TX2K11 - Parking lot b***h fight

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No immediate threat? I would have felt pretty damn threatened. I definitely would have drawn down on him and been well within my rights. I donno that I would have shot him. It would depend on how he reacted. But it would have been a much different outcome. Not a great situation but that type of crap is why people carry.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone point out the obvious: had the kid shot the old guy he would have found himself doing some quality time. claiming self defense after commiting an act of vehicular assault isnt going to win over many jurors.

on another point: had the old guy not moved so quickly he would have been hit and young guy would have been fucked! imagine the conversation with the cops, "well im a paying customer of the omni and he wouldnt let me park in that spot so i ran his *** over" im sure this would win your insurance provider over too!

the whole thing is plain stupid
Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If it happened to you and if you happen to have one of your kids or spouse with you at the time. I bet your opinion would change real quick. Like I said if it was someone like me. Somebody reaching in and punching me in the face when I'm sitting in my car is enough of a threat for me. I don't know if the guy has a weapon or high.
Chl license here. I been thru the class and got my license issued. Still in the moment I react violently when I have. Too.And in a situation like that I would have reacted very violently.
Although I would not have launched a car at anybody. I know better than that
Old 03-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Teching In

That whole situation is FAIL. To those talking about "drawing down" on the old guy, even if you didn't shoot him, and you got reported you would be lucky just to lose your CHL at that point. You cannot use your gun to avoid a fight unless it is apparent they have a weapon, or you are significantly outnumbered and can justifiably warrant fearing for your life. The old guy was nearly ran over and he retaliated with one punch and backed off. As big of an *** and apparent waste of oxygen he seemed to be there is no way you could justify pulling your gun on him let alone shooting him.

Either way the thread needs to be retitled because there wasn't even a fight, it was one punch and a bunch of BS.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

This is stupid. Two grown men arguing and fighting over an f'n parking space. The guy was stupid for trying to run the guy out the way, but the other guy was wrong for hitting him. Just not worth the mess. Find another space and let the bald idiot hold the stupid space. Karma will get is butt later. Grow up.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex7387
That whole situation is FAIL. To those talking about "drawing down" on the old guy, even if you didn't shoot him, and you got reported you would be lucky just to lose your CHL at that point. You cannot use your gun to avoid a fight unless it is apparent they have a weapon, or you are significantly outnumbered and can justifiably warrant fearing for your life. The old guy was nearly ran over and he retaliated with one punch and backed off. As big of an *** and apparent waste of oxygen he seemed to be there is no way you could justify pulling your gun on him let alone shooting him.

Either way the thread needs to be retitled because there wasn't even a fight, it was one punch and a bunch of BS.
Do you have a CHL, and do you know the laws? It does not require a "life threatening" situation that allows a gun to be drawn. All you need to feel is a threat to be harmed, or the threat of your property being harmed or stolen. Having someone reach INTO my vehicle is a threat to me. People have been killed numerous times in road rage fits for doing similar stuff, and the driver inside the car that isn't throwing punches hasn't been convicted yet. The kid did contribute though, by nearly hitting him with the car. That would be a different situation then.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Do you have a CHL, and do you know the laws? It does not require a "life threatening" situation that allows a gun to be drawn. All you need to feel is a threat to be harmed, or the threat of your property being harmed or stolen. Having someone reach INTO my vehicle is a threat to me. People have been killed numerous times in road rage fits for doing similar stuff, and the driver inside the car that isn't throwing punches hasn't been convicted yet. The kid did contribute though, by nearly hitting him with the car. That would be a different situation then.
I'm curious to hear your input. Had you been in the young guys situation and had NOT tried to hit the guy but the guy still came over and hit you, what would you have done. In that situation, where you did NOT dump the clutch, old guy is just being an *** hole?
Old 03-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Curveball TECH

Not trying to stand up for the old guy but, if he was carrying wouldn't he of had the right to pull out his gun when the kid launched at him in the car? That probably would have escalated quickly, thank god it didn't.

Pretty stupid situation entirely, I doubt this guy is a clear representation of Titan either so I wouldn't start downing them.
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tex7387

Fixed the title just for you even though yelling and a punch thrown is usually titled a fight....
Teching In

I have a CHL and I believe people are trying to discuss two different scenarios. The kid assaulted the old man first with a motor vehicle. People seem to think only the kid could have a CHL for some odd reason. If the old guy had a CHL, he could have legally sprayed the hell out of the windshield fearing for his life. He was being assaulted by a person in a motor vehicle. That would have been case closed. It doesnt matter what the argument was, the kid assaulted him first with a motor vechicle. Everyone is discussing the punch. If the punch had occured during the argument without any prior physical altercation, then the kid could have pulled his gun and smoked the old guy and been home in time for breakfast.
I dont even know what to think of these idiots, because I am not a DA or anything. Seems to me like the kid assaulted the old guy, and then he assaulted the kid right back. Done and done. So what.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Bottom line, if douch wouldnt have used his car as a weapon and old dude broke the verticle plain. Castle law... BANG!! Game over
Old 03-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Dude, I didn't watch it more than once...but it looks like that young *** punk was all wrong. I back the old guy 100%. That kid thought he was somebody, and literally assaulted a man in his car (bitch move). The man reacts instinctively and jacks him in the mouth (like he should have done). Then the kid gets out with his ego flaring, bragging about how he's military and he's billy badass (when he just assaulted an old man and then tried to run him over). He brought up the military thing multiple times too. So I think the old guy was just sayin "**** YOU I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE MILITARY OR NOT" and then he made the comment about getting *** fucked in Iraq to press his buttons. He didn't sound like anti-military to me. The dude just had his life flash before his eyes, give him a break. Anybody who's been in real fights, or felt their life threatened on any level, can understand his reaction. If I was there, I'd be backing the old man up. I love how young *** punks act in a group. One on one that old man whoops his bitch ***.

And **** everybody talkin about pulling guns. That's what's wrong with people these days... They think they can blast anybody for any reason. If you mouth off, you deserve to be beat down or at least be tested to see if you can back it up. Kid had no reason to pull a gun. That would be even more of a bitch move than trying to run the old man over. If anybody should have pulled a gun it should have been the old man. That was prolly some scary **** almost getting hit by a car. I know I'd be ******* fighting thru that mother ******* window so fast if it was me.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** that grandpa...
Old 03-22-2011, 02:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by squale iii
Dude, I didn't watch it more than once...but it looks like that young *** punk was all wrong. I back the old guy 100%. That kid thought he was somebody, and literally assaulted a man in his car (bitch move). The man reacts instinctively and jacks him in the mouth (like he should have done). Then the kid gets out with his ego flaring, bragging about how he's military and he's billy badass (when he just assaulted an old man and then tried to run him over). He brought up the military thing multiple times too. So I think the old guy was just sayin "**** YOU I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE MILITARY OR NOT" and then he made the comment about getting *** fucked in Iraq to press his buttons. He didn't sound like anti-military to me. The dude just had his life flash before his eyes, give him a break. Anybody who's been in real fights, or felt their life threatened on any level, can understand his reaction. If I was there, I'd be backing the old man up. I love how young *** punks act in a group. One on one that old man whoops his bitch ***.

And **** everybody talkin about pulling guns. That's what's wrong with people these days... They think they can blast anybody for any reason. If you mouth off, you deserve to be beat down or at least be tested to see if you can back it up. Kid had no reason to pull a gun. That would be even more of a bitch move than trying to run the old man over. If anybody should have pulled a gun it should have been the old man. That was prolly some scary **** almost getting hit by a car. I know I'd be ******* fighting thru that mother ******* window so fast if it was me.
Agreed x3, saved me from typing. All these hard asses with guns will end up in jail dropping the soap on a daily basis where they're guns will be useless
Old 03-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Yes I have my CHL, and it does require you to feel that your life or the life of another is in danger, not just that you feel threatened. The kid in this instance is also far from a victim since he initiated. Had he been minding his own business and some old guy came up and assaulted him in his vehicle then I would totally agree with you but the kid damn near ran the other guy over and got punched as a result. Also the old man threw one punch and backed up, had he continued to reach in and assault the young guy then once again its a different scenario.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

what a bitch *** sucker punch...
Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
No immediate threat? I would have felt pretty damn threatened. I definitely would have drawn down on him and been well within my rights. I donno that I would have shot him. It would depend on how he reacted. But it would have been a much different outcome. Not a great situation but that type of crap is why people carry.
With a thought process like that, I don't think you should be able to carry a gun. You only pull if you're ready to shoot. If your life is really in danger, you're not going to hesitate. I think you carry a pistol for the wrong reasons.

Like said earlier, wtf is up with people talking about pulling guns? If you run your mouth, be ready to back it up or take an *** whooping. Pretty simple. Im all for the right to carry. But people need to realize, even if you legally shoot someone, your life is going to be affected.

The guy holding the spot didn't look old. He looked like a late thirties meathead that had too many cheeseburgers. Just a nutswinging, loud mouth. The kid acted like a hotheaded little punk, IMO. That guy could've probably folded him in half.

If that guy in the parking spot told me I had to move when his hero came back, I would've just said, "OK...", parked, and went about my business. Maybe stick around for a few minutes to make sure nothing happened to my ride.

Whatever happened to the good old fashioned, man vs man fight?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Launching!

chl holder here

only party that had right to draw was the old man after almost being ran over.

Kid deserved the punch, just my 2 cents.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by squale iii

Bingo!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There are some good points here. I would not have been in the situation in the first place because I would not have tried to run the guy over. People are focusing on the punch and as mentioned above the old guy had the same right to feel threatened as the kid did. I am no expert on the subject of C&C. In fact I don't even have my license. But I have talked to several CHL holders and instructors and it is my understanding that I don't even have to have one in order to carry a gun in my car (which I do) per the castle doctrine. I can respect zero's comment that maybe I should not be carrying a weapon in my car but I don't agree with the man on man fight thing. Things are different these days. People are crazy and I'm not going to let crazy old man river pound on me while I try to get out of my car to "stand toe to toe" with him. What if I do and then he pulls a knife? Is it OK to pull then or do I have to get cut first?

Both guys are douchebags.

Quick Reply: TX2K11 - Parking lot b***h fight