LMR - TX Mile Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So... is the LMR Camaro and Vette gonna be out in May? What about all the fast Supras and Lambos? Where were they?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:14 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Powerhouse
So... is the LMR Camaro and Vette gonna be out in May? What about all the fast Supras and Lambos? Where were they?
At home polishing their trophies from the past 4 years...
Old 03-28-2011, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Its monday night and we are back in houston. Thanks to everyone wishing us luck this past weeknd. We had a horrible start to a somewhat good weekend. First pass down the track was just a test run on 8psi to make sure everything was good 215mph. Next run we turned her up a little and had a terrible incedent, both tires blew before the mile and the chute was completely deployed crossing the finsish line at 213. The chute kept the car straight until it finally came to a stop at the turn where it spun.

The 18in wheels were completely destroyed from running on the concreted since the tires were gone. We spent all day saturday trying to find another wheel that would fit, but because of the custom offset we had no luck.

Sunday came and just for the hell of it decided to throw on the 20in wheels we have for the car which are just for car shows and crusies. We didnt even plan on really trying to run the car hard because there was no way a 20in Pirelli was going to stand a chance against 1800rwhp but we wanted to make a run in the car to make the customer happy.

First pass on the 20in wheels, car made 2lbs of boost in 1st and 2nd gear, then we had the boost controller set on 10lbs in 3rd and 4th. The car looked so slow making the run and BAM, the scoreboards lit up 222mph. We were all laughing so hard we decided to turn it up to 15lbs in 3rd and 4th gear and try her once more. Again, the car looked like it was on a sunday cruise until she got into 3rd, then 4th, then BAM 239mph on the scoreboard, we could hardly believe our eyes!

After that pass the track was getting ready to close so we didnt get a chance to try and turn her up anymore. Looks like we are going to have to wait until the next event to try and break the 250.1mph record currently held by a lambo.

I think with a little bit better tire, and just 25lbs of boost, this car is going to FLY!!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Its monday night and we are back in houston. Thanks to everyone wishing us luck this past weeknd. We had a horrible start to a somewhat good weekend. First pass down the track was just a test run on 8psi to make sure everything was good 215mph. Next run we turned her up a little and had a terrible incedent, both tires blew before the mile and the chute was completely deployed crossing the finsish line at 213. The chute kept the car straight until it finally came to a stop at the turn where it spun.

The 18in wheels were completely destroyed from running on the concreted since the tires were gone. We spent all day saturday trying to find another wheel that would fit, but because of the custom offset we had no luck.

Sunday came and just for the hell of it decided to throw on the 20in wheels we have for the car which are just for car shows and crusies. We didnt even plan on really trying to run the car hard because there was no way a 20in Pirelli was going to stand a chance against 1800rwhp but we wanted to make a run in the car to make the customer happy.

First pass on the 20in wheels, car made 2lbs of boost in 1st and 2nd gear, then we had the boost controller set on 10lbs in 3rd and 4th. The car looked so slow making the run and BAM, the scoreboards lit up 222mph. We were all laughing so hard we decided to turn it up to 15lbs in 3rd and 4th gear and try her once more. Again, the car looked like it was on a sunday cruise until she got into 3rd, then 4th, then BAM 239mph on the scoreboard, we could hardly believe our eyes!

After that pass the track was getting ready to close so we didnt get a chance to try and turn her up anymore. Looks like we are going to have to wait until the next event to try and break the 250.1mph record currently held by a lambo.

I think with a little bit better tire, and just 25lbs of boost, this car is going to FLY!!
Waiting for the vid!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to the next event, that's all there is to it!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCC
I wouldn't come because here of what hype? I have other things going that would have prevented me from running the car or even driving it for the forseeable future. So now there's hype because I sold it to someone that could actually get some use out of it?

Honestly Duy I don't need or want your money. I think you should take it and buy yourself a clue.

**** I'll take it for the need a new mod fund lol

Help out with my turbo build lol.

j/k

It's good to see you back posting and awesome to hear about the car runing and the MPH it did.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately an insane feat. Nobody saw this coming from a 4th gen Camaro. Nipping at the heels of that sick ART Viper on 20s and Pirellis. I think it is also clear that the MT DRs are a horrible choice. What about a set of the new Hoosier R6 345/35/18s? Oddly enough ART posted a statement from Hoosier saying 4 runs a set max. Either way glad driver and equipment were fairly unscathed. Again quite an achievement for this beast.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
12 Second Club

No one posted a video of the camaro found this one. Here you guys go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VoDDQF8I7qk
Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Camaro-Sutra
Beyond that, this wreck was NO WHERE NEAR as violent as the Lambo crash. This driver got lucky with the cage he had IMO. He spun/flipped around 200mph. Lambo lost it above 230mph and took a MUCH worse tumble.

William
Agreed that the Lambo wreck was more violent, but FWIW, Hinson pulled the datalog off the Holley and they flipped it at 230 as well

Hinson wreck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtsIBbIPW9A
Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I've heard lots of people saying their dataloggers are showing different speeds than the lasers pick up.

They flipped at a high speed that's for sure. I guess the MPH talk is off topic for what's being discussed.

Congrats to LMR on keeping the shiny side up and almost setting fastest speed of the weekend and doing so on a STREET TIRE!!!

Keep up the good work, and get ready to hurt some egos in May. I cant believe how slow that launch looked on video...
Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

LMR definitely has some *****,congrats to them and im more then sure they would have had the fastest trap if they had the right wheels and tires...
Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Worm Boy
Couldnt have put it better myself. I only saw the 239 pass and it looked like a granny was piloting it, then the boards lit up with the fastest pass of the day lol. From my view it seemed like 250.1 will be very easily had once y'all make a clean pass, congrats guys.

Also wanted to add one thing, Kelly is a very cool guy. Hes not stuck up or big headed whatsoever, just a good 'ol texas boy who loves talking cars no matter who its with. Good luck chasing the record!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Beast
Agreed that the Lambo wreck was more violent, but FWIW, Hinson pulled the datalog off the Holley and they flipped it at 230 as well

Hinson wreck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtsIBbIPW9A
I think it's safe to say M/T DR's won't be used in the next event.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was there a verdict on what caused the hinson crash? i hope it hasnt been posted yet.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Straight from Brian Hinsons mouth

As you have no doubt heard, the car was severely damaged near the 3/4 mile marker. We are very thankful that the driver walked away without any injury. He was flown to the hospital for an evaluation where he was released shortly thereafter. We pulled the data from the HOLLEY EFI Dominator ECU, and there was nothing wrong with the engine or drivetrain. All signs are pointing to a wheel/tire failure. The car was traveling at 230mph when it left the track, so it would have been a spectacular run for a different reason. We're confident it would have been in the 243-248mph range.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for posting the clarification. from what i saw in the vid, that would have been my first guess.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Powerhouse
I think it's safe to say M/T DR's won't be used in the next event.
Mine are on their wires from spirited back road driving from just 1 days use this weekend around the Texas Mile. We were hitting some sustained high speeds. I got lucky and won't do that again. Had to ride the rest of the way to the Mile with a buddy and leave the car at the River House, then found out two sets of the tires I was running were in question in these wrecks.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like I have some reading to do back at norotors...
Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought they would have used some aftermarket forged wheels with a car going that fast. Glad to see the driver made it out ok.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
I thought they would have used some aftermarket forged wheels with a car going that fast. Glad to see the driver made it out ok.
werd x2