Who here goes to the 24 hour fitness off rufe snow or western center?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
I'm in there on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 8am sharp, otherwise I am at the Bedford location the other 5 days.
I'm not hard to miss...I'm 6/4, right around 250lbs, and my name is Justin.
I've been lifting daily for 11 years now, so I might know a thing or two about the subject.

Just come up and say hello and I will be happy to help you out with what I can.
i was curious about the rufe snow location specifically. i notice on the website that it has free weights, but does it also have cables? i like to take it easy sometimes lol
Old 05-10-2011, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red98ls1
LOL....yep, it's me! Daily drive that thing man!! My car hasn't seen the road in 2yrs........AGAIN!!!!
Dang...I still need to come check your beast out!
Does it still have the twins on it?
Please tell me it does!

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
i was curious about the rufe snow location specifically. i notice on the website that it has free weights, but does it also have cables? i like to take it easy sometimes lol
Yes, tons of machines, including Hammer Strength, Icarian/Precor, Cybex, Life Fitness, FreeMotion, and Nautilus.

Last edited by Black2001z06; 05-10-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

sweet, sounds good. the uta gym where i currently work out has the life fitness and hammer strength machines, so i guess i'll feel right at home.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

man, i think i need to look for another gym. alot of the machines have issues with em, only one cables station works right out of 3.
too many bro in laws, and forget going after 6pm. it might as well be a dam night club.
i dread when i have to go after 6pm becuz of work schedule. takes me longer to use the weights and stations. too many people standing around, jibber jabbing.
i stick to db and hammer strength machines. and how come there isnt any more cast iron plates anymore??
ive been to a few gyms lately lookin for a replacement, and none had cast iron plates. WTF??
sorry for rant
Old 05-10-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NemeSS
ive been to a few gyms lately lookin for a replacement, and none had cast iron plates. WTF??
sorry for rant
Have you tried out here?

http://www.metroflexhouston.com/
Old 05-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Dang...I still need to come check your beast out!
Does it still have the twins on it?
Please tell me it does!
LOL....of course it does! Now they are bigger and better! Lots of changes going on with the car now.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:02 AM
On The Tree

This got
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kingd_202
This got
LOL, I'm still up there on the weekends.

How's your training going?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 AM
On The Tree

Good lol, its hard for me to wake up in the morning. Ive been going at 1pm lately... Im 2 percent body fat, more defined and gained good amount of mass...
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good lol, its hard for me to wake up in the morning. Ive been going at 1pm lately... Im 2 percent body fat, more defined and gained good amount of mass...
It's hard for everyone to wake up early.
You just have to commit and stay dedicated is all.

2%???
You sure about that bro?
If so, you definitely must be a walking twig, lol!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

LOL, Im around mid 150's. Correct on the 2% or less, they cant determine anything under 5% bf, 2% was there guess. My arms are around 13-13.5in...

Did you friend Mike Kelley get rid of his Lambo for the zr1?
Old 06-01-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, Im around mid 150's. Correct on the 2% or less, they cant determine anything under 5% bf, 2% was there guess. My arms are around 13-13.5in...

Did you friend Mike Kelley get rid of his Lambo for the zr1?
I really doubt you are at 2%BF(or less as you say), as most marathon guys are >2%BF, just so you know.
2%BF in a male is life threatening.
3%BF is required for basic body functions.
Most bodybuilders are onstage at around 6-7%BF(keep in mind how vascular they look on stage as well).
If you really want to know your true BF%, just measure using Hydrostatic Underwater Weighing or Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry(DEXA), as the margin of error of each is only around 2-3%.

You sound like to me that you are just skinny and uneducated when it comes to physical fitness is all(no offense).

Mike does not have the lambo anymore.
He does have a white zr1 now though.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

yeah 2% is insanely low. im pretty skinny myself and im at 16%
Old 06-02-2011, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

I really doubt you are at 2%BF(or less as you say), as most marathon guys are >2%BF, just so you know.
2%BF in a male is life threatening.
3%BF is required for basic body functions.
Most bodybuilders are onstage at around 6-7%BF(keep in mind how vascular they look on stage as well).
If you really want to know your true BF%, just measure using Hydrostatic Underwater Weighing or Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry(DEXA), as the margin of error of each is only around 2-3%.

You sound like to me that you are just skinny and uneducated when it comes to physical fitness is all(no offense).

Mike does not have the lambo anymore.
He does have a white zr1 now though.

No offense taken lol, yea I am pretty uneducated about body fitness but i have been researching more about it. I was told by a fitness trainer there when he measured me. But I am pretty skinny though, I will have to meet up at the gym with you hopefully soon..
Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 AM
-M-

I was also told my camaro has a V8 by the guy at autozone... doesnt mean its true lol
Old 06-02-2011, 02:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -M-
I was also told my camaro has a V8 by the guy at autozone... doesnt mean its true lol

lol true, they seemed like they knew what they were doing and what there talking about... I bought about $120 of there protein shakes, vitamins, and pre workouts with them promising me I would get bigger and stronger
After doing everything they told me to do I was still the same Im going to take some encouraging words from black2001z06 and start learning more about the human body, muscles, and workout excersies...
Old 06-02-2011, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No offense taken lol, yea I am pretty uneducated about body fitness but i have been researching more about it. I was told by a fitness trainer there when he measured me. But I am pretty skinny though, I will have to meet up at the gym with you hopefully soon..
I hear ya.
The trainer most likely just did a skin-fold test on you(which isn't the most accurate way to conduct BF%'s, but it can measure progression, just like the scale).

I used to personal train all through college and am certified through Cooper's clinic and have been lifting daily for well over 10 years now.

I learned most of what I know in the gym and personal experience, not reading books though.
I do read a lot, but there is just so much contradicting information out there, it's hard to know what to believe and what is "hype" anymore!
Anyways, like I said...I'm always at that location in the mornings on Saturday and Sundays, so just let me know if I can help out.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:10 PM
-M-

Ive been to the 24 hour fitness of western center and 35, as i live in the vicinity. Nice club, I would go more often if i had a steady membership.

anyone know the secret to gut busting? this spare tire needs to go!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -M-
Ive been to the 24 hour fitness of western center and 35, as i live in the vicinity. Nice club, I would go more often if i had a steady membership.

anyone know the secret to gut busting? this spare tire needs to go!
Lets go work out with me!!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

I hear ya.
The trainer most likely just did a skin-fold test on you(which isn't the most accurate way to conduct BF%'s, but it can measure progression, just like the scale).

I used to personal train all through college and am certified through Cooper's clinic and have been lifting daily for well over 10 years now.

I learned most of what I know in the gym and personal experience, not reading books though.
I do read a lot, but there is just so much contradicting information out there, it's hard to know what to believe and what is "hype" anymore!
Anyways, like I said...I'm always at that location in the mornings on Saturday and Sundays, so just let me know if I can help out.

Yea thats what its called skin-fold test, where can i go to find my accurate BF%?