Spring break ideas? Family friendly

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spring break ideas? Family friendly

I'm looking for somewhere to take the wife and kids for spring break. We normally go to port aransas but wanting to try a different spot. Plz keep in mind I have an 8 yr old daughter and 3 yo son. Don't get me wrong, we fire up the grille on the beach, turn the radio up and drink cold beer all day. Just not looking for something super wild spot where ******* are out all day. An occasional titty sighting is ok. Lol.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spring Break is the worst time to take a family anywhere IMHO. We've tried the zoo, Seaworld, waterparks, theme parks, etc - literally every one in the state and I've discovered the packed crowds consist of 70% oblivious parents with way too many bad, unsupervised kids, 25% late HS or early college-aged kids who want nothing more than to perform soft-core **** in front of my kids, and 5% people like me regretting coming to these places, fighting the crowds, and wanting to off myself just to stop the headache.

what we've started doing is sending the kids to Grandma's for the week while my wife and I work through spring break (we've typically had jobs that pay OT for working that week) and taking our family vacations the first week of April. If you wait until a Tues, you can usually hop off most rides and run right back to the start and get on again. Parks with shows, you will be on the first row, best seats, etc. The family seems to have more fun and I dont feel like I wasted a ton of cash when we leave.

We have a similar age gap between our two so I'd suggest either Seaworld or the San Antonio zoo. If you're military, Seaworld gives some awesome discounts on tickets
Old 02-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am taking the family to canyon lake for spring break. After reading all the reviews it looks like a good family friendly place to go hang out. Now keep in mind it does have the "wild" side of it too. It all just depends where is it that you want to go hang out. For instance this one place said no outdoor music or more that 3 cars parked outside the house past 10:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what about TX2k11? get the kids started early
Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Ciudad Jaurez
Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taking my 9 year old here, several of his baseball teamates are going also.

http://sitekreator.com/BCR/main_page.html