Old 05-17-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kinda like what Gauge had to say.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gauge
It's not "closed mindedness" to stick to buying American. Call it country loyalty, nationalism, patriotism, or whatever you want. Get ready, because here comes the rant...

[RANT]

This country is rotting from the inside out and is bleeding rivers of money, but you know what? It's still the last country I'd want to see disappear off the face of this planet, so I support it the best ways I can... by keeping my dollars in THIS economy.

Do you really think the world as a whole is better off with your money being funneled into countries like China, Korea, Japan, Germany, etc? They're not all bad places, but as a Christian conservative in favor of freedom, democracy, self reliance, etc, I think the United States is the country I'm going to back.

I'm ashamed of how few Americans buy ******* American cars today. I'm amazed at how few like-minded people there are on this forum. Don't you see what decisions like these are doing to our country? Do you not care that the USA is on the road to being a third world country despite all the sacrifices that our ancestors made for it?

I'm sure that responses to this admittedly overly dramatic rant are going to include "get over it," "it's not that big of a deal," and the like. But, you know what? It is a big deal, and anyone who thinks that buying foreign cars isn't needlessly damaging this country is either in denial or just plain ******* stupid.

I feel the need to preemptively counter the argument of foreign cars built in the USA. I don't care if it's built here. That's better than a foreign-built car, but if the company is headquartered outside the USA, then it's a foreign car. I don't want just my dollars that go towards the build labor staying in the US. I want all the tax dollars, the overhead expenses (accounting, legal, finance, management, IT, etc, etc, etc) all to stay in the US. I want the profit that's made to stay in the USA. I want to see the brand prosper and then be EXPORTED to the countries that we buy and borrow from so regularly.

........ aaaaand, I'm done.

[/RANT]
do you shop at walmart or target? where do you get your groceries?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
God yall are babies. AGRV8D, I have been on this site for 9 years bro. I have owned a ws6, ss, and a z06...You obv know nothing about me. The thing I cant understand is very closed minded people and I like to bring out the closed mindedness in all these chevy for life guys and american made cars for life guys. Open up your damn eyes and realize there are there are other cars out there.
I see a minivan in your future, based on your current downward vehicle trend. This is a domestic performance based website Bill, people come here because they share the enjoyment of GM performance cars. What did you expect? You come here preaching about a Kia, and think people should agree with your decision? Who gives a ****! You only need to justify it to yourself, not others. I don't get why you feel that guys on a V8 performance car site need to accept your wife's SUV.

Summary: Quit being an assclown, just starting trouble.

Quick Reply: Suck it Kia haters again!!! LOL