GTO vs Tree @ Cars and Coffee meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GTO is also a little past due on getting the registration renewed. Hopefully he got a ticket for that, being a idiot, and having the ugliest hood ever.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sluggish
I'm talking about post 39
Video was purposely added to beginning of post for people who have no idea what this thread is about. I though it would make sense to let the members who have been following the story to see a video toward the end. You really are a bit sluggish huh?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Staging Lane

Hey "GO HOME" since you live "on the tree" will you take part in the trees lawsuit? lol
Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That GTO azzhat was parked accross from me during the show and the driver was a complete tool and acted like a douche from the minute he pulled in. I left my car at the show to go to my sons soccer game at the YMCA accross the freeway and came back around 10:15 and was leaving around 10:30 and the accident had just happened. What's great is the wrecker brought the car back into the show and this clown just stands there smiling like he's the ****. Judging by his attitude, he'll be back and hopefully it will still be at the Vintage.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Videos like these are starting to **** me off. You can only watch so many morons wreck their cars before the novelty wears off. If people want to destroy their crap then take it to the drag strip where at least there's bleachers, beer, and medical personal waiting to pull you out.

Seriously, this happens at EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's either the white corvette nearly pancaking somebody, the Dodge Viper doing 360's, or this moron.

I remember one time I went to the Nifty Fifties meet and people were complaining on how picky the organizers were with allowing cars in. People with brand new Shelby's and Corvettes were being turned away because it didn't fit the show criteria but now I understand where they are coming from. Cars and Coffee needs to adapt this model and start discriminating with who they allow in.

The appeal of going to these events is to see Bentley's, Ferrari's, Cup Cars and other budget busting vehicles that I would only otherwise see at a car show, in a magazine, or at a specialty show. At least that was my impression the first time I was there.

Fact is they need to get all the cheap cars out of there. Set a hard line. If the appeal is expensive cars only, then make it to where if your vehicle isn't worth at least 80K+ plus, then it's not allowed in. Require registration and have people at the front checking it. Yes, it's going to hurt some feelings when people won't be able to show up in a blown LSX, a used Viper or a brand new Charger with aftermarket Halo's and glitter paint but you can go to any parking lot street meet or local Twin peaks and see those vehicles.

Something like this needs to be done before the show is shut down permanently. We can be thankful that so far all that's been taken out is a few trees, some overpass paint and maybe some ugly fiberglass at this point but it's progressively getting worse, not getting better and eventually it's going to peak; probably with some uninsured idiot in a 3rd Gen F-Body taking out the front end of a Bentley Platinum Super Special Edition, then ****'s really going to hit the fan. It's going to drive away to core audience (the big money car owners) and all you'll have left is a bunch of herp-derps trying to out stunna each other.

That's all I have to say. In the words of the infamous Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, who infamously quoted herself, I have to ask "Must I die, Must I die?"
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

I agree 100% Vazquez - couldn't have said it better
Old 04-04-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
Videos like these are starting to **** me off. You can only watch so many morons wreck their cars before the novelty wears off. If people want to destroy their crap then take it to the drag strip where at least there's bleachers, beer, and medical personal waiting to pull you out.

Seriously, this happens at EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's either the white corvette nearly pancaking somebody, the Dodge Viper doing 360's, or this moron.

I remember one time I went to the Nifty Fifties meet and people were complaining on how picky the organizers were with allowing cars in. People with brand new Shelby's and Corvettes were being turned away because it didn't fit the show criteria but now I understand where they are coming from. Cars and Coffee needs to adapt this model and start discriminating with who they allow in.

The appeal of going to these events is to see Bentley's, Ferrari's, Cup Cars and other budget busting vehicles that I would only otherwise see at a car show, in a magazine, or at a specialty show. At least that was my impression the first time I was there.

Fact is they need to get all the cheap cars out of there. Set a hard line. If the appeal is expensive cars only, then make it to where if your vehicle isn't worth at least 80K+ plus, then it's not allowed in. Require registration and have people at the front checking it. Yes, it's going to hurt some feelings when people won't be able to show up in a blown LSX, a used Viper or a brand new Charger with aftermarket Halo's and glitter paint but you can go to any parking lot street meet or local Twin peaks and see those vehicles.

Something like this needs to be done before the show is shut down permanently. We can be thankful that so far all that's been taken out is a few trees, some overpass paint and maybe some ugly fiberglass at this point but it's progressively getting worse, not getting better and eventually it's going to peak; probably with some uninsured idiot in a 3rd Gen F-Body taking out the front end of a Bentley Platinum Super Special Edition, then ****'s really going to hit the fan. It's going to drive away to core audience (the big money car owners) and all you'll have left is a bunch of herp-derps trying to out stunna each other.

That's all I have to say. In the words of the infamous Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, who infamously quoted herself, I have to ask "Must I die, Must I die?"
I agree...some sort of stipulation needs to be put in place.

I lol'd at the Sheila Jackson Lee quote. Gotta love that Sheila
Old 04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GOHOME
Video was purposely added to beginning of post for people who have no idea what this thread is about. I though it would make sense to let the members who have been following the story to see a video toward the end. You really are a bit sluggish huh?
You also put it in post 59, you "found" the video 4 hours after someone posted it in this thread. I know why you put it the first post. But none of this matters, GTO looked like damn it and people are morons.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5w20
his car got loose and hit the tree.

he did lose in this situation.
The difference between loose and lose is one "O" $hlt!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I agree...some sort of stipulation needs to be put in place.

I lol'd at the Sheila Jackson Lee quote. Gotta love that Sheila
I just needed to throw that in to really hammer it home.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:46 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

One of the main problems with C&C is that they have all these spectators hanging out by the exit, encouraging the morons to show off. If these asshat drivers didn't have an audience, they likely wouldn't be spinning the tires and showing off. Any of you that go stand by an exit, you are merely contributing to the problem. While not directly responsible, you are indirectly responsible for idiots doing what they do. Please do not gather at the exits, or encourage the idiots. Stay in the parking lot, where the show is.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
One of the main problems with C&C is that they have all these spectators hanging out by the exit, encouraging the morons to show off. If these asshat drivers didn't have an audience, they likely wouldn't be spinning the tires and showing off. Any of you that go stand by an exit, you are merely contributing to the problem. While not directly responsible, you are indirectly responsible for idiots doing what they do. Please do not gather at the exits, or encourage the idiots. Stay in the parking lot, where the show is.
+1 - Totally agree!!!! This is the main problem and allowing only 80K+ cars in there is not going to solve the problem as there are just as many dumb ***** that drive 80K+ vehicles as lower value vehicles. I personally don't want to see it go that route as I love taking my car up there and enjoying the morning shooting the **** with all kinds of car guys and seeing all kinds of cars. The problem lies with the drivers not the cars!!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Teching In

ok so you allow the 80k+ cars only, you still need spectators and guess what those spectators will be the same asshats doing it then that are doing it now. a registration wouldn't be bad that way if your caught doing something stupid they can deny you entry next time, but allowing 80k+ cars only will kill the meet all together because there are far more 40-50k cars there than 80k+ car. i agree with nineball as well, the spectators are just making it worse and actually could get the meet shut down because a car will end up in the crowd and then it will all be over.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Launching!

That was the ugliest hood ever....

This car was parked next to a Brazen Orange Metallic that had Autozone 'Extreme' emblems under the GTO emblem.

Have these cars gotten this cheap? Might as well have had Vtech stickers on it.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tackling the problem from the crowds or cars aspect, I think it's pretty much unanimous that something needs to be done because things are progressively getting worse. I myself have witnessed just on the aftermath reports where it's notched up from the potential for accidents to happen to accidents happening every meet. It's not going to get better.

It's a sanctioned car show. There's going to be a crowd, and the crowd is going to go where the cars are. When they are all leaving the parking lot, guess where they are going to be?

Additionally, space is limited as is and I think some of the legitimate C&C material cars are pushed to the sides because you have 12 Corvettes with "custom chopper" airbrushing on the engine covers taking up the prime parking spots.

I'm just offering suggestions. I really can't definitively say what the answer is. However, I think the nature of C&C is that it's a show for high dollar, specialty vehicles. What's that line? 50K with mods? 80K MSRP? 1 of 500 built? Who knows, but something needs to be established and control measures need to be put in place. In my honest opinion, If you can drive the length of Interstate 45 in Houston and see it for sale on the side of the road, then it probably shouldn't be at Cars and Coffee.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

That's what happens when you try to show off too much
Old 04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Teching In

IMO everything went down hill after the "old" C&C organizers handed over the reigns. It will never recover to the "cool place to hang, drink coffee and look at nice cars" meet. It was never meant to be such a bastardized car meet like it is now. Good luck with the next one.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Texas-Firehawk
The difference between loose and lose is one "O" $hlt!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 5w20
SHE DID IT!!!!!

And that hood had some type of bipolar disorder or came from mixed parents..
Old 04-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1vazquez
In my honest opinion, If you can drive the length of Interstate 45 in Houston and see it for sale on the side of the road, then it probably shouldn't be at Cars and Coffee.
Lol that criteria kinda sucks, there is a Lambo dealer on I-45N just north of greenspoint. I get what you are saying but I had to throw that in there. The only problem with what you are saying and its been mentioned before is even if you restrict the "meet" to these high end cars, tool bags like that GTO driver are still going to show up to look. They may have to park somewhere else but they will still do stupid **** near the meet and it will reflect poorly on the meet.

Quick Reply: GTO vs Tree @ Cars and Coffee meet