Show your watch collection.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RCC, I'll take the tag off ur hands... How much?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like watches but I don't really have the money to get super nice ones.

Right now I have two Fossil Speedway Blues. Both are the same quartz chrono with date, 44mm. One is titanium with a blue face and the other is 23k plated with a black face. I had the titanium for several years and really liked it, so I got the gold one that was the same model off ebay a few months ago.

I have a more casual-looking Fossil chrono on the way to me right now. I know they're not $$$$ watches, but I've had good luck with them.

Last edited by Lothar34; 01-25-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
It's basically something that 90% of the time holds its value. Lets say I spend $10k on a Rolex SS Daytona ... It will only go up in value... Lets say I spend $10k on my car... You will get $2k back when selling it...

Tell him like it is Powell, Except throw in the 27k Rolex against a 27k car and the watch is still worth 27k and the car is worth 5k in 5 years.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Tell him like it is Powell, Except throw in the 27k Rolex against a 27k car and the watch is still worth 27k and the car is worth 5k in 5 years.
Word.... a watch will hold it value over most cars on this site... Sad but true
Old 01-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Banned

I see what you guys are saying, but to each his own I guess. I would rather just take that 10k that I could have bought a watch with and used it for investments or put it into a saving and make interest off of it.

But yeah most cars you buy these days will deteriorate in price over the years but at least some of those car can get the hard to get laid guy....laid, as for a watch I don't see that happening to often haha!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Launching!

A nice watch adds class to the otherwise classless.

I'm speaking only of myself, of course!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TooMuchMoney
I have always wanted to know why people spend more than $50.00 for a watch if all there using it for is to tell time? Can't wait for the show us your tie collection thread next, haha j/k.
Just to be a smartass, the answer to your question is because we can...lol
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

I have always wanted to know why people spend more than $50.00 for a watch if all there using it for is to tell time? Can't wait for the show us your tie collection thread next, haha j/k.
LOL, spoken like a person who who cant afford more than a 50 dollar watch. Might wanna change your screen name!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Just to be a smartass, the answer to your question is because we can...lol
Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
LOL, spoken like a person who who cant afford more than a 50 dollar watch. Might wanna change your screen name!
ha lol at the rude commits, extremely classy.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:45 PM
8 Second Club

The last watch my dad got before he passed away (he got it about 8 or 9 months old). Well there was this and a GMT as well.

It is truly a gorgeous watch, big face, White gold, etc... I didn't like the original Yacht Master series but really do love this one. Probably because its some what the memories connected with it; but I still enjoy wearing it when the occasion is right.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Hey anyone that's interested....... I just posted mine on eBay for sale -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

email me if interested and i'll take it off ebay. I wanna get at least $400 for it. Thanks
uwebcreations@aol.com
Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
Yeah your right, O wait your NOT you DEFIANTLY do not know me or how much money I have. I guarantee I have invested more money in medical marijuana in Colorado than you have in you savings and checking account and all that debt on those fancy credit cards you have. But whats funny is I have one watch and thats the one that was handed down to me Grandpa.

I don't like watches or see the point in buying something that much if all it dose is tell time but I do know running watches are expensive and ones used by hikers and divers as well so I will exclude that. But like I said to each his own its your life and money if you wanna buy super expensive watches go ahead. All I did was ask what makes people buy expensive watches and Mr. Powell said some do it for a investment and I did not think of that but I still would put my money into other things.

Just because I don't wanna spend tons of money on a fashionable item dose not make me any less and man or more poor. I guess you should call Warren Buffet and tell him he needs to trade in his POS 2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series because he is a billionaire.

I never really get worked up much but your comment just kinda pissed me off.

Last edited by TooMuchMoney; 01-25-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's mine, just a cheap POLO watch, but it looks pretty good.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVR4GET
And here is my next watch I plan on buying. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore, But have the finish a few of the houses im working on first.
Man I love AP watches I will own one some day soon. There was a guy selling one of those on a forum for 10k, which I think you may know is cheap for that watch. I would love the Grand Prix Rose Gold one, cheapest you can find them is 62k though.

For now these are the two watches I actually wear.

Some Fossil and a Bulova
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

That bulova looks similar to the ap. I love watches. Can't afford the good **** so I just rock Nixon and gshock Til I get a real job
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a Tag Heuer Carrera that I wear just about everyday:

I also have a Rolex Datejust with a fluted bezel and jubilee band.

I have actually been thinking about selling my Rolex. I think I want something different...
Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 AM
9 Second Club

I currently have a Bulova, Bvlgari, Movado, Guess, Fossil, Relic, Omega, and a decent replica rolex I wear sometimes that way if it gets messed up, who cares.

But I usually wear the Bvlgari. It's a Diagono Calibro 303.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Launching!

I used to like wearing watches when I was younger, but now I hardly ever do unless I'm dressing nice.

This is the only watch I own now. lol

Old 01-26-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah your right, O wait your NOT you DEFIANTLY do not know me or how much money I have. I guarantee I have invested more money in medical marijuana in Colorado than you have in you savings and checking account and all that debt on those fancy credit cards you have. But whats funny is I have one watch and thats the one that was handed down to me Grandpa.

I don't like watches or see the point in buying something that much if all it dose is tell time but I do know running watches are expensive and ones used by hikers and divers as well so I will exclude that. But like I said to each his own its your life and money if you wanna buy super expensive watches go ahead. All I did was ask what makes people buy expensive watches and Mr. Powell said some do it for a investment and I did not think of that but I still would put my money into other things.

Just because I don't wanna spend tons of money on a fashionable item dose not make me any less and man or more poor. I guess you should call Warren Buffet and tell him he needs to trade in his POS 2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series because he is a billionaire.

I never really get worked up much but your comment just kinda pissed me off.
LOL way to get all butt hurt!. And your right, I dont know you. But since you invest in marijuana I can only imagine your personality. And ya, Im only 28 and I have a paid off 200k house and 2 30k plus cars......lol ya, and I have a 800 credit score. I dont flash my money but since your brought it up Im sure you dont have more money in your checking account than I do. LOL. man this is funny. But relax man, most coments people take offensive are harmless
Old 01-26-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
The last watch my dad got before he passed away (he got it about 8 or 9 months old). Well there was this and a GMT as well.

It is truly a gorgeous watch, big face, White gold, etc... I didn't like the original Yacht Master series but really do love this one. Probably because its some what the memories connected with it; but I still enjoy wearing it when the occasion is right.
that is beautiful, whats the model

Quick Reply: Show your watch collection.