car stolen lastnignt

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DPRock
Garage dog they want it they getting it. the house next to me had thier jeep stolen locked up in the garage 2 dogs
Yes, if professionals want YOUR exact car... they are going to get it.

However, if they just want "a car" they are going to move on to the house with the car sitting in the (preferably dark) driveway and no Rottweiler.

You don't have to make your car theft-proof. You just have to make it harder than some other cars on the block. If some junkies just need to boost a car to get their next fix, they are going to pick the low-hanging fruit.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry that sucks. Someone tried to steal my old Camaro and I caught them and they did not even care. They just got back in there car and drove on, they even stopped at the stop sign in front of my house and then went.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:58 AM
12 Second Club

Man that sucks I'll keep an eye out sorry SOBs
Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A while ago I saw a really interesting and clever article about a guy who bought a super cheap Trac Phone and hard wired it into his motorcycle. The phone itself was cheap but had GPS location on it (usually used for 911 calls), and he paid the bare minimum to keep it in service.

Really good idea for GPS location...wouldn't it be nice to be able to make a phone call to the police, have them track the phone and be able to find out where your car is at?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

Well guys you may laugh but I'm going to go pick up a 2001 Ford Taurus only 57,000 miles needs a transmission but no big deal that's what I do for a living getting cheap going to try and flip it.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Teching In

I don't even live anywhere near Texas, I just saw this post while scrolling through. I'm so sorry man, I couldn't even imagine how you must feel My condolences to you
Old 01-08-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks so bad man.
I have reason to believe someone(s) are trying to get into my car at night. WTF is with these idiots??
Old 01-08-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish someone would steal my car so I could get into a C6Z

Why would the cops bring up that it could be the lien holder that took it? Were you not paying the bill?
Old 01-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

No I always paid my payment even extra
Old 01-08-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Huh, everyones silver birds are getting fucked with. Hey man I'm in the DFW area, I'll REALLY keep my eyes open. That sucks so bad, I can't imagine what a shitty feeling that must be. Best of luck to you!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Huh, everyones silver birds are getting fucked with. Hey man I'm in the DFW area, I'll REALLY keep my eyes open. That sucks so bad, I can't imagine what a shitty feeling that must be. Best of luck to you!
hell yea now evertime and anywhere I go and hear something that sounds anywhere close to mine I find myself running outside to check!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

WTF I been calling the Garland Police Department for 2 days nobody calls me back. Insurance company sent me letters to fill out but the officer didnt write his Id# or his name. Im starting to think they are playing games with me. I talked to a Dallas police officer the day after the car was stolen. I asked him if he knew the info about my car he got into his car and looked it up but nothing. He asked me when it was stolen I told him and he replied back saying they havent got the info from garland yet but shouldve had it already. So he took all the info from me about the car plate number vin number.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Dont think I posted my vin 2G2FV22G422136445 I hate this and hope this doesnt happen to any of you guys. Wish my phone would ring and a voice telling me my car was found few parts missing so this can be over with.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Launching!

sucks man ill keep my eyes open
Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

I'm sorry bro.... It would kill me to lose my baby bird... Honestly, I would probably cry. I'm in Ft Worth but I ALWAYS notice another WS6... if it passes by me I WILL see it...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

any updates?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
A while ago I saw a really interesting and clever article about a guy who bought a super cheap Trac Phone and hard wired it into his motorcycle. The phone itself was cheap but had GPS location on it (usually used for 911 calls), and he paid the bare minimum to keep it in service.

Really good idea for GPS location...wouldn't it be nice to be able to make a phone call to the police, have them track the phone and be able to find out where your car is at?
that's pretty cool as long as they continue to drive it.

Motorcycles are normally parted out and sold all the parts on ebay (esp if it's a sport bike) so not real sure how well the track phone would work since they would find it and prob just smash it... But if he could located it soon enough (only takes about an hr tops to scrap a bike) He might be able to get his parts back lol
Old 02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Well insurance company told me today that ill be getting a letter in the mail around the 19th of this month telling me how much they are paying wells fargo and what ill be getting after that. She wouldnt tell me how much they are paying only that it will be paid off.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DPRock
Well insurance company told me today that ill be getting a letter in the mail around the 19th of this month telling me how much they are paying wells fargo and what ill be getting after that. She wouldnt tell me how much they are paying only that it will be paid off.
Hey man I will keep an eye open and I wish you the best. Atleast you know you won't owe anything for the car. Now we can only hope for a little extra to get you started again if you don't get the car back.

- Charlie
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Man that sucks atleast there gonna pay it off, it sucks to see one these modern day classics taken!! My truck was stolen almost 2yrs ago I had full coverage thankfully they deemed it a total loss. I dont thinks its ever been recovered, I always keep full coverage I also have gap on my z28 seeing how I owe alittle more than its worth. I guess the cops wanted you to verify that they didnt repo the car I guess to many people thinking there cars are stolen when they are just getting repoed. I did some repo work with a buddy a few times I know some people were mad when they got off work or got up and there car was gone lol. Yea here in Houston they are getting bad on stealing cars using tow dollys and tow trucks they had almost got me twice using a tow truck it sucks everyday I walk out and see my car sitting there im thankfull.