got into an accident

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not saying in all cases DV is bad, it's a hassle for sure for all parties involved, however there are valid cases of DV; FOR SURE. This truck wouldn't have much DV if any from the "Frame damage" I would almost guarentee that it isn't off. The hangers for measuring frame damage are behind where that rail end is.. That's why they offer front rail end sections and it's an approved I-Car procedure. Majority of the time on DV claims the shop will just have to "keep fixing it" until the damage is fixed up to par. *Looking at the picture again, the top bolt for the front bumper mount looks like it's oblonged/stretched. They may end up having to do a front rail end anyways.

I don't know what dollar amount they would put on the branding on carfax- autocheck... Do what you'd like and feel comfortable with. DV claims are not easy on any side.

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
I don't care if the car is put back to 100% with OEM parts, it's never able to be sold as "never wrecked" and will have a significant red flag on the CARFAX/Autocheck (Wrecked PLUS Frame Damage) and will most definitely decrease the resale value of the car, hence DV. That's just my experience/opinion - you can usually pay a couple hundred to get a professional DV appraisal which would help your cause.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
You guys have a pool?
I was thinking the same thing...
Old 04-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Teching In

hood, bumper, grille, front signal lamps, fender, doors, maybe b-pillar and small repair to quarter....did bags blow? if so total it out.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No need to go all ***** nilly unless you just have money. The fenders are an easy fix and that mild of a hit wouldn't hurt the doors or pillar. I honestly can't tell but I doubt that would make it to the frame machine either, just a few minutes with a chain and pole at most, your good bro.

Like I said, if you want you can bring it where I work and I can hook you up. I think I even have an 05+ front end if you want to upgrade, I know I have the grill.

Originally Posted by tmac2419
my question is, shes a sophmore in high school, with a chevy hhr ss. is her family wanting to adopt?
If I took a picture of the high school parking lot it would probably hurt a lot of feelings lol. Must be nice.... Last year it looked like a damn car show between the Trans Am's, 3 convertible first gens, my chevelles and camaro's, friends nova, several classic mustangs etc..
Old 04-20-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I took it to strickland chevy in pearland, they already fixed the frame and fenders and are waiting on a hood to come in. Ive never heard of DV?? How does all that work, and my truck is a 02 with 175k miles but is well maintained!

Retardedpenguin - im not looking to get rich or anything off this, i just want my truck fixedas best as possible. Thanks for the offer though. Lol
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah my bags didnt blow but my steering wheel was loose after the accident i guess when i was gripping it and hit her i jarred something loose but the guy at strickland said they fixed it, also my doors are fine my fenders didnt even shift just got some minor dents and scratches but they got that takin care of.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not about getting rich just all those other shops charge out the *** for everything lol. But damn that's quick, that's an expensive shop tho so i guess they aren't too busy.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
It's not about getting rich just all those other shops charge out the *** for everything lol. But damn that's quick, that's an expensive shop tho so i guess they aren't too busy.
nah they were sitting on their *** in a circle when i went to go look at my truck, but then again it was like 10 minutes before they closed for the day so im sure even if they did have work to do they were just like F*** IT!!!! i wish i could do that at my job.