What would you guys have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can just picture the look on your face lol.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Report it before we blow up!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slash8915
What would you guys have done if this had happened to you?
the dude obviously doesn't have a bomb already because he is asking how to make one, so take a pen & paper, follow that ****** outside and write down his license plate # and description of the car

then call the FBI and NOT the police simply because the police will not do anything. They are very restricted in what they can do and most wont do anything if they could anyways

the FBI isnt restricted on what they can do, they will just pull the "patriot act" out which lets them do ANYTHING they want, and they will find out if this guy actually poses a threat

its people like you that just sit there and dont do anything, like a retard and confused like a deer in the headlights........ then after your very slow mind has had time to think you then realize "oh **** i should have done something" but you didn't cuz you were either too scared or too stupid to man up and take control of the situation so now you wonder if "you should have done anything???"

rather its 6 weeks from now or 6 months from now, if you see on your local news that a building was blown up who are you gonna think who did it?

it wasn't but a couple of months ago some towel head tried the same thing here in dallas, and even tried to buy explosives he needed for the bomb from undercover FBI agents...... he was going to blow up a highly populated building here in downtown

it may not amount to anything BUT you HAVE to take things like this serious....... it should be your moral obligation as well as your civil obligation

if you could help stop something but didn't your hands are dirty too

Old 04-07-2011, 09:07 PM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even now call the police! Protect yourself and others at all costs. Think about it...several streets and freeways in our city all have camera's for this type of investigative scenario. You would only need date/time (in store camera), and a brief description of car for police to narrow it down. Homeland security would be in his dumpster < 24hrs. Be part of the solution!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

This is obviously a joke, no one is that stupid
Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by metalmilitia606
I would tell the cops. Even though you couldn't get a positive ID on the guy I would at least let them know. Considering how crazy some people are these days you can't really afford to cast this off as some guy being funny or weird.
x 2 on that one
Old 04-07-2011, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Have you reported it already?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:08 AM
9 Second Club

Well, I notified the FBI. I gave them all the info I could. Even THEY said it was a good thing I didn't follow him because if he was serious about making a bomb, chances are he had a weapon with him. I'm sure if that's the case, I doubt he would have had a problem using it.

To those of you comparing this to a women getting mugged, it's a bit different. If i saw someone outside getting robbed I'd call the cops then most likely go out to help because it's an immediate and definite threat. I'm not going to follow a possible terrorist to his car at night and try to write down him plate number. That's just stupid. Not to mention if it WAS a joke, then it would have been pointless
Old 04-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Launching!

We're not allowed to follow anyone. Even if we SEE them steal something, we can't do anything unless they confess. Company policy.
Originally Posted by Slow LSX
You never go regegade as a Blockbuster manager and try to be some hero, his company has a policy like he said where he cannot leave the store. One for legal issues and two for protection issues.
Well I wonder what Blockbuster's policy will be when the crazy **** comes back to blow up the store cause they don't have bomb making videos. Now I'm not saying the OP should have tackled the guy and revoked his membership card, but I would at least follow him out and get a license plate #, weather it breaks company policy or not.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

You should've at least got his lp number and reported him to the authorities.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Banned

Well, I notified the FBI. I gave them all the info I could. Even THEY said it was a good thing I didn't follow him because if he was serious about making a bomb, chances are he had a weapon with him. I'm sure if that's the case, I doubt he would have had a problem using it.
ever heard of the phrase "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

as soon as he walked in with his head down you said you thought it was because he was trying not to get seen on the stores video surveillance..... this was your initial thought on something was going on..... then when you could tell he was middle eastern and went to the "special interest" section this was another sign of something weird

you are already curious about how suspicious this guy is and when he comes up to ask you about a video on "how to make a bomb" this confirms your suspicions

this is where the "keep your enemies closer" part comes in

tell him "i think i saw something like that over here" and walk towards a section in the store thats close to a camera...... act like your trying to find it....... then after you think the camera got a good shot, tell him "let me check if its checked out" walk back to the computer and act like your looking something up

make him think you're just serving a customer, besides wouldn't that be what you would do if it was a hot blonde chick looking for something in particular as well???

tell him "it's checked out but due back tomorrow" tell him when it returns you can hold it for him, or say you guys offer a mail service...... so he can either pick it up at the store or order it and it will get mailed straight to him like netflix....... now ask for his membership card or info to reserve it

at this point you have done as much as you can get away with to not look suspicious, if he is dumb enough to give you any info and he probably will be, than thats good info to share with the FBI

when he chooses to leave say some small talk like "man i've been here all day, time for a break" and walk outside with him....... ask him for a cigarette, make him think you really are going on a small break and the reason why you are going outside is to smoke...... act like your calling your significant other and start a conversation while holding your phone

he should be thinking you're going on break to smoke and to call your woman...... he should NOT be thinking you went to follow him so he shouldn't be a threat to you, you just have to play it off well

get his car description & plate number, save it in your phone so you dont forget..... then pass that info on as well

there are a million different things you can do to manipulate a situation, not just be a bystander thats confused like a deer in the headlights...... take control of the situation, use your head, there are ways to get what you want without putting yourself in harms way

Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
ever heard of the phrase "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

as soon as he walked in with his head down you said you thought it was because he was trying not to get seen on the stores video surveillance..... this was your initial thought on something was going on..... then when you could tell he was middle eastern and went to the "special interest" section this was another sign of something weird

you are already curious about how suspicious this guy is and when he comes up to ask you about a video on "how to make a bomb" this confirms your suspicions

this is where the "keep your enemies closer" part comes in

tell him "i think i saw something like that over here" and walk towards a section in the store thats close to a camera...... act like your trying to find it....... then after you think the camera got a good shot, tell him "let me check if its checked out" walk back to the computer and act like your looking something up

make him think you're just serving a customer, besides wouldn't that be what you would do if it was a hot blonde chick looking for something in particular as well???

tell him "it's checked out but due back tomorrow" tell him when it returns you can hold it for him, or say you guys offer a mail service...... so he can either pick it up at the store or order it and it will get mailed straight to him like netflix....... now ask for his membership card or info to reserve it

at this point you have done as much as you can get away with to not look suspicious, if he is dumb enough to give you any info and he probably will be, than thats good info to share with the FBI

when he chooses to leave say some small talk like "man i've been here all day, time for a break" and walk outside with him....... ask him for a cigarette, make him think you really are going on a small break and the reason why you are going outside is to smoke...... act like your calling your significant other and start a conversation while holding your phone

he should be thinking you're going on break to smoke and to call your woman...... he should NOT be thinking you went to follow him so he shouldn't be a threat to you, you just have to play it off well

get his car description & plate number, save it in your phone so you dont forget..... then pass that info on as well

there are a million different things you can do to manipulate a situation, not just be a bystander thats confused like a deer in the headlights...... take control of the situation, use your head, there are ways to get what you want without putting yourself in harms way

All good ideas. Only reason I couldn't get his plates were because he was parked 50+ yards away and it was dark out. Believe me, that's the first thing I tried to see out of the window.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Teching In

I'm the Asst. Manager at the Blockbuster in Pearland. The other night, a guy walked in who was mid 40's, middle eastern, and had a beard. He was wearing normal clothes and no turban instead he has a hat, and was looking down (i guess so the camera couldn't see his face.) So he walks in at around 8:30 and looks in the "special interest" section for a few minutes. Then he comes up to me at the counter and asks in a heavy accent "Do you have movie on making bomb?" At first I thought it was a joke, but he looked VERY serious. I told him "No we don't, and I doubt you'll find anything like that in the area." He said "Thanks, i will look on internet."

He walked out, and I tried to get a look at his car and plate number, but he was parked many yards out and it was dark out. I couldn't see his plates or even what car he drove. All I know is that it was a dark color (black or dark blue). I thought about calling the cops, but the description I could give them wouldn't help much and when I reviewed the camera, you couldn't see his face one bit.

What would you guys have done if this had happened to you?
I would have shot him. Haha... well I do carry a gun i dont know thats really threaenting i would have asked him why he wanted to build a bomb!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Hind sight is 20/20 but...

i would have told him the one copy we do have is out. Let me get your phone number and once it's back, I'll call you.