Non Texans in Texas members

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texas is the ****, except for Daytona Beach... will always live in texas if i can help it.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Elite-Let me preface this by saying I dont mean anything derogatory by my post just my pure opinion after paying my way through life.

Through HS I worked at different restaraunts and once I graduated was able to work better hours, I became friends with a lot of people at work and ALWAYS had something to do. Either the people where you work really suck or you need to work on your people skills. At all the restaraunts/bars I worked at i atleast made a couple of friends. I dont know what type of restaraunt you work at but find a job at one that is "fun". I worked at Joes Crab Shack in Kemah and had a blast, and the type of waiters that work at a place like that are interested in partying and having a good time.

While youre in school and waiting tables Id give up on the procharged modded TA dream. A procharger is only a small part of the equation, to make that blown TA a RELIABLE DD will cost a lot of money that tips waiting tables at a normal restaraunt arent going to pay for. Keep your TA mild, take the money saved and use it towards chasing women. You are in the PRIME of your life for women(well maybe 3 more years when youre 21 but close enoguh), cars will always be around. Pay your bills, do well in school and have a social life, dont be a slave to that car whether it be working on it or working to pay for parts. you can always build something later, you cant get the days youre living in now back.

At 25, Ive got a wife and kid, it is great but I had a blast when I was your age, get out there and make this time of your life worth its while. Prochargers will still be around after you graduate. Dom had a good point, buy you a cheap *** beater that will cost you 30 bucks to insure a month and knock down 40+ a gallon. Drive it to campus where it will get beat to **** and keep your TA clean for a date-mobile and cruising. Car meets are a good place to meet some cool people, a lot of my friends in real life I met because of this site and meets that I attended. Everyone on here has a common interest and youd be surprised that you might find there are a lot more interests you share in common. The other common denominator around here seems to be alcohol

Keep your head up, Texas is the best place to be, give it a chance, I think your opinion might change
Hey man, thanks I appreciate that post. Was refreshing to hear that The restaurant has plenty of cool people but I'm the youngest waiter, the others are in their 20s so when they go to bars or other social outings, I'm not usually able to get in It's also pretty far from where I live, but I am looking for a second job closer to home that will have more people my age. At the movie theatre I used to work at I made tons of friends who were my age or a little older and they were close so we were able to socialize. It would probably also help if I got a cell phone

(Oh and the restaurant I work at is a slightly formal casual dining restaurant. We get some fairly rich people who show up. I don't know if you saw earlier, but TCU's head football coach came in and I spilled coffee on him )

*sigh* I wish I could chase some women but I haven't been in that game for over a year now, and I'm trying to make some guy friends who can give me some confidence back or at least point me in the right direction of some women. Would feel weird talking to a girl and if she asks what I do for fun and I say "Oh I have no friends so I surf the net" I made a big mistake and got very hung up on one girl in CA, not gonna do that again, so I definitely agree with you there.

Got a PM from someone who posted in this thread about a local club, I attended one meet last summer in late June but bounced to CA right after so I'll definitely be giving that a shot again, would be nice to meet some other Fbody enthusiasts, I rarely meet any IRL

And lastly, the Procharged TA does seem like a bit of a pipe dream I admit =\ I know of 2 on here under 100k miles that are 12k and 13.5k, those don't seem to bad, so if I find a really good deal I might still try to go for it in a year or so, I should definitely have that saved up. I'm already meeting up with two guy about another job Sunday, so once I get the details on that we'll see what's up and how life goes for me. I figure now is the time to get some good work habits re-established and find a way to make a decent source of income that can carry over throughout college and make things a bit easier on me the next 4 years, just need to balance it work, school and play.

Thanks for the reply though, made me feel better I think I'm just frustrated because (as I've griped to my parents) I see a ton of potential around here, it's just all that potential is sapped away when it's just me, myself and I We'll see how the next 3 months treat me
Old 03-31-2011, 06:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figured it out. Most other states don't have cool songs. So people lurk here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMk208Op1Jc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXXzYDKOVK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWLw7nozO_U
Old 03-31-2011, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
^^^^
92 toyota corolla, drove it for 212000 miles before I sold it to a neighbor, it would get 41mpg as long as I kept it under 75.