NE Texas members, avoid Red River Ford in Durant, OK

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 98noscamaross
Maybe they voided the warranty because with less than 5k miles he brings it in to be serviced and have his bald tires replaced (which they replaced), then he shows up again not too long after that with bald tires again wanting them replaced, and then they find the videos that HE posted of him drag racing it and generally ragging the **** out of it.
Either you are mistaken or just have someone at Ford feeding you **** like the human centipede because they fixed a flat the day after he bought it and never touched the tires after that. The car was never taken in "to be serviced". The next time they saw it was when the slave cylinder fucked up, and they didn't see it again until the trans took a dump.

He had some wider Hankook's put on at a tire shop and they were still like new when he got rid of it.

Either some confusion is involved or someone got told some lies by the dealership.

Last edited by thunderstruck507; 05-10-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Op sounds like ford just f your brother. Hell the chevy dealer in lawton oklahoma got me a new diff for my car under warranty and I brought it to the dealer with slicks and skinnies still on the car lol then put a spool in it. Chevy trans have always been better then ford that's why so many guys run th400's but then they use ford 9 inch rearends lol.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by 02ws666
take to another dealer. not that big of a deal. talk to the service manager there. easy. they dont wanna fix it open a claim with ford. HOWEVER, i personaly know someone who is getting fucked by ford as well. he has a powerstroke 6.0 harley davidson edition. spent alot of money bought it brand new. something happened to the motor(go figure its a powerchoke) at around 90k miles. they pulled the motor and fixed it. since then, he has had it back in the shop 6 times in 5k miles for similar issues. his warranty is up at 100k. so he called ford and tried to get them to provide him an extended warranty or extend whats happening to his truck. they flat out denied him. and its not like he drives a ranger. he drives the top of the line truck from them. pretty shitty if you ask me
that may not help either. i read on www.Jalopnik.com that this is a known defect on mustangs. the Chinese components in the transmission are the source of failure
Old 05-11-2011, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LSX_240
I actually live in Durant and havent had any problems with the ford dealer there (Parents and I have bought new vehicles). Also ive seen that GT/CS of your brothers and im sorry to say but he drives the hell out of it everywhere and from the sounds of it (literally hear him drive) doesnt know how to shift. Justified IMO
Originally Posted by 98noscamaross
Maybe they voided the warranty because with less than 5k miles he brings it in to be serviced and have his bald tires replaced (which they replaced), then he shows up again not too long after that with bald tires again wanting them replaced, and then they find the videos that HE posted of him drag racing it and generally ragging the **** out of it.
Links?
Proof?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

The guy he traded the car too took it to a friend of his at a different dealer to get fixed. Turns out the 2nd gear teeth were stripped and the synchro bearing was busted...just like the cars in the Jalopnik article.

They were able to lift the flag and it is being repaired under Ford warranty like it should have been in the first place.

Really shitty it took a guy being good friends with a service manager to get a proper inspection/repair.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
The guy he traded the car too took it to a friend of his at a different dealer to get fixed. Turns out the 2nd gear teeth were stripped and the synchro bearing was busted...just like the cars in the Jalopnik article.

They were able to lift the flag and it is being repaired under Ford warranty like it should have been in the first place.

Really shitty it took a guy being good friends with a service manager to get a proper inspection/repair.

I have been there before with Ford dealerships, Mac Haik (Georgetown) refused to work on my 03 cobra, several months old at the time, because I had a CAI and catback. Guess what I took in for??? A damn headliner issue! There was no need to even raise the hood, they of course did. I went to Leif Johnson after that and ended becoming good friends with the adviser and SVT mechanic, they later warrantied my driver side and eventually passenger side cylinder heads for the infamous 'tick', the car by that time had a D&D Viper T-56, ported and pullied eaton etc...
Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well from what ive heard it wasnt even the dealership that made the final decision it was Ford. So even if they wanted to Ford said no.....
Old 05-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just read the last post on page 2 seems he was let go.....

Quick Reply: NE Texas members, avoid Red River Ford in Durant, OK