go out there and buy yourself a Pruis with solar powered ventilation system."

Its called "green marketing". Any company that says it's going green for the environment is lying to some extent. For example, I'm sure y'all have noticed that water bottles have a thinner design by now. In Texas I'm going to say that Ozarka was the first company to change their bottle design. It says on the bottle that we saved XX% of plastic by switching to this revolutionary new design to help save the environment. Really Ozarka is saying that we saved XX% of money by switching to this more efficient new design to help save the our company from rising petroleum prices. Now every water bottle company switched to a thinner bottle.

The whole perception of "going green" is completely backwards in America due to "green marketing" and lack of education about energy policy. "Going green" simply means saving dollar dollar bills y'all not saving trees and whales.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

True and wind energy is the most ridiculous **** ever.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, don't knock wind energy. I know an older guy who wants to start up a wind turbine company, and wants me onboard. Lol. Hell, if we could turn heat and humidity into energy, Texas would be rich.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm no expert by any means, but wind energy seems like Its doing well out in west texas. And I'm no hippie, but it seems that if we can get any kind of substantial energy from other sources, Its only gonna help us. And I'm not saying instead of oil, but rather in addition to.

But calm down, its only advertising. Companies target all kinds of groups in different ads, trying to appeal to as many people as possible. Most of it is annoying. A car company pretending to care about the environment is hardly worth crying about. There are surely worse things on TV.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Launching!

Yeah, The winds free lol

might as well use it,

And let the dickweeds run their E85 in their Pruises

It lowers demand and makes dino fuel cheaper at the pump

Supply vs demand
Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

You see green energy, I see green money. It might be because I am a business consultant.

I know what you are saying though, about the hippie/liberal movement on that topic. I live in Austin...
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texas94z
"Hey hippie, put down the bong and granola bar and listen up.

Why do you gotta be a hippie if you have a bong? And why would you have to put it down to listen up?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

The green movement is nothing more than an opportunity for governments and corporations to make money.

I am curious as to how it will pan out for the NASCAR green AE flag idea.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

It's asinine. There's nothing "green" about it.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Godamn hippiessssssssssss!!!!!

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 01-04-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can we get a commercial about the energy cost to manufacture those vehicles, maybe a documentary on the nickle mines that provide the material for the battery? Perhaps we could even cover the unregulated smog and byproducts produced when the chinese make the battery components? California knows about that, heck they get smog storms coming across the sea from them! Or how about covering the cost vs efficiency of the solar panel they are paying such inordinate amounts for?

I'm all for efficiency, clean fuels, and renewable sources, isn't that what the hotrods are all about? Getting the most out of a motor, more airflow, a better tune, higher VE yields?

The day something truly game changing comes along, I will be right there to welcome it. But I definitely agree, I am too damn tired of seeing people buy into these lies and commercial campaigns playing on a customers guilt to hook them.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Why do you gotta be a hippie if you have a bong? And why would you have to put it down to listen up?
Dont start laughing in the middle of a hit and blow bong water everywhere
Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wind energy is the least dense form of energy. As in take the most area per unit generated.

Its also not as green as most think. The turbines force warm air down and can greatly affect local environment. Some scientists are starting to say that a huge wind farm can even alter wind currents.

Its ****
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shackleford
It's asinine. There's nothing "green" about it.
for once, I think you're right lol
Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Too bad he is no longer with us....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw
Old 01-04-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
for once, I think you're right lol
lol.

People forget carbon dioxide is essential for photosynthesis. Basically, it's "plant food." It's simply a chemical reaction. Two separate things change the actual rate of a chemical reaction - changing the energy or changing the concentration of the reactants. An increased concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will increase plant growth.

If there is such a thing as global warming or cooling, it's not anthropogenic, and it's not from carbon emissions. It is definitely solar energy. Solar energy drives all atmospheric processes. Every storm is a solar storm.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
I'm no expert by any means, but wind energy seems like Its doing well out in west texas. And I'm no hippie, but it seems that if we can get any kind of substantial energy from other sources, Its only gonna help us. And I'm not saying instead of oil, but rather in addition to.

But calm down, its only advertising. Companies target all kinds of groups in different ads, trying to appeal to as many people as possible. Most of it is annoying. A car company pretending to care about the environment is hardly worth crying about. There are surely worse things on TV.
it's doing well because it's government subsidized.

IT really isn't that good, and costs a lot to build the mills, and they take forever to return the money as well as they break.... Nuclear is where it's at. If there weren't so many hippies around and they could build a deep well storage facility we would be set... oh well.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

its not Toyota..it sounds very ignorant just to blame them..LOL

its the damn liberals and congress...Toyota just smart enough to make money out of it..

do you really think that those Japs really care what happens to our enviroment!!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sc300
its not Toyota..it sounds very ignorant just to blame them..LOL

its the damn liberals and congress...Toyota just smart enough to make money out of it..

do you really think that those Japs really care what happens to our enviroment!!
he speaks the truth. the japanese obviously hate the environment

Old 01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Domsz06
i they could build a deep well storage facility we would be set...
We already did! Look up Yucca Mountain.

Democratic Nevada Senator Harry Reid, a long time opponent of the repository, became the Senate Majority Leader, putting him in a position to greatly affect the future of the project. Reid has said that he would continue to work to block completion of the project, and is quoted as having said: "Yucca Mountain is dead. It'll never happen."[7]

Quick Reply: I'm getting real tired of Toyota feeding the "green" movement...