TX2K11 - Z06 Crashes @ Test N Tune Vs Nineball's Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow TX2K11 - Z06 Crashes @ Test N Tune Vs Nineball's Z06

Not sure what happened, but after doing a burnout I guess he lost control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZviFcYEVao

Last edited by westtexasbuff; 03-20-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He must've forgotten his driver mod at home...
Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony doesn't own a ZR1
Old 03-20-2011, 12:04 AM
LS7 Member

His clutch was toast, tard...

If you were being sarcastic, then carry on

Last edited by UTzo6; 03-20-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

alot of dumbass came this year
Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Did he fix the limp mode from RPR a few weeks back? Car didn't make it up to the burnout. What was he trapping? I remember him saying shooting for low 10's, if I am not mistaken.

I can completely understand losing control of a high hp vette on the launch or 1-2 shift(never done it), but who the **** can't do a burnout? Need to go back to driver safety school. I'd hate to be racing somebody that dumb next to me.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

Clutch was toast and it is not a ZR1!!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MY06TBSS
Clutch was toast and it is not a ZR1!!!!
Did it smoke visibly on the launch?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:19 AM
LS7 Member

He was rolling out of his burnout and the car turned sideways. He corrected a little too much , and the tires hooked and it snapped him to the wall. It wasn't as bad as you think, just unlucky...

Last edited by UTzo6; 03-20-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Hearsay is, track prep is either one of two ways there; It's non-existant, or it sucks dangerously bad......
Old 03-20-2011, 12:26 AM
8 Second Club

The C5's sometimes had issues with the car trying to correct itself after rolling out of the burn out... I had it happen to me in Lil Powells old C5 and he had issues a few times with it as well. Luckly he was far enough away so he had time to correct, unlike this guy sadly. And don't blame the driver because LP can out drive every single person in this thread in a Vette (including myself ) and had issues like this.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Did it smoke visibly on the launch?
So bad you would have thought it was the tires!!!!!!VERY BAD....
Old 03-20-2011, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

The C5's sometimes had issues with the car trying to correct itself after rolling out of the burn out... I had it happen to me in Lil Powells old C5 and he had issues a few times with it as well. Luckly he was far enough away so he had time to correct, unlike this guy sadly
I don't entirely agree with that, since I had tons of burnouts in my c5. Just have to know how to do it. When you see cars jump on the burnout, that is when you know the driver needs to get out of it asap, as you see the front end change its direction. No reason a car should twist hard on a burnout, and if it does, the driver needs to get out of it.

So bad you would have thought it was the tires!!!!!!VERY BAD....

If it looked like this, then I believe it. I had to grab 2nd gear twice. Took a few days for the smell to go away. 2nd pass in my c6 with my the SC, mufflers and drag radials. Maybe a 10.2-10.3 pass if the clutch would have held at 600hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOb5eJHkQIY
Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

I don't entirely agree with that, since I had tons of burnouts in my c5. Just have to know how to do it. When you see cars jump on the burnout, that is when you know the driver needs to get out of it asap, as you see the front end change its direction. No reason a car should twist hard on a burnout, and if it does, the driver needs to get out of it.

If it looked like this, then I believe it. I had to grab 2nd gear twice. Took a few days for the smell to go away. 2nd pass in my c6 with my the SC, mufflers and drag radials. Maybe a 10.2-10.3 pass if the clutch would have held at 600hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOb5eJHkQIY
It was even worse........He said he went to short shift to second because it was slipping so bad and pedal was on the floor.....
Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 AM
8 Second Club

Wish I could heard if it sounded like this pass that Matt went a 10.0 on. Needless to say it went south in 2nd and was gone in 3rd and 4th....

http://www.vobra.org/vids/bonesawclutch.wmv

I am not uploading to YouTube since its way to old and I am to lazy LOL!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

It was even worse........He said he went to short shift to second because it was slipping so bad and pedal was on the floor.....
Yep, I actually had my toe rip it back up on this pass, why I grabbed 2nd twice. It will completely melt to the floor, you can pull it back within a quick.1-.2 if you expect it, but it still might not go in to gear. I was lucky. He probably needs to launch off idle, lower the psi, and just spin the tires on the burnout. Is he running tomorrow? I'll be out there and be watching.

Today I had to pop the clutch when I raced an EVO from Oklahoma mid day today by the Omni.(8urvetch), with a lot more power than I have tried at the track.

Clutch problems suck for vettes. It's a no win situation with IRS and launching a car. You can go for a twin disks, but they can glaze like the ls7 clutch, or you can go with a puck which will break your rear/tranny/output shafts after time.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 AM
8 Second Club

Yep, I actually had my toe rip it back up on this pass, why I grabbed 2nd twice. It will completely melt to the floor, you can pull it back within a quick.1-.2 if you expect it, but it still might not go in to gear. I was lucky. He probably needs to launch off idle, lower the psi, and just spin the tires on the burnout. Is he running tomorrow? I'll be out there and be watching.

Today I had to pop the clutch when I raced an EVO from Oklahoma mid day today by the Omni.(8urvetch), with a lot more power than I have tried at the track.

Clutch problems suck for vettes. It's a no win situation with IRS and launching a car. You can go for a twin disks, but they can glaze like the ls7 clutch, or you can go with a puck which will break your rear/tranny/output shafts after time.
Actually right after that pass we had some kind of coating put on the Mcleod Dual Disk in my brothers car that Joe from LMR recommended and never had a clutch slip issue again. He beat the **** out of that clutch after that and had no issues at all. Just gotta buy the good stuff and not junk stuff That's why I went with a Tilton in my car instead of the cheaper alternatives that seemed to have issues.

And as far as Tony's driving... Tony is a bad *** driver and trust me I don't think his driving skills should ever be said to be shitty.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Wish I could heard if it sounded like this pass that Matt went a 10.0 on. Needless to say it went south in 2nd and was gone in 3rd and 4th....

http://www.vobra.org/vids/bonesawclutch.wmv

I am not uploading to YouTube since its way to old and I am to lazy LOL!
Nice video, Powell. Never been able to dump a clutch in a vette since I have always run Drag Radials(non bias ply) tires without skinnies. You can hear that clutch slipping/not shifting all the way down the track. Looks like a low 1.5 60ft.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:04 AM
8 Second Club

Nice video, Powell. Never been able to dump a clutch in a vette since I have always run Drag Radials(non bias ply) tires without skinnies. You can hear that clutch slipping/not shifting all the way down the track. Looks like a low 1.5 60ft.
1.50 I think on that pass. His best 60ft and of course best 60ft = worst 3rd and 4th gear. I was really surprised it ran the 10.0 that day though. That was TX2K8.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Actually right after that pass we had some kind of coating put on the Mcleod Dual Disk in my brothers car that Joe from LMR recommended and never had a clutch slip issue again. He beat the **** out of that clutch after that and had no issues at all. Just gotta buy the good stuff and not junk stuff That's why I went with a Tilton in my car instead of the cheaper alternatives that seemed to have issues.

And as far as Tony's driving... Tony is a bad *** driver and trust me I don't think his driving skills should ever be said to be shitty.

I don't call people out powell! Thanks for the info. I am really interested in the coating that you are talking about. I have tried Amsoil DT4, and other stuff, but nothing seems to work.

I went with the ACT twin disk in my C6 since I want to go 9's with under 700rwhp, but I've only made 2 passes in the carslightly above 600rwhp(only 4 passes total), and can't get under a 1.62 60ft.

Do you mind if I shoot you a PM to get some more details on the clutch details that you are talking about?