Another problem with HPE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this post is really OLD and LMR and G-force seem like they're the best two choices if i had an LS car. Who installs parts and tunes LT1s these days? Anywhere? beaumont, houston, louisiana? I need a LT1 shop.

Called G-force and they said they don't.
Awaiting a email reply from LMR.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dalynchmob
I know this post is really OLD and LMR and G-force seem like they're the best two choices if i had an LS car. Who installs parts and tunes LT1s these days? Anywhere? beaumont, houston, louisiana? I need a LT1 shop.

Come on join the rest of us just do a LS swap and call it a day

Good luck finding a lt1 shop they are hard to find.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dalynchmob

Brian at Pavlock Performance up in Tomball did my cam swap a couple of years ago, but he typically focuses on LS cars. I know he was moving his shop, but not sure if he is open yet or not. As far as Tuning you are better off heading to Austin and having MoeBailey tune it as there is really no one left these days that will tune an LT1 in Htown - willingly (LOL).
Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Henderson performance in new braunfels did a friend of mines ls1 conversion
Old 09-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys for the help. It looks like thunder racing in baton rouge is gonna be my place. It's 3 hrs away, they definately work on LT1s, they've been in bussiness for 16 yrs or so, and the gentleman i spoke with on the phone was awesome. Answered all my questions and offered saturday drop off or pick up.

If i would have looked for tuners and installers for LT guys sooner i definately would have swapped to the LS but i got all my parts now so next time i'm ready for so major work it'll be a swap with an STS rear mount.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

u could go with a mail order tune. its not as accurate as a dyno tune but it will get the job done
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Teching In

I could but i don't have the time to do the work myself right now so i'm spending the money (whole top end). I figure i could do it myself but i'd take 2-3weeks with my work schedule to get it done or i could spend the money and have it done in 2 days.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ed Wright in OK. does mail order tunes for many LT1's
Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

HPE has been a mess pretty much since Chuck opened those doors years ago.

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell a funny story about Owen at ARD. He called us up once week and wanted to get on our dyno on a Saturday to do some tuning on that purple piece of **** he's had for years and years.

Saturday shows up and he unloads that turd wagon. As somebody is strapping it on the dyno he tells me the engine in that car is the best one he's ever built, and the heads are the best pair he has ever done. So I ask him what makes it so special and he says, 'I coated everything in Polydyne. Crank, rods, bearings, pistons, valves, valve springs, combustion chambers, everything.' What a retard.

So he pops the hood on that bitch and holy ****. He had plumbed a direct port onto that baby and it looked like one of those little kids toys where the kids push the little pieces over the loops and turns and they end up on the other side. It was seriously looking more like a roller-coaster than a direct port.

First pull was N/A and that turd made like 430 RWHP. It was so sad. So sad I said **** it I don't even care what this **** wagon makes on nitrous, so I went back into the office to surf the net. About 3 minutes later they are making the nitrous pull and I'll **** you not the backfire from that nitrous system was so ******' loud the guy I was talking to on the phone asked if that was a gunshot he heard.

I go into the back and this jackwagons airfilter is laying on the shop floor, on fire, and Mike is in the drivers seat of that purple pile of **** trying not to laugh his *** off. I could barely keep a straight face in front of Owen and I had to go back inside the office to text people like Powell about what had just happened.

Take your nitrous **** to a professional, not ARD.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I seen Ard handy "mechanic work"in person
More like more **** for me to fix
What a crock,
I feel sorry for the people this schlub. Fucked up there cars.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by Ben R
HPE has been a mess pretty much since Chuck opened those doors years ago.

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell a funny story about Owen at ARD. He called us up once week and wanted to get on our dyno on a Saturday to do some tuning on that purple piece of **** he's had for years and years.

Saturday shows up and he unloads that turd wagon. As somebody is strapping it on the dyno he tells me the engine in that car is the best one he's ever built, and the heads are the best pair he has ever done. So I ask him what makes it so special and he says, 'I coated everything in Polydyne. Crank, rods, bearings, pistons, valves, valve springs, combustion chambers, everything.' What a retard.

So he pops the hood on that bitch and holy ****. He had plumbed a direct port onto that baby and it looked like one of those little kids toys where the kids push the little pieces over the loops and turns and they end up on the other side. It was seriously looking more like a roller-coaster than a direct port.

First pull was N/A and that turd made like 430 RWHP. It was so sad. So sad I said **** it I don't even care what this **** wagon makes on nitrous, so I went back into the office to surf the net. About 3 minutes later they are making the nitrous pull and I'll **** you not the backfire from that nitrous system was so ******' loud the guy I was talking to on the phone asked if that was a gunshot he heard.

I go into the back and this jackwagons airfilter is laying on the shop floor, on fire, and Mike is in the drivers seat of that purple pile of **** trying not to laugh his *** off. I could barely keep a straight face in front of Owen and I had to go back inside the office to text people like Powell about what had just happened.

Take your nitrous **** to a professional, not ARD.
lol I remember that story haha!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Launching!

No way, ARD is super fantabulous and Owen is the best tuner in the world and defeat the Kracken all by himself with one hand tied behind his back.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Is there anyone in Houston who hasn't heard an ARD/Owen story? That stuff is legendary and worthy of a book one day.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

H-town Camaro club thinks Owen is god.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jboehm
Is there anyone in Houston who hasn't heard an ARD/Owen story? That stuff is legendary and worthy of a book one day.
I have a condensed thread full of links to ARD stories on various forums by various people. Enjoy the read

http://lsxnation.net/showthread.php?11933-Beware-of-ARD!

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6
H-town Camaro club thinks Owen is god.
Yeah. This is me talking to them ------>

They'll figure it out one day.....
Old 10-02-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

I could blow my entire Sunday reading those ARD threads!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Launching!

I'm sure there's more, Dave. If anybody knows of any threads I may have missed, which I'm sure I did, send it my way so I can add the link. The thread is a sticky BTW

Quick Reply: Another problem with HPE!!