Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you nineball for summing it up
Old 03-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
If anything, you f-body owners should be HAPPY the values have remained strong.
That's me.. I'm not planning on selling it, but now I know I have a gold mine in my LS1 powered, T/A, Firehawk! Thanks LS1Tech..
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Just sold my 59k mile ws6 for $14k and my 100k mile Firehawk for $16.5. I Put the money together and bought an C6 Z06. I didn't think I'd be able to get that kind of cash because of the economy but people have <20k but not >30k. So I got a deal on both selling and buying my cars. My 07 Z06 was $37k and had 17k miles.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

heck the parts alone are insane on the ls cars.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Puppet_Master
Just sold my 59k mile ws6 for $14k and my 100k mile Firehawk for $16.5. I Put the money together and bought an C6 Z06. I didn't think I'd be able to get that kind of cash because of the economy but people have <20k but not >30k. So I got a deal on both selling and buying my cars. My 07 Z06 was $37k and had 17k miles.
how the **** did you pull that off?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
how the **** did you pull that off?
luck + selling ability + willing to drive.

Funny thing is, I only advertised my ws6. I had two guys interested but sold it to the first guy then called the second and said I was considering selling my firehawk but wasn't sure if I wanted to let it go. In the end, he was waiting for me to say yes.

vette was on ebay and sold for 40k. I called and he said the buyer didn't come through so I told him, if he would sell it for 37k, I would buy a plane ticket and be there that weekend. I forward him the southwest receipt to let him know I was serious. Got there, drove it to a reputable corvette shop (suggested to me on the vette forums), had them look over it and put it on the dyno. Everything looked great (dynoed at 510rwhp).

Sold this:

and this:

and bought this:

Old 03-23-2011, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

damn.....$16k for a 100k miled firehawk??????? wow...somebody got raped

Nineball said it best, all supply and demand, just like everything else material in this world. I see more and more trashed 4th gens everyday..the demand for nicer cars is staying steady, while the trashed cars are losing it fast.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JunkyardZ
damn.....$16k for a 100k miled firehawk??????? wow...somebody got raped

Nineball said it best, all supply and demand, just like everything else material in this world. I see more and more trashed 4th gens everyday..the demand for nicer cars is staying steady, while the trashed cars are losing it fast.
I figure that's a good price since the hood and wheels w/ center caps are worth about $5k.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

^^^lol, yea and that LS1 WAS touched by the hand of god!!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by showstoMpinSS
Not being rude or anything but they changed the interior in 97, not 96, that's the last I'm gonna say in this thread, lol its pointless
I was gonna say that to, as was the electric speedo.

By electronics, I meant more power options such as seats and windows, locks, and other motor/transmission related things. I suppose it's all irrelevant though
Old 03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Dumb question, obviously not.

brb, going to sell my Trans Am for 7k because I just feel like giving my car to someone at an amazing price because I have all this endless cash and don't give a ****.

Idiot

lol what? did you just talk **** and agree at the same time? who said anything about a endless amount of money? nice try genius
Old 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

luck + selling ability + willing to drive.

Funny thing is, I only advertised my ws6. I had two guys interested but sold it to the first guy then called the second and said I was considering selling my firehawk but wasn't sure if I wanted to let it go. In the end, he was waiting for me to say yes.

vette was on ebay and sold for 40k. I called and he said the buyer didn't come through so I told him, if he would sell it for 37k, I would buy a plane ticket and be there that weekend. I forward him the southwest receipt to let him know I was serious. Got there, drove it to a reputable corvette shop (suggested to me on the vette forums), had them look over it and put it on the dyno. Everything looked great (dynoed at 510rwhp).

Sold this:

and this:

and bought this:

very nice, bet u dont regret it one bit selling those 2 for that. congrats on a nice z man
Old 03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JunkyardZ
^^^lol, yea and that LS1 WAS touched by the hand of god!!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nassty00
lol what? did you just talk **** and agree at the same time? who said anything about a endless amount of money? nice try genius
How many times did you fail english class before they gave up on you and ordered you out of the class?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

very nice, bet u dont regret it one bit selling those 2 for that. congrats on a nice z man
Sure I miss my Firehawk. But I bet I'll enjoy my Z the same if not more than those cars and I'll miss it as well when that time comes to sale. I need a reliable daily driver and the market was right for me.

I made the new owners of both cars sign a 15 year 'right of first refusal' so I have the opportunity to buy it back when they do sale it. Although, I doubt they will be close to the shape I kept them in.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sure I miss my Firehawk. But I bet I'll enjoy my Z the same if not more than those cars and I'll miss it as well when that time comes to sale. I need a reliable daily driver and the market was right for me.

I made the new owners of both cars sign a 15 year 'right of first refusal' so I have the opportunity to buy it back when they do sale it. Although, I doubt they will be close to the shape I kept them in.
WTF

you are a true puppet master
Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
How many times did you fail english class before they gave up on you and ordered you out of the class?
lol you fail bro get out of here. that didnt make sense nor was it funny.

the real question is how many times have you lost in your stock firebird(gotta love the avatar)?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Just wondering, why did you replace the hood on the firehawk? Also, having a C6Z would surely help me get over any seller's remorse I may experience if I were to sell mine.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FireHawk178
Just wondering, why did you replace the hood on the firehawk? Also, having a C6Z would surely help me get over any seller's remorse I may experience if I were to sell mine.
A crack formed in the fiberglass around the heat extractors. I always preferred the more aggressive look of the WS6 so I decided to get a WS6 hood with 'hawk heat extractors.

The Z06 is a world away from the T/A's but I still find myself getting more excited when I see a WS6 on the road compared to a Z06. Maybe it's cause I still 'feel' like a Trans Am owner. Kinda hard to explain.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

lol you fail bro get out of here. that didnt make sense nor was it funny.

the real question is how many times have you lost in your stock firebird(gotta love the avatar)?
Lol you mad because you have no comeback to that? Obviously so.

And my Firebird is stock? News to me. No one told me full bolt ons, a tune, intake and other misc mods means a car is stock. Wtf do I know?

And what about my avatar? Oh right I get it now. It's clearly showing shots of my engine bay and under the car and inside the car, so it fully lists out everything done with it. Plz go. Your arguments are weak