I hate people from craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Whats even better if the people that think you are asking to much so they flag it for removal. I had my listing for my ATV flagged four different times by the same guy because I "wanted to much" for it. He said I was wasting his time by posting something for more than its worth. However, he couldnt give me a good answer as to what made him able to appraise an atv sight unseen with no knowledge of the market. He also couldnt tell me why instead of taking the time to flag my ad he couldnt have simply kept scrolling past it.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craigslist is frustrating but hey, its monetarily free and you will sell your ****, the cost is losing your patience dealing with these ****-tards. Of all the stuff I have put up over the years ranging from car parts, new and used, to furniture, appliances, electronics, cars, etc., they have all sold for not much less than what I wanted.

Hell right before the iPhone 4 came out, I warrantied my 3GS 32GB at The Apple Store and got a brand new phone to put up on CL. I actually had a bidding war going on and sold it for $50 more than I originally wanted the next day. I checked my phone bill for that period and the night of posting the ad, I had over 450 text messages (including responses and conversations with these people).

I always just put up a little higher asking price and don't get my hopes up. I cannot tell you how many times I have set aside my own time to meet people to show them something, they never show up and stop responding to correspondence. So, I just tell people to come by in a range of hours where I am just sitting on my *** anyway and if they show, great, if not, **** em'. No cash, no deal. I usually put in the ad that I'm not desperate to sell it so if you show up with less than an agreed price, I don't need to sell it and that works 90% of the time.

Last edited by 1SLwLS1; 03-25-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ That's what I do. I don't meet anyone halfway. Been there, done that. Too many times they don't show up. Post high that way after negotiating, they feel like they're getting a deal and you still get your actual price.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

With craigslist it's 80/20.....80% of the people who contact you are ******* retarded, the other 20% are only mildly retarded.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by drago1217
70" LCD ill take it. But all I have is $65 cause I didn't feel like going to the ATM .............is that cool?

LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

I've had great experiences with buying/selling items off of CL...you just have to know how to deal with people.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
I've had great experiences with buying/selling items off of CL...you just have to know how to deal with people.
+1 I've had nothing good but experiences buying and selling on CL. I have had a few lowballers email me but I just say no thanks.

As for meeting them at your place, be careful. That's getting EXTREMELY dangerous to do.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

I've never sold anything on CL(yet), but I've never had issues buying anything. I've always met people about halfway, or what they tell me is halfway!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Selling stuff on CL can be a major PITA.Buying is always good unless they sell it days ago and never take the posting off.Biggest pev I get is when a random number calls you with something you have for sale and doesn't leave a voicemail.I Don't call back anymore unless your intelligent enough to leave a message.Just today I bought a set of barely used Goodyear Tires for my work truck for $150 rather than $500 at a local tire shop for same ones.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Best thing for me dealing with CL is buying a $500 boat that just needed a battery and stator and selling a week later for $1200 without putting any money into it.Traded a buddy of mine a $200 Gun Cabinet for a Old beatup Ford F250 w/ a BB 460 and selling it for $800 to a guy.One situation I had that I still remember and pissed me off to no in was I was trying to sell my old 85 MCSS and got a local guy nearby wanting to trade me a 1980 Trans Am w/ a 455 HO motor swap.His car was deff. worth more but he offered a even swap.I drove out to his house and checked out the car.Shot the breeze for awhile.He came and looked at my car and did same.Talked on the phone for hours throughout the whole thing even about non car ****.He was gonna get his brother to load up the TA to bring to me.Load the MCSS and take it back.Day comes and nothing.Call and leave a message.Nothing till the next day when I try calling and says he was sick and was gonna call his brother after getting off the phone and to wait around for about a hour to let me know he was on his way.Not even 5 mins later I get a email from the guy.My Iphone beeps when I get new emails.He's sayin he doesn't need another car and yada yada yada.Wouldn't be a good trade on his end.I blew my lid.Dude couldn't even be man enough to call me to tell me or say it when I called him 5 mins earlier.I sent him a very friendly Email back week or 2 later I get a guy brought me 3k cash and gave him a week to come up with the $500 left to get the car.He couldn't and gave me a 94 4 door Lexus that runs& drives but needed a new waterpump & window motor.Was a little dirty and dents & dings everywhere.Sold it within 24 hours putting it on CL for $850