Roll Racing Vettes

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Did I hurt some feelings?

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to say that roll racers have no driving skill. I should have worded it differently, guys who refuse to go from a dig have no driving skill. I still enjoy an occasional roll race. But, I'm also not scared to go from a dig, or off a tree.

I think some roll racers are allergic to the race track, or having to use 1st gear. LOL
Old 01-12-2011, 12:47 PM
it is on low boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wink

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to say that roll racers have no driving skill. I should have worded it differently, guys who refuse to go from a dig have no driving skill. I still enjoy an occasional roll race. But, I'm also not scared to go from a dig, or off a tree.

I think some roll racers are allergic to the race track, or having to use 1st gear. LOL
YESSSSSSS!

Tony and I will be drag racing very soon!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick K
Absolutely! Put some 19's on your car, like mine, and lets do it! You name the place, time, money! I'm always down to race!
almost was going to give you props......
Old 01-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Not really. Some people autoX, some think drifting is a sport, some will only race 1/8 mile, etc. All it really means is that they chose to do that with their car. Not everyone wants a car that can do a little bit of everything. Some just want to be like Supras and do 80 rolls...lol. Some of the hardcore track guys won't do highway bombs b/c they are out of gear. Well...

I'm not sure where all the scared and ***** comments come from. Nobody is scared.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's like saying people who drive autos have no skill. It's all about preference, and what you built your car to do.

What's the difference between going from a dig and a roll? You still go off a count or signal, and you still have to bang gears whether running from a dig or a roll???

I personally don't run from a dig because -

1) I don't hook from anything under a 40.
2) I like not exploding my 10 bolt.
3) No one runs from a dig on the street around here...
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
its real racing when 2 12 sec cars run from a dig instead of 2 1000hp cars from a roll
LOL

Actually, yes. Roll racing, while fun, is for pussies who can't drive.

There, I said what everyone has been thinking.
When you drive a 1000+ RWHP car on the street, then you can re-evaluate that statement

to be clear I do both so I don't care
Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
9 Second Club

DAMMIT!!! I wish my truck was still together.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Tiago
LOL

When you drive a 1000+ RWHP car on the street, then you can re-evaluate that statement

thats what im saying, my car does both fairly well.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tiago
LOL

with your track times in the TA i wouldn't go around bragging that it makes 1000HP

j/k
Old 01-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 5w20
Stop thinking you are some type of internet sheriff, I reply how I feel like. I could care less who you are or what your car does, both don't bring me any first hand benefits. Maybe you feel embarassed because you were video taped getting it pushed in, don't worry it happens to everyone who races at one point or another. You don't have to get offended, I didn't quote you or specifically say it was you..
LOL well I guess you are answering in this fashion due to the fact that you can only ASSume as much info from this video to make an entertaining judgement ( which was a good movie btw). Not knowing who i am or my car is irrelavent from this conversation true but that still leads to the fact that YOU still wouldn't know what the hell your talking about. BTW I'm not offended, Nick knows I didn't care if he posted the vid, it just shows that i have a really really slow vette . People can only jugde with the little amount of info that was given...here chew it up
Old 01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Absolutely! Put some 19's on your car, like mine, and lets do it! You name the place, time, money! I'm always down to race!
First of all I don't own a pair of 19's because I have a c5 and no longer my c6. You have a drag pack on in your avatar right? I'll allow you to use them. And about the time money ect. Ect. Name it I got it. And about the tire size as well, put some 33x15x15 on your car and ill still race you.

Tommy

Last edited by 1BADC7; 01-12-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Hey everybody leave 9ball alone he's only speaking the truth. Everyone don't beat me up.lol I like roll racing but theres not a challenge or a huge rush like dig racing.

Tommy
Old 01-12-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by v8sten
DAMMIT!!! I wish my truck was still together.

**** this guy right here , and chuck , and fucken garrett , all them ***** are well making some damn HIGH HP like all of yah and fucken LOVE dig racing on the street or the damn track , They hook damn good , so I dont see why there is people all talking **** about making some big power and not hooking , hell there is a guy who came on our site wanting to do some dig runs and dude makes 900 hp in his turbo car . So once again there is people out there who hook damn good on the street , yeah I dont have a high hp car like all of yah do , but i also hate roll racing. Im not a baller to have as much money as yah , one day maybe , but now ill stick to my "12" second car and dig race like bryan likes calling it.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:13 PM
it is on low boost

Originally Posted by 1badc6
First of all I don't own a pair of 19's because I have a c5 and no longer my c6. You have a drag pack on in your avatar right? I'll allow you to use them. And about the time money ect. Ect. Name it I got it. And about the tire size as well, put some 33x15x15 on your car and ill still race you.

Tommy
That's fine. Lets do it tonight. Once from a dig and once from a roll. Let me know when.

This way, I have two chances to take your money!

You have my number. call if you're not scared of a stock Vette...
Old 01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

YESSSSSSS!

Tony and I will be drag racing very soon!
We need to get a track rental together with this cool air. I'd line up with anyone, I've won and lost before. I've won more than lost though, especially against guys who can't drive. I've beaten numerous dyno queens at the track in less hp cars. Not you though Nick, I KNOW you can drive a car.

That's like saying people who drive autos have no skill. It's all about preference, and what you built your car to do.

Auto drivers do not have any driving skill. Either that, or they are too lazy and prefer to shelve their skill. Which one are you?

What's the difference between going from a dig and a roll? You still go off a count or signal, and you still have to bang gears whether running from a dig or a roll???

Because going part throttle with limited traction from a stop requires driver skill. That is the difference. You can't just floor it and point it straight. Ask the numerous thousands of guys running 12s with their 500 hp cars at the track. They do not yet have the skill or practice it requires to leave the line efficiently.

I personally don't run from a dig because -

1) I don't hook from anything under a 40. Is your throttle pedal broken?
2) I like not exploding my 10 bolt. If you can't afford to fix it, don't race it.
3) No one runs from a dig on the street around here.. Figures, Austin is the capital of homos in this state.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's fine. Lets do it tonight. Once from a dig and once from a roll. Let me know when.

You have my number. call.
NOW i give you props.

remember to throw the hazards
Old 01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TINKRD
with your track times in the TA i wouldn't go around bragging that it makes 1000HP

j/k
what track time do you think it runs?

I think its ok for now. I will try some more soon.

I wasn't bragging, just pointing out that racing a 600 hp can be lets say, not very interesting, but a 1000+ HP, things get very interesting
Old 01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We need to get a track rental together with this cool air. I'd line up with anyone, I've won and lost before. I've won more than lost though, especially against guys who can't drive. I've beaten numerous dyno queens at the track in less hp cars. Not you though Nick, I KNOW you can drive a car.
Im down for the track rental , let me know and ill have the cash ready , I will be the small hp car doing some good numbers
Old 01-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by red281gt
**** this guy right here , and chuck , and fucken garrett , all them ***** are well making some damn HIGH HP like all of yah and fucken LOVE dig racing on the street or the damn track , They hook damn good , so I dont see why there is people all talking **** about making some big power and not hooking , hell there is a guy who came on our site wanting to do some dig runs and dude makes 900 hp in his turbo car . So once again there is people out there who hook damn good on the street , yeah I dont have a high hp car like all of yah do , but i also hate roll racing. Im not a baller to have as much money as yah , one day maybe , but now ill stick to my "12" second car and dig race like bryan likes calling it.
No one is disputing that. Everyone always starts this debate when there is a discusion or videos on cars ***** footing around or "roll racing". I agree it takes money to do all this racing etc. I also agree that there are people that can get it done and do work out there. I can only speak for myself but my car is not setup for "dig racing". Yes I can do it all day long but just like LS1x2 stated, **** gets broke and it sucks. I choose the route to cruise and the occasional stabbin the throttle at 60 and having fun with it. Some people are more serious than I.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

You have my number. call if you're not scared of a stock Vette...
post up a vid!

Quick Reply: Roll Racing Vettes