afghanistan.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Be safe!!! Lets us know what location you end up at.

Also what branch?
Marines
Old 01-09-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Kick some *** Brian!

Swing by the shop when you get back!
you know it, and actually my pops might swing by with it while i'm gone. he's supposed to be fixing some issues so it's ready to drive when i come back. he has yalls number

Originally Posted by bigdave619
damn lucky ***!! as much as it sucks deploying to some **** hole it makes u appreciate everything so much more when you get back. not to mention that the coin you make is damn good too....

be safe. what are your plans for the car??
yup i'm ready to go.

and as far as plans go...clutch, master cylinder, flywheel, motor mounts, top end tear down, valve job, port/polish/mill(799's), comp lifters, YT rockers and possibly an EPS cam to replace the 224r.

Originally Posted by dickster86
See you when you get back Brian!
yeah it'll be around december when i actually make it back to texas. i'm missin all the meets. i don't know what to do with myself

Originally Posted by v8sten
Marines
kill.

thanks for all the good wishes!
and btw i'll be on the NTM-A misson.
http://www.ntm-a.com/

Last edited by brian_rs/ss; 01-15-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:32 PM
9 Second Club

go teach them sand n!gg3rs ............... DEVIL!!!

hehehe
Old 01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

bro you will be come a facebook addict and welcome to the clan im currently in qatar boring as hell and good luck and be safe!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Good luck Brian and be safe. Damn man making me wish I had gotten a run in with you before you had a power AND weight advantage.... hopefully i'll have something for you when u get back. God be with you buddy
Old 01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TxAgWS6
Good luck Brian and be safe. Damn man making me wish I had gotten a run in with you before you had a power AND weight advantage.... hopefully i'll have something for you when u get back. God be with you buddy
yeah me too. but as of lately my clutch has been slippin and i developed an unknown tick. i hope it's just an exhaust leak lol. but let me tell you i got my work cut out for me here in cali, soooooo much rice and more mustang gt's than i've ever seen in one area.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Well speaking of clutches I grenades mine on the belt and I 10 in fourth gear about a month ago. Monster here I come!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

careful with those monsters, i watched a buddy of mine snap his drive shaft at the track. he had a stage 3 though.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i want to go back there...i loved my deployment there

best of luck man...stay safe and **** some **** up, haha
Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
i want to go back there...i loved my deployment there

best of luck man...stay safe and **** some **** up, haha
Not to sound shitty but you must have had a pogue job to say you enjoyed your stay in a combat zone. I was a grunt and ******* hated it. Getting shot at and mortared everynight isn't very fun. Just my opinion. To the op, good luck.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redws618
Not to sound shitty but you must have had a pogue job to say you enjoyed your stay in a combat zone. I was a grunt and ******* hated it. Getting shot at and mortared everynight isn't very fun. Just my opinion.
well...

#1, when you start like that, it will sound shitty.
#2, while i was out there, i was asked to extend for more time with the army units there. but the higher ups denied the request.
#3, what i did over there is irrelavant. i still got motared, and i was still over there doing my job to make sure the mission got done.
#4, i have serveral friends (some SF) that were getting shot and were in the trenchs with the grunts and they are trying to go back.
#5, i am voluteering for 2 more trips in the next year. one will be another "pogue" job. but the other, i am fighting to get out to a foward location to do my part.
#6, what happens over there isnt fun, i know that. all the motars, gun fire, being a way from your family all sucks. but, to me, that doesnt out weigh the feeling of accomplishment that i would get from doing what i was trained to do.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:24 AM
TECH Addict

lol you dumb grunt, you mispelled pog. personnel other than grunt.

on to a lighter note. a little terminal lance to set the mood.

Last edited by brian_rs/ss; 01-11-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never did understand the boots running out to buy $150 digital camo backpacks full of so much ****, they gotta lean forward while they walk up and down mainside... WTF you got in there mang?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

Be safe and get some!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VinR1
I never did understand the boots running out to buy $150 digital camo backpacks full of so much ****, they gotta lean forward while they walk up and down mainside... WTF you got in there mang?
what's even worse is they travel in packs around oceanside like that with their high and stupid, digi back packs, polo shirts tucked into dad jeans and combat boots i NEVER did **** like that as a boot...wtf are they teaching these kids now n days?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
what's even worse is they travel in packs around oceanside like that with their high and stupid, digi back packs, polo shirts tucked into dad jeans and combat boots i NEVER did **** like that as a boot...wtf are they teaching these kids now n days?

Some things never change.

Good luck over there, and stay safe. Semper Fi.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good luck man , be safe and like people say come back alive. Also keep an eye on Jordan out there bro. I need him still for the hook up on tires lol .
Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

There's a Simpsons quote I have been looking for about the Marines for the last 30 minutes that I think you would get a kick out of. Do you know how hard it is to find an exact Simpson's quote?

Anyway it goes kinda like this.

Pilot: Anything for a fellow Marine
Homer: Yea...Semper fudge.
Pilot: Did you just say Semper fudge?
Homer: No, I said the right thing.

Thank you for your service.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
Hell yeah! that brings back some memories

I would say its a POG thing but at ITB there was always a pack of grunts walking around, redonkulous high and tights, digi back packs about to burst, and dog tags hangin' out their Ed Hardy size small shirts

the POGs didnt get off base libo until the weekend before they graduated MCT so if you actually hung around saturday mornings, our Co Commander and 1stSgt (Delta Co bitches!) would always smoke cigs on the bleachers and make fun of them as they ran after the shuttles
Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by red281gt
good luck man , be safe and like people say come back alive. Also keep an eye on Jordan out there bro. I need him still for the hook up on tires lol .
you and me both, i need a set of nitto's in the worst way. sadly though he's gonna be in a different part of the country than me. he's actually going to one of the hottest regions in the country.

Originally Posted by Alex41
There's a Simpsons quote I have been looking for about the Marines for the last 30 minutes that I think you would get a kick out of. Do you know how hard it is to find an exact Simpson's quote?

Anyway it goes kinda like this.

Pilot: Anything for a fellow Marine
Homer: Yea...Semper fudge.
Pilot: Did you just say Semper fudge?
Homer: No, I said the right thing.

Thank you for your service.
i love the simpsons.

Originally Posted by VinR1
Hell yeah! that brings back some memories

I would say its a POG thing but at ITB there was always a pack of grunts walking around, redonkulous high and tights, digi back packs about to burst, and dog tags hangin' out their Ed Hardy size small shirts

the POGs didnt get off base libo until the weekend before they graduated MCT so if you actually hung around saturday mornings, our Co Commander and 1stSgt (Delta Co bitches!) would always smoke cigs on the bleachers and make fun of them as they ran after the shuttles
oh god i forgot about the ed hardy ****....

Quick Reply: afghanistan.