Rpr 2/11/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011 | 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well here you go, the scales were still broke so no weight yet. Yes this is all motor, the nitrous is not even on the car yet...

The car was moving around a lot on the big end on the second pass I let out around the 1000' area. I only made 2 passes, I have a few things we are going to change on the tune and I will be back again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbHirDVYe00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuGfX4FbRgQ

Mike, sorry my brother videoing skills is not all that great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db4nKPjk_fQ
Old 02-11-2011 | 11:51 PM
9 Second Club

Good to see you again Jim (Old Goat), The grocery getter was liking the cold air tonight. Congrats on the personal best!

Mike's Caddy was rolling out HARD. Awesome night for him.

Got to film Winters 97 as well with his 10.50 pass with his A&A SC.

Randall (Housewolf) got a personal best as well with a 10.80 @ 125 to grab the stock bottom end LS2 GTO N/A title.

It was a great night for racing. Had to leave early to help someone out, but it was fun seeing you guys tonight.

Last edited by Kingsize; 02-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-12-2011 | 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
your car is rolling out hard for just bolt on's and no cam. congrats. if i ever put a motor tune on mine i'd be curious to see what it runs

what did mike run? spill the goods!
Thanks...I'm looking for 10.999 on boltons (skinnies, ported throttle body, lightweight battery and less gas next time out) and then it'll be time for a pretty nasty cam and I'll put my kit on jetted for a 150 shot.

The best pass I saw from Mike was 11.03 I think? Something like that. Hopefully he grabbed the 10 after I left.
Old 02-12-2011 | 12:12 AM
9 Second Club

I think he got a 10.90.... I believe.
Old 02-12-2011 | 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Awesome night! Even though I only got 1 pass in! Thanks, Kingsize for the video. I wanted to get some good videos of Jim, Mike, and all the other guys in their cars. I wasn't able to cause I was dealing with my stupid clutch and decided not to make a 2nd pass. I have videos, but had to video them off my tv since I don't have the correct usb cord for the computer. I'll let you all know if I caught you on camera. They turned out real good when you watch them on an LCD and should turn out good when I upload them.

As always, great to see everybody! Sorry Nineballs car didn't get to make a pass. Such a sick car!

For me, still very happy. 2nd pass in stock c6 with a S trim, Alky and Drag radials. Clutch melted to the floor on the launch and I struggled to get it in to 2nd(mph should have been 136+). You can see the smoke off the launch. Probably should have been a 10.2-10.3 pass. Headers, cam, line lock and clutch issues are next. Hoping for 9's with the stock tranny/rear/motor/gears.

Last edited by winters97gt; 02-12-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2011 | 01:14 AM
9 Second Club

Can't wait to see the next runs Mark! Awesome night.

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Sorry Nineballs car didn't get to make a pass. Such a sick car!
We did get him home though. The electronic gas pedal broke a small plastic clip off and made it unusable. Terrible design by GM.
Old 02-12-2011 | 08:29 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Had a blast! The cadzilla was out of control last night! I can also say my V is much faster than Tony's Z06!

10.902 @ 129.15 mph

100% Stock Drivetrain
100% Stock Transmission
Old 02-12-2011 | 09:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Had a blast! The cadzilla was out of control last night! I can also say my V is much faster than Tony's Z06!

10.902 @ 129.15 mph

100% Stock Drivetrain
100% Stock Transmission
Do you have a roll bar or anything in it? It seems they were checking every car that went through that was any where close to an 11.5
Old 02-12-2011 | 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Do you have a roll bar or anything in it? It seems they were checking every car that went through that was any where close to an 11.5
That is a serious understatement.

My first pass was 11.29 so I told them I'd let off at the eigth...

So the next pass was a 12.2 followed by a 12.1 and they kept saying "slow it on down" on both runs

Then I made a pass at 11.9 and he's looking in my car for rollbars saying "you've got to slow it down man"

Generally they let me make at least full 1/8th runs without bitching, but that guy in the booth was getting pretty irritating.

Finally I made another 11.2 run and just new the **** storm I was going to get from him.

BTW, congrats on the 10 second run, Mike! The car looked like it was moving out HARD on the 11.0 run I saw.

Personally I hope that at some point the entire 11.5 point for requiring rollbars is looked at again, because at this point you have WAY too many cars approaching and surpassing that with just minor modifications. The fact I need to rollbar my bolton car to race legally seems a bit absurd.
Old 02-12-2011 | 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
That is a serious understatement.

My first pass was 11.29 so I told them I'd let off at the eigth...

So the next pass was a 12.2 followed by a 12.1 and they kept saying "slow it on down" on both runs

Then I made a pass at 11.9 and he's looking in my car for rollbars saying "you've got to slow it down man"

Generally they let me make at least full 1/8th runs without bitching, but that guy in the booth was getting pretty irritating.

Finally I made another 11.2 run and just new the **** storm I was going to get from him.

BTW, congrats on the 10 second run, Mike! The car looked like it was moving out HARD on the 11.0 run I saw.

Personally I hope that at some point the entire 11.5 point for requiring rollbars is looked at again, because at this point you have WAY too many cars approaching and surpassing that with just minor modifications. The fact I need to rollbar my bolton car to race legally seems a bit absurd.
I agree, I did not want to put a roll bar in my car but there in no sence in having all this power and not be able to air it out every now and then. I do not really street race anymore so I have to be somewhat legal for the tracks.

The problem with reviewing the ET's is the new cars drive great at faster speend but when you get Billy Bob in his old S-10 its all over the place running 13's
Old 02-12-2011 | 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
I agree, I did not want to put a roll bar in my car but there in no sence in having all this power and not be able to air it out every now and then. I do not really street race anymore so I have to be somewhat legal for the tracks.

The problem with reviewing the ET's is the new cars drive great at faster speend but when you get Billy Bob in his old S-10 its all over the place running 13's
Yeah, I see what you're saying.

I still think something should be sorted out though. When you have a Z06, ZR1, 911 Turbo, etc... all capable of running sub 11.5s stock something needs to be looked at again.

I THINK you can run a stock car under that time without rollbars, but if you put an aftermarket intake on they'd tell you to 5 point it? That's ridiculous.

I haven't put enough thought into it to have come up with a decent solution...just complaining

If sealy was open on a more consistant basis I wouldn't care about RPW as much and would just start racing there full time.
Old 02-12-2011 | 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, but Sealy just sucks *****.

I am just biting the bullet and putting the RSD bolt on one in my car. Placing my order next week. The bars are removable. Freaking ridiculous. Got 2 passes in my car in 2 trips to the track. Can't even work on my driving since I have no seat time. I don't want to ******* hit the brakes at the 1/8 mile mark.
Old 02-12-2011 | 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

What was wrong with Tony's Z06?

Congrats to everyone that was out there. Had a good time. Everyone's car's were looking very nice and strong.

Edit: Saw thread on Tony's car. That really sucks.
Old 02-12-2011 | 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

So the next pass was a 12.2 followed by a 12.1 and they kept saying "slow it on down" on both runs.
One of these runs was against me. I didn't know this guy, it was just a pretty Vette I got a kill on with an 11.92. So things happen again and we line up. I guess by this time I'm pretty full of myself and feeling pretty good. I mean beating a Vette, to me, it pretty much the ultimate. It's about respect!

So we line up again, and I'm off to a decent lead. Yea, I kicked his *** again.

Only after he puts on his brakes at the end of the run.

When he blew by me, I went "oh ****"............when I saw his brake lights on before the end of the quarter I went "OH ****" I mean when you get your *** kicked so bad you can see them put on their brake lights...............that's an *** whippin!

I'm thinking he was spraying of something, he just blew right by me and beat me like Micheal Vick did one of his dogs. He had an easy low 11 run. Come to find out on out first race he was spinning pretty bad. A wonderful car with just bolt ons!!!!!

Nice car and nice to meet you.

Last edited by old_goat; 02-12-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2011 | 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by old_goat
One of these runs was against me. I didn't know this guy, it was just a pretty Vette I got a kill on with an 11.92. So things happen again and we line up. I guess by this time I'm pretty full of myself and feeling pretty good. I mean beating a Vette, to me, it pretty much the ultimate. It's about respect!

So we line up again, and I'm off to a decent lead. Yea, I kicked his *** again.

Only after he puts on his brakes at the end of the run.

When he blew by me, I went "oh ****"............when I saw his brake lights on before the end of the quarter I went "OH ****" I mean when you get your *** kicked so bad you can see them put on their brake lights...............that's an *** whippin!

I'm thinking he was spraying of something, he just blew right by me and beat me like Micheal Vick did one of his dogs. He had an easy low 11 run. Come to find out on out first race he was spinning pretty bad. A wonderful car with just bolt ons!!!!!

Nice car and nice to meet you.
Ha ha, thanks.

Your car would certainly surprise most people...high 11 second sedan isn't common place

Hope to see you out there again sometime now that I've met you.
Old 02-12-2011 | 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Yeah, but Sealy just sucks *****.

I am just biting the bullet and putting the RSD bolt on one in my car. Placing my order next week. The bars are removable. Freaking ridiculous. Got 2 passes in my car in 2 trips to the track. Can't even work on my driving since I have no seat time. I don't want to ******* hit the brakes at the 1/8 mile mark.
Yeah, I've been considering the RSD pretty seriously myself.

Also, I don't think Sealy is as bad as people make it out to be. I've never had an issue racing there and have been with several people who ran personal bests there.

I'll be out there next Saturday with a buddy with a full bolton '10 SS and another friend with a supercharged V6 4th gen.
Old 02-12-2011 | 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I've been considering the RSD pretty seriously myself.

Also, I don't think Sealy is as bad as people make it out to be. I've never had an issue racing there and have been with several people who ran personal bests there.

I'll be out there next Saturday with a buddy with a full bolton '10 SS and another friend with a supercharged V6 4th gen.
RSD was running a sale on them a while back. Want to see if we can get a group purchase together if we can get 10 guys off of corvetteforum and here?

Sealy is just up and down for me. Sometimes, the track seems to be prepped ok, then sometimes not.
Old 02-12-2011 | 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Same video, but better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOb5eJHkQIY
Old 02-12-2011 | 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

I was out there in the Silver LS2 C6 with black wheels up front and C5 Z's out back with DR's. You may also recognize me as having the misfortune of having the shitty stock LS2 battery that died on me due to the cold...the result is me spending money tomorrow morning for an Optima.
him.
Hey did you ever get a battery??
Old 02-12-2011 | 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Midnightnova
Hey did you ever get a battery??
Ha ha, I haven't left the house yet today, but it'll be my first stop when I do

Again, I really appreciate your time last night.

Hope we can line em up again sometime for a rematch