How to claim or sue for diminished value?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny this thread came back to life. I am the original poster of this thread. I should give an update.

The car was repaired. The grand total ended up being approximately $15k. I filed a claim with the insurance company (progressive) and ended up getting around $4,000. I don't remember the exact amount since it's been a few years but I did get paid. The check was made out to me directly.

It worked out pretty well.

The funny part about this thread popping up again after so long is that I'm about to file another diminished value claim with progressive. My wife's 2013 Explorer Sport was hit approx 3 weeks ago. I just got it out of the shop Monday. I'm going to hit progressive up again tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny this thread came back to life. I am the original poster of this thread. I should give an update.

The car was repaired. The grand total ended up being approximately $15k. I filed a claim with the insurance company (progressive) and ended up getting around $4,000. I don't remember the exact amount since it's been a few years but I did get paid. The check was made out to me directly.

It worked out pretty well.

The funny part about this thread popping up again after so long is that I'm about to file another diminished value claim with progressive. My wife's 2013 Explorer Sport was hit approx 3 weeks ago. I just got it out of the shop Monday. I'm going to hit progressive up again tomorrow.

Quick Reply: How to claim or sue for diminished value?