Job opening

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Job opening

I need a full-time receptionist/assistant. If you like the small family owned and operated atmosphere, shoot me a PM.

Location: North Houston, ZIP 77091 (on N Shepherd between Little York and Tidwell). Our office has quick access to I-45, 610 loop and Hwy 290.

Hours: M-F 8am - 5pm with 30mins to an hour lunch pretty much whenever you want. The only hitch is that on or around the 15th of each month, staying late will be necessary and vacations for this department are effectively off-limits from the 11th through 15th of each month.

Pay: Hourly, overtime available but limited except for the time frame stated above.

Job Requirements: answer and distribute incoming calls, take messages, filing, data entry, some very basic auditing (matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vendor statements; matching customer invoices to internal account balances and payment history), process credit applications, accept non-cash payments (entering info into computer system), running limited errands out of the office (dropping off mail at the post office, pick up customer payments at their office, pick up paperwork from our other locations, etc.)

Skills Required: basic Excel skills, basic Word skills, ability to balance a check book

Other Key Points: A bright smile and clear voice over the phone are necessary. Similar work experience helpful but not required. Fluency in Spanish is beneficial but not required.
Currently being a notary is beneficial, otherwise we will cover the cost of becoming a notary as well as some industry specific training classes.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

still looking bump
Old 05-11-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forwarding to a friend.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I would have known this a month ago, we wouldn't have moved closer to my job. My wife has been a bookkeeper for over 30 years. Free bump for ya.